Isaac
Years ago

Cavs-Wolves have handshake deal for Love

Though they can't announce it, Windhorst is saying that the Cavs and Wolves have a handshake deal on a trade that would send Kevin Love to Cleveland and Andrew Wiggins to Minnesota. It's mentioned that Anthony Bennett could head to Philadelphia and Thadeous Young to the Wolves as part of the arrangement.

Good deal for all teams but not sure how excited Wiggins would be? Minnesota get Wiggins plus Young, Cavs get their prime PF and the 76ers take on a #1 pick who is yet to meet his potential.

One older report mentioned a first round pick being involved also.

Cavs are obviously keen to win right away. Wonder if they considered sending Bennett to the 76ers for Young and keeping Wiggins?

It was obvious this was on the cards ever since LeBron didn't mention either Wiggins or Bennett in his homecoming letter.

Topic #35057 | Report this topic

Hendo8888  
Years ago

Philly are going to be hideous this season.

Reply #486354 | Report this post

Hendo8888  
Years ago

Stashing away some nice pieces though.

Reply #486355 | Report this post

Mick  
Years ago

It's a good point Isaac and something I had thought about. Philly has been shopping Young for ages and I don't think they would ask that much in return for him. He doesn't have that outside shooting that you'd want in a PF next to Lebron though.

Lebron is the best player in the world. I think you can win now either way, especially in the East. I also think playing next to Lebron would accelerate Wiggin's development, because Lebron isn't a selfish superstar and is such a cerebral guy.

Either way you are going to be good, as any scenario has the Cavs roster looking like an instant contender.

Lebron has showed he can get any crappy old team to the NBA finals, and although you shouldn't take that for granted, I would have loved to see him do this with the roster Cleveland had, rather than any forced superstar additions.

Makes you really feel for a guy like Wiggins too, who seems like a great kid.

Reply #486366 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

What does it mean for Kyrie having Lebron as we know he likes to carry.

Reply #486462 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Delly's contract is now confirmed at least.

Reply #486491 | Report this post

Thunder Jam  
Years ago

So it's Wiggins & Bennett for Love and 2015 first rounder.

Reply #486882 | Report this post

Jonno  
Years ago

Looks like its Title or Bust for the Cavs next season then,

Im still not convinced this trade is a good idea and Love is the right piece but it looks like we will find out. I wouldnt do it, but the Cavs and LeBron seem keen for it so we'll see how it turns out.

I wouldnt be surprised if the Wolves end up winning this trade by miles,

I guess if Wiggins turns out great, Bennett is solid, and the Cavs and Love win the title it will go down as a win-win.

Will be watching the Cavs and Wiggins with interest.

Reply #486886 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Anyone hoping Minnesota get better by year 2, make it to the finals against the Cavs then sweep the shit out of them?

Reply #486897 | Report this post

Jimbob  
Years ago

Not alone there anon hope that happens. Rather disappointed that lebron when out of his way to get another superstar team, was hoping hed try and win a title with kyrie and wiggins as his sidekicks i reckon they would of ben fun to watch! Lebron will have to basically play defense by himself now tho as love, kyrie and waiters are all particularly average defenders unlike where in miami wade and bosh were quite good defenders. (wade when healthy and in a right state of mind)

Reply #486904 | Report this post

Jonno  
Years ago

Yea its weak defensively for sure, that is being a major reason i dont see this move working for the title.

I personally beleive he would have been better off going with the young guys and adding Miller, Marion, another big off the bench, Okafor??. To me thats a better team. Ah well.

I reckon T-Wolves have made a killing in this trade, way better than losing Love to free agency.

This is make or break move by the Cavs and im not sure its 'make' move either, thats the problem.

Im picking the Bulls to win the East.

Even the Heat look ok and will be better defensively than the Cavs imo, even though i think the Cavs will finish higher as LeBron is that good!

Reply #486906 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

agree with above points

Minny definitely winners from this trade.
Cavs will be able to score the ball but won't be able to defend it
Surprised Lebron had love already mapped out rather than try with couple youngsters and getting some experience.

Be interesting to see how it pans out

Reply #486936 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 7:55 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754