Mick
Years ago

Crocs extend Mitch Norton until 17/18

http://www.townsvillebulletin.com.au/sport/townsville-product-eyeing-crocs-leadership-role/story-fnjfzr2z-1227014935424

Best PG in the NBL under age 25.

No brainer for the Crocs. Has improved every season.

How good exactly can he be?

Topic #35073 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Wont be as good as Maynard is this year at point guard for Cairns.

Reply #486668 | Report this post

Fred  
Years ago

Is he better than Cadee?

Reply #486688 | Report this post

MACDUB  
Years ago

He has been better than Cadee I think in the NBL.

But something tells me Cadee will have a massive breakout year this year.

I think the car accident affected him a lot more - and for a lot longer - than what everyone thought.

Playing in NZ (you could argue its not a very strong league) helped him immensely. I saw a more aggressive side to him and I think given the opportunity to shoot the ball and take on more of a scoring role he can do some damage.

Regardless of how Cadee went at the 36ers, you have to give him a lot of credit for the fact that he just played his role and never tried to be superman. He did the right thing in taking a back seat to Gibson and Ervin. Those are two bloody good guards.

Reply #486703 | Report this post

Wilson Sting  
Years ago

Isn't Cadee playing behind Jackson? Can't see it being a breakout year for him.

Reply #486711 | Report this post

Wookiee  
Years ago

@Wilson Sting: Cadee is playing for the Kings this season, first guard off the bench behind Madgen and Kendrick Perry, their import PG...

He'll have a lot more freedom at the Kings, I expect, and a lot more opportunity to grow into his potential, which has been stunted behind Gibson for so long...

Reply #486712 | Report this post

Wilson Sting  
Years ago

Thanks Wookie, stupid me forgot he was with the Kings. Either way, coming off the bench...

Reply #486713 | Report this post

Mick  
Years ago

Norton is ready to start. It just comes down to what Shawn Dennis promised Clint Steindl's agent...

Yeah' he's better than Cadee at this point. He has an assertiveness and passion that Cadee lacks at times.

He can also finish at the rim really, really well, despite not being able to jump very high, which is one of those things that you can't teach.

Norton's shot release is super slow though, which means he can only shoot jumpers if left wiiiiiiide open, and can't shoot off the dribble.

Reply #486777 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

http://www.townsvillebulletin.com.au/sport/townsville-crocodiles-coach-shawn-dennis-wants-point-guard-steve-markovic-to-assume-more-of-a-scoring-role-this-year/story-fnjfzr2z-1227017352845

Interesting article regarding Steve Markovic.

Looks like he will be ready for this coming season and has a chance to showcase his experience even more.

Not sure why he's not mentioned in the same breath of Damien Martin and Adam Gibson...

Reply #486868 | Report this post

Mick  
Years ago

He's not the defender those guys are, but he is a much better offensive player. Cant wait to see him play with two bigs in Conk and Gladness who can finish, with the two Mackay boys filling the wings. lots of dunks are on the horizon...

Reply #486888 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Must admit when checking their stats for last season I didn't realise how bad Cadee's numbers were.

Last season:

Norton-6.9ppg @ 37.9%, 40.4% 3pts, 2.6apg, 1.4rpg (on the worst team in the NBL)

Cadee-6.1ppg @ 35.8%, 30.7% 3pts, 2.5apg, 2.1rpg (on Grand Final team)

Reply #486900 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:06 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754