haystacks calhoun
Years ago

lightning line up

see the draw is out. Has the Lightning list been finalized ?

Hodges
Langford
Novosel
marino
Scheer
Foley
Mijovic
Bunton

so far... but I suppose pretty well about it.

pretty handy team IMO

Topic #35075 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Not a bad lineup. But between Canberra, Dandy, Bendigo and Townsville I feel that improvment from the others is going to go fairly unnoticed and unrewarded this season.

Personally, looking forward to seeing if the Boomers can build on last season. No huge name off season signing, so they'll rely on internal improvement and their coach who is the best in the league IMO.

Adelaide should also be handy, but behind those 5, it could be a tough season... But hey, who knows, stranger things have happened!

Reply #486686 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

How will Adelaide cope with 5 bigs? Langford, Scheer, Bunton, Hodges and Mijovic? Who will play where?
Looks like they'll need a few more guards!

Reply #486692 | Report this post

l  
Years ago

Going to be a tall season with cambeige and Jackson - I imagine scheer and bunton will play 5 spot and langford Hodges as 4s (pretty well sorts the 4/5 rotations out) with mijovic playing 3 spots as req 3-4-5 spot Marino pg novosel sg and Foley 3 spot - hoping Lauren Mansfield returns if she hasn't got a gig elsewhere.

Reply #486693 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

They don't need any guards!!!!

Reply #486694 | Report this post

l  
Years ago

Dandy bendigo caps and townsville will be top 4 . Waves will improve as with Sydney - early and away wins will define season

Reply #486695 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Mijovic would not have come here to be the 5th big - and absolute cannot play the 3!

Reply #486705 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Langford will play the 3

Reply #486715 | Report this post

manos  
Years ago

novsel will step up with more minutes this season 10-20 ppg

Reply #486723 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Lightning will live up to its name this season. lightning fast transition game... you won't see them coming

Reply #486730 | Report this post

POP  
Years ago

Lightning fast with that line-up? And the ball in Marino's hands?

Reply #486788 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Ouch...!

Reply #486830 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Far too many talks, but then that would be so Marino can be on CRT the whole time as the only pg

Reply #487273 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

We will just have to wait and see. I'm personally looking forward to the season across the board. Basketball seems to have had a small spark lately and some buzz around our sport so lets just soak it all up, get out of our chairs and get to a stadium to enjoy it...

Reply #487277 | Report this post

Anonymouse  
Years ago

I thought they picked up Hayley Moffatt from Logan/Nunawading (SEABL) didn't they?

Reply #487726 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Marino needs to give it up, she SHOULDN'T get minutes anymore... But of course she will

Reply #487727 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Novosel is gone, done her ACL.

Reply #489112 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Wonder who will replace her now?

Reply #489133 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:50 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754