Isaac
Years ago

Halls/Woollacott Dinner

Here's something to pencil into your diaries straight away.

New and improved!

This years presentation dinner for the Woollacott and Halls Medals is to be held on Sunday August 28 at the Stamford Grand.

Tickets are $75 per head and the evening includes a three course meal, beer, wine and soft drinks. Things start rolling at 6PM and Barry Curtin will be on hand as MC.

Get in touch with your club or BASA to get your ticket.

Topic #3513 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

with the medal presentation at the stamford is there a site where we can see some pictures from last year

Reply #40645 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

honestly why would they have it on a sunday

Reply #40646 | Report this post

Sponge Bob  
Years ago

yeah for $75 you'd want to be able to get smashed and not have to work the next day!

Reply #40647 | Report this post

Timberwolf  
Years ago

Sunday! What a joke. Some people have to work ya know. And if we gotta pay $75 then the beer better be flowing thick and fast.

I'll be there tho!

I think all that attend should get express entry the the Pier and Pines bar downstairs afterwards.

Reply #40648 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Is is on a sunday because it had to be that weekend and the sat night was unavailable with the Grand.

Sunday is actually a good night at the Grand anyway so it should work out well after as people will be able to kick on rather than drift off as normally happens.

Ticket prices are only $10 per head more than last year where it was held on court at the Dome. It is the "flagship" event of BASA for the year (equivalent of Magarey Medal in SANFL)and so should be treated as such, hence having it at a professional classy venue, rather than on court or in dining room at Dome.
We want our sport to be better promoted and to be taken more seriously so this is one way to start the ball rolling.
It is the intention of the Organising Sub Committee to revamp the night and add some changes so I would hope that people will support the event.

Paul Bell
Halls/Woollacott Sub Committee

Reply #40650 | Report this post

Mo'bags  
Years ago

What does it matter being on a Sunday? The count has previously been held on a Monday night, and that didn't stop people getting tanked. Quit whinging, don't go if you can't control yourself, or pull a sicky the next day.

Reply #40655 | Report this post

Sturty6ers  
Years ago

Does anyone know of the celebrities attending?

Mark Davis, Al Green, DC (taking notes for the Whats Hot/Whats Not Woollacott Edition), Bizzy (if he is old enough), Yogee (getting all the gossip) and Isaac (being an A-lister).

Reply #40661 | Report this post

Bizzy  
Years ago

oooo I got a mention!!! Yes I am old enough sturty6ers, however the more important question is....are you?

Reply #40664 | Report this post

gertrude  
Years ago

i absolutely agree with mo' bags in that why are we complaining about a sunday night. i think it is a great venue, and certainly a happening place to be on a sunday night. before last year, the event was either held on a monday or tuesday night.
bring it on!!!

Reply #40667 | Report this post

AsIseeIt  
Years ago

It is on a Sunday so that Paul Bell can have the Monday off (he is his own boss) and he gets discount room rates on Sunday nights.

Reply #40671 | Report this post

Liam Flynn  
Years ago

Barry Curtin as the MC, I'm in! Folks, here is truely hilarious fella - worth the price of admission right there.

Reply #40679 | Report this post

Pierre  
Years ago

Bell will have the whole week off to recover and to work on his shooting.

Reply #40708 | Report this post

What's the most votes 'Tinker Bell' has received on a Woollacott count? He's come close a few times hasn't he?

Reply #40709 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Stamford Grand Management has informed me that an express entry line will be set up for Halls Woollacott attendees only.

Paul Bell

Reply #40710 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Sorry, that should read express entry line into pier and pines after function.

Reply #40717 | Report this post

Timberwolf  
Years ago

Great work Paul.

Reply #40761 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The Stamford Grand are also offering accommodation specials for those who want to make a night of it.

$149 for a city view room (this includes 2 breakfasts and a car park).

$169 for an ocean view room (including 2 breakfasts and a car park).

Call the Grand on 8376 1222 to book.

PB

Reply #40765 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Is there a chance of having it televised on c31 or something after all if we want it to be taken seriously it being televised would be a great start

Reply #41895 | Report this post

Quiet one  
Years ago

SO.... Who's going? I am- come on hoopsters, it's one of SA's basketball's night of night, show some support for the game!

Reply #46692 | Report this post

SERAPIS  
Years ago

I'll be there in force, you'll find me as close to the alcohol as humanly possible

Reply #46694 | Report this post

Lloyd Braun  
Years ago

I will be there as will the dice! ogga bogga baby...

Reply #46702 | Report this post

Moses Guthrie  
Years ago

Will miss it - probably to be at the birth of my child/ren. Damn shame, that!

Reply #47257 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:20 am, Sat 27 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754