Double Clutch
Years ago

Funny What's Hot/What's Not - Birthday edition

I'm turning 21 yo, which is the age Mckay was at federation.

What's Hot:

• My 21st birthday this weekend, which I will celebrate in the same manner as previous birthdays by slipping $100 bills to strippers. Everyone is welcomed to join in the festivities with me by meeting me outside Stormy's on Saturday night.
  • Matthew Gange going for 25 on 11/19.
  • Narelle Lindsay with 23 and 14.
  • The North Adelaide Boys Choir  aka North's bench, breaking into a harmonious countdown every time the shot clock hit single digits.
  • Ninja going for a stealth like 30 on 10/22 shooting.
  • Belts. Daniel Troy, get one. Then you'll be able to focus on the game, and not tucking in your shirt every 30 seconds.
  • Damien Scanlon 31 on 11/22 with 7 assists.
  • The South Australian metro parents who formed the best cheersquad in the country at the nationals.
  • Brad Gerlach with 23 on 8/11 with 12 rebounds.
  • Monique Bowley with 20 and 12 boards.
  • Ali Trewartha  fresh off her unanimous selection into the ABL hottest 5 , the woman backs it up with an awesome display against the hot Mavericks (defeated South and Forestville recently&get your minds out of the gutter). Ali hit 16 points and grabbed a game high 11 boards.
  • Ben Madgen with 31 points, 11 rebounds and 6 assists.
  • Melissa Marsh 21 on 8/16 with 10 boards.
  • Bungey v Hawkes aerial display on Saturday. Plenty of blocks, attempted dunks and fouls including 2.17 to go in the 2nd Hawkes blocks Bungey (foul), 5.57 in the 3rd Bungey attempted dunk on Hawkes
    And 4:18 in the 3rd Bungey blocks Hawkes (foul).
  • The SA country 1 point win at nationals vs. Tasmania (the straightest state in Australia). Down by 2 with a play drawn for Bill Becker, the ball ended up in Shannon Seebohm hands who hit a 3 for the W. Shannon hit 25 with 5 rebounds and 3 assists.
  • Erin Phillips with 22, 11 boards and 7 dimes.
  • Paul "I am not gay. No seriously I'm not" Bauer to do a Sixers newsletter. Can't wait.
  • Trav Nash the comedian. Sometimes seen at Rhino room. Also Tom Bettney from Average puts on a pretty pimp set as well.
  • Nick Hambour's fourth quarter. 8:18 to go makes first contribution to the game, and grabs the mop and goes to work on a wet spot on the court. In actual fact player went for 28 and 12 and played well. Nick's activity on the boards only proves that cocaine is one hell of a drug.
  • Andrew Puddifoot with 27 and 14 on 11/17 shooting.
  • Paul Vandenbergh who went for 21 on 11/20 shooting with 11 boards and 7 assists.
  • Kerrin Truslove 18 points on 6/12 and Nerrida Cooper with 18 on 8/14 shooting.
  • 1:11 in the 3rd McKay forgets his age (as the workers in the nursing home have as well) and shoots a sky hook.

What's Not:
  • Opening up this thread looking for some action and being sorely disappointed.
  • Burdon being dragged after an airball with 9:13 to go in the second as North's final hopes are buried. Now that the season is over, will we see how a youth line-up performs?
  • The haters calling me ugly. For someone that has an Oompa Loompa for a mother I think I've done pretty well with the genes I have.
  • The American Office. Couldn't leave fast enough.
  • Kevin Brooks drawing up a play for Rees to hit the winning three against Forestville. Ok it would be hot if it went down, but as it is it was an airball.
  • That hack Baylis and his fans Cameron Wood, Ben Beatty, Christian Bell and Anthony Spadavecchia who all registered a negative HAS. They played games more ugly than a bunch of priests and Michael Jackson in the confectionary aisle at Coles.
  • The Complete Package (aka Dean Nyberg) and his threats to do physical harm to me. I've never been threatened by a four foot clown on a circus bike before.
  • Nick Hambour's physio who apparently recommends easing late game cramps by slapping the floor with his hands. Hopefully his physio name isn't Dr. Nick.

Celebrity sightings:
  • Brad Hill at Eastern v North
  • Paul Rojers at Eastern v North
  • Dr. Dunkeinstein at Eastern v North
  • The bass player from the underground Adelaide band Fingerprince (aka my brother's band) at Woodville v Forestville womens game who gives a solid two thumbs down to the quality of the coffee. It's true what people say when they meet my brother, Big DC is the brother with both the brains and the looks in the family.
  • Smooth Butter the incredible at Woodville v Forestville. The only Asian ever to visit the Powerhouse whose name isn't Ng.

Random National stats:
  • Triple Double from QLD Souths Michael Ahrens. 17 pts, 13 Boards and 10 Turnovers!
  • Chris Molitor obviously has a licence to shoot. Went 1/10 from range.
  • WAC's Cameron Gliddon 7/13 from range.
  • ACT womens team had 41 turnovers.

And finally my birthday wishes:
  • The signing of Paul Rogers.
  • The death of Rove McManus.
  • Schapelle Corby shutting the F up.
  • EC buying me a bottle of Johnny.

That's it, I'm out. Thanks to Dr. Dunkeinstein for a whole heap of help with this list.

Topic #3529 | Report this topic

njh  
Years ago

DC, Keep up the Dave Chappelle quotes and i'll be happy :)

Reply #40873 | Report this post

TCP  
Years ago

That's right... you watch yourself DC. Four foot clowns can do some damage you know!

Don't think you can disrespect me just because you recently found out you're my senior by 2-3 weeks ;).

Reply #40874 | Report this post

Mr T  
Years ago

That hack Baylis and his fans Cameron Wood, Ben Beatty, Christian Bell and Anthony Spadavecchia who all registered a negative HAS.

Baylis got a HSA of 22.5 or did you just want to include his name for the hell of it.

Good work on the list though.

Reply #40875 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

He was talking about the rest. The first lesson of DC is you don't demand to be on the list, or you have moderator ability to put yourself on it...

Reply #40876 | Report this post

Flop of the week ???

Its a bit of a 'what the' for not being in whats hot / whats not

Reply #40899 | Report this post

yogee  
Years ago

Actually DC, I have to correct you, as awesome as your work is.

The play was for a Rees step in 2...still air though :)

Reply #40903 | Report this post

Freddy  
Years ago

Flop of the week to joel goodenough during sat nights game. Kent running down the court, joel steps in front and flops - no call thank fully

Reply #40920 | Report this post

Matt Ryan  
Years ago

WHAT'S HOT: The turn-out of basketballers at TIMEWARP on Wed night!

Sturt girls, West girls, Norwood girls, North boys, Southern boys!

Good work!

Reply #40921 | Report this post

nar Rees was meant to dive to the basket, the big fella wanted the glory from the 3 point line.

Reply #40928 | Report this post

Degenerate  
Years ago

NOT - Those stupid Subway Ad's from America

Reply #40941 | Report this post

Hot: this guy: http://www.vote4jokes.com/images/anorexia.jpg

Not: Puddifoot's 3 pointer that wasn't counted on the buzzer that would of won Woodville the game! Argh!

And finally my birthday wishes:
* The death of Rove McManus.
* Schapelle Corby shutting the F up.

hah nice. I couldn't agree more.

Reply #40942 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

DC, I don't recall promising you a bottle of Johnny Walker but I'll see what I can do on the condition that you buy a season ticket. It's going to have to wait until atleast next week as I am currently out of the country.

For those that are interested, I was fortunate enough to attend the NZNBL sold out grand final between The Mighty Hawks and Auckland Stars. Unfortunately the Hawks lost it by 1 point which really hurt, especially when a last second frantic attempt by Paora Winitana to sink in a 3 pointer from halfway down the court actually went in. The umpires ruled it too late. It looked good to me, it just looked like it took a long time to reach the basket because of the distance it travelled. After the game we went to a fantastic place called Shed 2 on the Wharf which is where the players have their meals and had a get together with the fans after the game. We said our goodbyes to Dusty, who left this morning to go back home to the States. I just wished he could have gone home with a championship under his belt. I guess that's all the more reason now to come and achieve that in Adelaide.

Reply #40963 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

DC -- look how far you've come! Here's what may have been the first ever DC-branded Hot/Not list...

Reply #41076 | Report this post

Double Clutch  
Years ago

Yeah changed a fair bit. There was also a few I did on the old 36ers forum. Remember the flop/find of the week being their own thread?

Some Hot/Not merchandise will be available for sale soon.

Reply #41077 | Report this post

Hot: Paul Rojers attending Rockets games, the Woodville Warriors offence, Graves 27 points - he couldn't miss, Groves 23 - gave whitmoore a headache getting in the lane, Nathan Hawkes at the point (I saw him play badly in one game at the point and dissed him, but I take it all back as he's gettting it done), the dude heckling Mckay about his age, the content of the sixers dvd - great to watch, Woodville and North looking to run - great stuff, the crowd who made some noise - great stuff, Marcus getting on court against a team that isn't named centrals. Oh yeah, the All-star game.

Why isn't that hot? because it wasn't you heckling him? haha

Reply #41090 | Report this post

Bizzy  
Years ago

Great work again DC. Happy 21st to. Good to see you can still make time for all your fans.

Reply #41200 | Report this post

In The Know  
Years ago

Don't know if this is for the right week:

What HOT: U18 Girls making the Grand Final at Nationals

Reply #41216 | Report this post

Matt Ryan  
Years ago

DC,

With that bottle of Johnnie that EC hopefulyl buys you, try this for a drink:

A shot of Johhnie, a shot of Malibu and Coke...ROCK BOTTOM! After about 4, you are hitting it!

Happy Birthday buddy!

Reply #41271 | Report this post

Bizzy  
Years ago

Nah, try a Bacardi 151. Guarantee to make the night a blur.

My record is 5 in a row, at the Duke of Yorke hotel. Let me tell you that was pretty much my night!!

Reply #41274 | Report this post

Matt Ryan  
Years ago

Followed by a Bacon Double Cheeseburger Deluxe from Hungry's!

Reply #41275 | Report this post

Libertine  
Years ago

Bacardi 151 hits the wallet hard too. Don't ever go out drinking and promise a round of shots...and then drink all the leftovers because you're too drunk to count how many you should've ordered in the first place.

Reply #41285 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

As if you want rove mcmanus dead!!! you're just jealous coz he's successful.. and you have nothing better to do then sit at your computer typing wads of garbage... ahhhhh how sad some peoples lives are. I almost feel sorry for you. KEYWORD: Almost.

Reply #46007 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 10:21 am, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754