sharod
Years ago

Boomers vs Tall Blacks in round of quarter final

Whether it is too ideal to see this happen, I think many of us would love to see this matchup in World Cup stage. Tall Blacks had a close match with Lithuania in the warm up game (without Motiejunas), hope they can perform better and look forward to this scenario can happen. Boomers should be in favor in round of 16.

Topic #35341 | Report this topic

LC  
Years ago

Lets see how both teams go in the Round of 16 first...

Reply #492358 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I reckon neither will get through to the quarters.

Reply #492361 | Report this post

GWB  
Years ago

The trolls and haters are out in force.

Reply #492368 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"The trolls and haters are out in force."

Because Lithuania beating NZ and Turkey beating Australia is such a huge call?

Reply #492377 | Report this post

wildgoose  
Years ago

Why isn't Steve Adams playing for NZ?

Reply #492397 | Report this post

Steven  
Years ago

Australia would win

Reply #492398 | Report this post

GWB  
Years ago

No its not a huge call.. but it just seems like a sweeping negative generalization said without any reasoning or fact to back it up. Turkey hasn't set the world on fire at the cup.. had some very close games with poor opposition, only beat NZ by three.. only beat Finland by a couple I believe.. and lost to everyone else?

Reply #492409 | Report this post

GWB  
Years ago

Just checked, stand corrected.. 3 point win to NZ, 4 point win to finland, 7 point win to dominican republic and 6 point loss to ukraine, 27 loss to USA. On form alone I am not too worried..

Reply #492411 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

You should be. This could be a real tough game if we don't come out with the same energy we had against Lithuania. If it's a halfcourt game I think it's a line-ball decision.

Reply #492418 | Report this post

GWB  
Years ago

So, is that to say the Lithuanian game plan will be the best one for Turkey also? Do they have strong guards?

Reply #492421 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

They have ok guards, but I think they are susceptible to our pressure.

Reply #492423 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Interestingly, Australia hasn't reached the quarter finals of a World Cup since 1994.

Reply #492434 | Report this post

Big Ads  
Years ago

No team in the Final 16 should be underestimated, do so at your peril, especially those guys from Estados Unidas. Avoid them at any cost.

Reply #492450 | Report this post

Mick  
Years ago

The other problem is they have Omer Asik - who is basically the perfect player to stop Baynes, who has been our best player in this world cup. We havent really come up against a team with a great defensive big yet.

Reply #492470 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Told you neither would make it.

Reply #492743 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 3:10 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754