Scores tied at 37 all with 3:03 left in the 2nd

Reply #494936 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

36ers lead 43-37 at half-time

Reply #494938 | Report this post

rockets fan  
Years ago

6ers look a lot better in this game.Anthony playing better and Wilson doing better on running the offence in this game as well.

Reply #494939 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Top scorers for both teams Montreal with 13 and Carson with 11

Reply #494940 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

36ers up 63-51 with 2:42 to go in the 3rd.

Reply #494941 | Report this post

Ganymede 86  
Years ago

Wollongongs d is shocking!

Reply #494943 | Report this post

rockets fan  
Years ago

6ers are on fire

Reply #494944 | Report this post

Hendo8888  
Years ago

Creek number 55 this season.
Any reason for the change?

Reply #494946 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Massive run by the 36ers lead 77-55 at 3-Qtr time

Reply #494947 | Report this post

rockets fan  
Years ago

Wilsons playmaking and pushing the tempo 1st class.Creek would struggle on a slower paced team, but on a running team like this he thrives. Montreal would get a fair bit of confidence out of this performance.

Reply #494952 | Report this post

Darryl  
Years ago

I am flabbergasted but well done to Adelaide

Reply #494953 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

36ers win 106-81

Reply #494954 | Report this post

Ganymede 86  
Years ago

Wilson showing what he can do on an up tempo team. Think the Sixers season this year will come down to Schenscher

Reply #494955 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Players of note

36ers

Creek 27p 5r 3a 12/19 fg 1/2 3p

Wilson 23p 8r 7a 7/14 fg 0/1 3p

Montreal 15p 4r 3a 7/10 fg 0/2 3p 1/3 ft

Gibson 13p 7a 6r 5/16 fg 2/7 3p

Petrie 6p 3r 3t 3/9 fg 0/2 3p

Crawford 8p 3a 2r 3/8 fg 2/5 3p

Hawks

Demos 19p 5t 6/8 fg 4/4 3p 3/6 ft

Carson 16p 4r 3a 6t 5/12 fg 0/1 3p

Ervin 12p 4r 2a 4/9 fg 0/2 3p

Coenraad 9p 7r 4/7 fg 1/1 3p

Gruber 8p 6r 3t 3/6 fg 2/4 ft

Forman 6p 6r 2/8 fg 0/5 3p

Hill 9p 4r 2a 4/9 fg 1/5 3p

Ballinger 0p 5r 2b 0/3 fg 0/3 3p

Reply #494956 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

A post from MACDUB yesterday:

"Agreed that Creek has reached his ceiling and his game doesn't translate to this level, end of."

Perhaps a caution against making snap judgements based on single pre-season games ...

In saying that I'm sure this win hasn't completely assuaged the fears of 36ers fans for this season.

Reply #494960 | Report this post

Annon  
Years ago

Still concerned as Hawks is one team, Breakers another and so on. Needs to translate to a variety of games and teams...… verdict still out...

Reply #494971 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Of course the jury is still out, it's pre-season. I am enjoying having the old doomsaying Hoops forum back though, it was a bit dull last season without anything to complain about!

Reply #494986 | Report this post

MACDUB  
Years ago

"Agreed that Creek has reached his ceiling and his game doesn't translate to this level, end of."

Will still hold my judgment. Once the season rolls around i think we will see the same we have seen in the past.

Of course we will see these explosions now and then but IMO he doesn't have the type of game to do it regularly.

Reply #494992 | Report this post

fstos  
Years ago

I wouldn't draw any conclusions from a game against the Hawks. Their pre season form has been awful to put it kindly. I am struggling to see how even Gordie can get this team to be able to stop anyone. Might be one of the worst defensive teams ever.

At times the line up might be the two midgets, Coenraad, Forman and Balls. Wow.

Hope I am wrong but I cant see the Hawks winning any game where they don't score close to 100pts.

They used to be able to slow the game down but that style completely contradicts the way that Ervin and Carson need to operate. Strange import selections.

Reply #494997 | Report this post

Jonno  
Years ago

I'd like to use Creek alot at PF, a little undersized but is solidly built and hustles hard, see if he can be our 'Vukona' type.

Also doesnt Montreal have the better outside/perimeter shot/skills? If so id rather use him at sf on the outside a bit more, atleast offensively.

Reply #494998 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

Consistency by DQ and Jamar will be the key I think. Rebounding will be incredibly troublesome as well.

If we can figure out how to rebound and have consistency from our imports, we could fight for the last finals spot.

Reply #495001 | Report this post

Ganymede 86  
Years ago

fstos agree with you on Wollongong. Even when Davidson comes back I still think they will struggle on d. They miss Martin more than you'd think at first.
Wollongong should've got a defensive import big and another Aussie guard instead of Ballinger

Reply #495004 | Report this post

Beantown  
Years ago

That was definitely a much better performance from the Sixers than the first game. The Hawks couldn't really trouble us with our most glaring weakness though, which is rebounding. All the offensive boards we are going to give up this season is going to drive me crazy.

On the positive side, Teys has picked up where he left off and we've picked up two good shooters in Crawford and DQ. If Joey can get our guys playing good enough harassing defence to force TOs and get out and run, I think we could get a nice throwback to some of the Sixers early 90s teams. Those teams were always undersized, but were able to stay in games through helter skelter defence and great shooting.

One thing I would like to see is Teys in the starting lineup. The guy plays good D, is a lights out shooter and can even put it on the floor fairly effectively. Problem is, he's not dislodging Gibbo from the backcourt and with our lack of rebounding, I don't think we can take Creek or DQ out of the starting lineup.

Reply #495007 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I think some might be reading too much into this game when the Hawks will probably be spoon contenders.

Reply #495008 | Report this post

Jonno  
Years ago

Hmm rebounding and interior defense has been an issue for ages, even with Johnson, as he only averaged around 6-7 rebounds a game, if Montreal can average around 5-6 and Creek an extra 1 or 2 we have almost covered that side of things and either of those guys are better defenders than DJ, albeit much smaller.

Part of me wonders if we should have added someone like even a Mottram/Pero/Truslove type to our roster as the 10th man just to give us a bit more size and big man depth. Dont we have a few points spare with Daly signing as our 10th man, maybe we could sign one of these guys as the 11th man?? They just need to be able to fill the old 'Reesy' role of being a big body inside who plays physical and works hard both ends, dont need to be stars or anything.

To me thats our only major weekness, as from pg-pf we are pretty good imo, and have improved our outside shooting from last season which was our other weakness.

Reply #495012 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Thought Majok Majok would have been a really good signing for Wollongong as a returning local who could fill the rebounding void. I believe he has signed in Slovenia.

Reply #495016 | Report this post

rockets fan  
Years ago

You mean Ater Majok?

Reply #495033 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Nah I mean Majok Majok:

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/player/_/id/61867/majok-majok

He's signed in Slovenia for Helios though.

Reply #495209 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 12:30 am, Wed 20 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754