Slammin'08
Years ago

Outdoor Courts - Gawler SA Region

Hi guys,

Does anyone know of any outdoor courts that I could use in the Gawler area? I have a ring in the back yard but not much space and want to find somewhere I can get some shots up on a weekend or an evening. My Googlefu has failed me and same with google earth trawling.

Topic #35568 | Report this topic

Jerry Denard Jr  
Years ago

Try the local public high schools and primary schools, obviously not when students are present.

I assume its not illegal to use public school courts, I always have.

And as you said you were looking for
"somewhere I can get some shots up on a weekend or an evening"

If you google map satellite view the Gawler East Primary School you can see 2 outside tennis courts, when you zoom in you can see basketball court markings on one court and what looks like, to me, to be Basketball hoops and the shadows seem to confirm that they are.

Reply #496179 | Report this post

cat  
Years ago

Starplex

with the A/C permanently on during a winter's day and the wind in your hair it feels like the great outdoors

Reply #496184 | Report this post

Slammin'08  
Years ago

I always assumed starplex was only for organised practice or yes. Do you just become aber of the gym or something and you can use the courts if they are free?

With schools I always thought it was trespassing these days. Most schools are all fenced and locked up.

Reply #496185 | Report this post

Paul  
Years ago

We have just went looking and can't find anything -its bullshit! The Schools are community assets and we have some clown decide to spend hundreds of thousands of dollars to stop kids playing on the play grounds and basketball courts. Thanks for destroying the community spirit! We did use Hewett Primary and it was great but after some scum bag set fire to the School some accountant decided to squash community spirit as well and look the place down with a big black ugly fence! You wonder why we have fat kids all over the place! The council needs to provide some basketball courts around the place!

Reply #496564 | Report this post

jimmy james  
Years ago

where are the basketball court that are free in galwer

Reply #576689 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

After I play outdoors in Gawler I get hunrgry so head over to La Vita.

Reply #576732 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Can anonymous above neck himself please

Reply #576738 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 6:02 am, Sat 27 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754