Train
Years ago

NBL website - Where's the hype?

Last News article was about the Luke Neville signing on Sept 30. No articles since then. 2 Days out from the launch of the 2014/15 season and no game previews, no season preview, no hype...nothing. Are my expectations too high or is this a bit of a poor effort on behalf of NBL HQ.

Topic #35610 | Report this topic

Mick  
Years ago

Expectations too high.

The NBL doesn't know how to internet.

Reply #496893 | Report this post

Matthew  
Years ago

I have to agree. Ive seen Banners put up in the local mall for the Wildcats like 2 weeks ago, and puff pieces in local media.

Have heard hardly a word about Season opener on Friday on either channel 10 or elsewhere.

Reply #496894 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

The NBL site is like a ghost town right now...

Reply #496895 | Report this post

Train  
Years ago

In a tweet they did link to a season preview by Sportal which was really lacking in content...but yeah that's a bit of a poor effort still.

Reply #496899 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Have to say compared to our biggest competition the A-League and Cricket (when it starts), Basketball is still floundering with the media!

Reply #496901 | Report this post

Cats b2b  
Years ago

Nbl hq has to lead the way if they want to move forward, no point bringing ex and futre nba players, if there is no promo about it. I alwayz expect more and i understand it will never happen. No point, 8 team ceo's working hard if the main ceo is not on the same page.

Reply #496903 | Report this post

Train  
Years ago

It's not hard to publish news articles from other clubs websites on to the NBL website . It's not much , but atleast it would be something. There been a lot of hype about the import class this year , can't understand why they wouldn't capitalise on that. Be great to have some Q and A type articles on the the new guys coming to the NBL.

Reply #496907 | Report this post

MV  
Years ago

At least we know the clubs are doing some things...I've seen a Melbourne United TV ad this year. I can't remember the last time that I saw a "team" membership ad for basketball! The clubs are always very active on social media too which is good.
But the NBL is definitely lagging behind.

Reply #496911 | Report this post

mystro  
Years ago

Breakers social media been fairly steady through the offseason with Tall Blacks updates etc and Sky TV advertising the NBL season kick off with a nice add with Cedric Jackson "the missing piece to the puzzle".

Reply #496914 | Report this post

Spinner  
Years ago

Perhaps the NBL and SIXERS marketing people went to the same Uni.!

Reply #496915 | Report this post

Darryl  
Years ago

A rubbish website season is two days away.
Alot of exciting imports coming in and no attempt to promote the game at all.

Reply #496918 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

New people in charge, same old problem.

The clubs (well most) try really hard yet the league HQ always ends up being people who are lazy and can't be bothered.

Reply #496924 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Does nbl.com.au have the heartbleed problem?

My browsers always crawl if I am on the league website for too long.

sorry not tech knowledgeable but I think there is poor coding or flash on it because it effects my browser

sheeeeet website regardless

Reply #496936 | Report this post

Train  
Years ago

They has finally started rolling out the game previews lol
http://www.nbl.com.au/article/id/k4dpzqnjrnh818tkwhm4p768h

Reply #496946 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I saw an ad this morning for the NBL on ESPN.

It was a Sydney Kings ad promoting their game on Saturday vs Wollongong. Carfino on voice over naturally.

So we have most clubs promoting and as always no support from league HQ.

Reply #497033 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yes Train saw the previews and they are pathetic. I guess paul isn't doing them anymore? The new person is lazy at best!

Reply #497035 | Report this post

Dagger  
Years ago

Currently a very good season preview written from Crows Josh Jenkins
Not who I expected to write it but better than what's out there so far

Reply #497125 | Report this post

Train  
Years ago

Dagger : Do you have a link ?

Reply #497126 | Report this post

Train  
Years ago

Nvermind, I found it .Didn't realize you meant it was on the NBL Website

Reply #497127 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 6:27 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754