Anonymous
Years ago

Reuben Te Rangi

So Te Rangi has been charged will he be stood down and released from his contract.

Topic #35688 | Report this topic

D4444  
Years ago

More than charged, he's been convicted.

http://www.3news.co.nz/sport/reuben-te-rangi-fails-to-avoid-conviction-2014101714

Reply #498530 | Report this post

alexkrad  
Years ago

ouch he looked good last week

Reply #498540 | Report this post

alexkrad  
Years ago

That story says nothing about him being released from his contract, reads like the opposite actually.

Reply #498541 | Report this post

MACDUB  
Years ago

160 Hours community work and a $1000 fine.

Reply #498543 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

and will be playing Adelaide I believe. NZ aren't going to give him the boot.

Reply #498544 | Report this post

PlaymakerMo  
Years ago

You'd better be right, Mystro - my Dream Team is at stake!

Reply #498547 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

no mention in NZ media about him not playing PlaymakerMo, you should be right.

Reply #498548 | Report this post

Tiger Watcher  
Years ago

Shouldn't be allowed to re-enter Australia moving forward under the Australia immigration Act as his isn't of a fit & proper character.

Same will & should apply to Henry.

I've had a couple of kiwi mates with recorded convicts who were turned back at the airport due to convictions within the last 10 years.

Reply #498550 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

your country was founded by criminals & half the NRL are convicted idiots, how does that work?

Reply #498551 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

My friend served close to 2 years in Queensland for possession of ecstasy (thousands & thousands of pills) and comes & goes without too many issues. Queensland just takes a bit longer to clear customs.

Reply #498552 | Report this post

Bear  
Years ago

Being stupid isn't a crime Mystro, also last time I looked you couldn't be held responsible for what your ancestors did!

I think Ruddy said sorry on our behalf a few years ago though, that should take care of it all I reckon, sins forgiven and all that...

Reply #498553 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Young kid that made a terrible mistake.

Let him do the community service and continue his career. He might be able to become a positive influence on young kids in NZ.

Reply #498555 | Report this post

Tornado  
Years ago

They're all locals Mystro! ;-)

Reply #498556 | Report this post

D4444  
Years ago

Young kid that made a terrible mistake.

So he should do the time just like any other "young kid" who commits a crime.

Reply #498563 | Report this post

FYI  
Years ago

@mystro Aboriginals were not criminals

Reply #498575 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I thought Te Rangi was lucky to escape the conviction of orally discharging saliva onto the face of Ben Simmons during last year's Oceania championships.

Reply #498580 | Report this post

Tiger Watcher  
Years ago

you sure? crime stats might say otherwise!

Reply #498581 | Report this post

MACDUB  
Years ago

Easy on Mystro..our Kiwi League players havent exactly been angels...e.g. Packer.

He flew back to Auckland immediately after..(45min flight or a 5 hour drive) and will suit up tonight. Interesting to see whether what happened today will affect him.

Henry is due to be sentenced at the end of the NBL season.

Reply #498582 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

I am having a laugh...

Reply #498587 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Tiger watcher im a kiwi and agree 100 percent

Reply #498609 | Report this post

Thomo  
Years ago

while i agree with you mystro

bit of history lesson, South Australia the ONLY state not settled by Convicts...

Reply #498628 | Report this post

anonymous  
Years ago

Seriously Bear - Beat the crap out of someone is more than stupid.. It is criminal... What if it was your friends, relative, girlfriend, father, mother sister, daughter….. Would you like to see the offender on Tv cheered on or at the minimum punished and losing some of what he enjoys doing …. Bear you are the one who is stupid for saying it…

Reply #498660 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

As he wasn't sentenced to a term of imprisonment I doubt he will have any issues coming and going from Australia.

Reply #498667 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

And Mystro, let's not forget NZ was actually part of the colony of NSW at one stage.

Reply #498678 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

"bit of history lesson, South Australia the ONLY state not settled by Convicts..."

Not quite, Thomo, SA was the only state never to have convicts, but Victoria wasn't settled by convicts either. It had a colony that was closed down.

Reply #498694 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

So Henry was put on house arrest but then the judge realises he has an NBL season to play so they postpone proceedings...even though house arrest can't be adjourned so they just keep his status in "limbo" until the eventual house arrest...wow what a shambles, poor victims

Reply #498709 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

The victims support the players, they have all met each other and made peace

Reply #498717 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

http://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/basketball/10634200/From-court-to-court-time-Breaker-breaks-down/

This article reaffirms the Breakers position on TeRangi.

Reply #498820 | Report this post

The Dream  
Years ago

Made Peace , be unaustralian to make peace

so good on the kiwis

Reply #499006 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 3:21 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754