td
Years ago

Serious question about the haters

Why do Australian players attract so much hate? There are so many terrible terrible players in the NBA who are simply ignored while our Australians are doing great things.

There were so many comments about Patty before he made saying he shouldn't be in the NBA and he would never get back in etc. Then Patty becomes a top 10 3pt %, gets votes for 6th man and becomes a big part of the NBA champion team.

Delly copped a lot. So many posts about he would never get in the NBA. Now hes the official backup for one of the favourites and he continues to put up solid numbers with IQ and pois.

Exum - There were a couple of threads after the world cup which completely wrote him off. I saw 'biggest bust' among many other names for him. Now he is progressing as the experts expected him too and although still early days he has a promising career ahead.

Ingles- there was a whole thread on here about how he would be lucky to be signed to a Euro team and that he is lieing about the NBA offers. Now official word is out about at least 3 different offers this offseason.

I could go on with more but I think you get the picture. Too much negativity from some in this forum.

Topic #35692 | Report this topic

Bear  
Years ago

Agree there is a lot of negativity, also lots of great comments, information, misinformation, rumours, lots of stupid ones, funny stuff and various things in between...

That's what you get @td in the free world, with little to no censorship.

Reply #498668 | Report this post

Darryl  
Years ago

Let it slide @td.
Haters don't change and most are "anonymous".
There are more good posters than bad on this forum but everyone is entitled to an opinion.

Reply #498671 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

this is place for people to give their opinion, so what if down the road they were proven to be wrong...would be a boring place if we all agreed on everything and supported the same team.
often you'll be overly optimistic in your opinion because you have some emotional attachment to a team/player/result and will go with your heart and not your head. we all do it, it's human nature.

topics like this remind me of Captain Hindsight off South Park.

Reply #498672 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Hate this thread. All opinions are valid on a forum based website. You dont like it so be it. Why hate the haters? They help create conversation. Next...

Reply #498673 | Report this post

Pig eater  
Years ago

Where is the like button

Reply #498675 | Report this post

Bear  
Years ago

@#498673 I get the irony of your post, that's actually very funny! Did you realise it when you hit the POST button?

Reply #498677 | Report this post

Darryl  
Years ago

#673 what a clown.

Reply #498680 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

yo, td, stop hating on people who criticize Australian NBA players!

Reply #498685 | Report this post

Baller#3  
Years ago

The harshest critics are the ones that love you the most I guess.

Reply #498698 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

#673 keeping it real.

Reply #498699 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Agree with the haters whole heartedly.

We should be pumping up the tyres of any of our players whether they make the NBA, NBL, College, U19, U17 National teams, U14, U16, U18 & U20 State teeams.

Oz players making it in the NBA is great for our game here, it gives us exposure and opens the doors for others follow and makes it easier for them to get to college, NBA or Europe. These guys are the trailblazers, the pioneers and we should all be thankful for what they've done, what they're doing & what they're going to do.

Also, not sure if it is hate. It is just peoples personal opinion, which we're all entitled to, however right, wrong misguided it is.

Let's be honest, 99.99% of people on hear are anonymous!

With names like Bear, Darryl, Baller#3, Pigeater Mystro, td, etc, etc. You're all anonymous.

I could be Paul - Paul who?

There are only few that use their real names like Luke (Sunderland), Tim Hudson. Also, we know who LC and Isaac are. They're the only ones I know that readily come to mind.

Reply #498732 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Conklin scores 30 & 10 and no mention at all on an NBL forum. HATERS!

Reply #498809 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Who is Conklin?

Reply #498813 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Serious question to all the haters... how you like that United performance? yeah boi

Reply #498859 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The people using the term hater need to grow up and stop being pathetic

It doesn't mean you're a hater cause you don't think Aussies are not the best players. I'm sure a lot want them to do well and love seeing Aussies in the NBA.

Reply #498927 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 5:14 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754