It's a worry that's for certain.

Topic #35703 | Report this topic

Marcus Camby  
Years ago

What?

Reply #498824 | Report this post

Mick  
Years ago

Crocs need to pull their head in and offer fair ticket prices because right now its a joke that isnt funny any more.

Reply #498826 | Report this post

Ano  
Years ago

reminiscent of the Victoria Giants before they folded up. Moved to Dandenong and after one year, that was it.

Reply #498827 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Crocs definitely need to do something about pricing. Simple fact is you can turn up to a Fire game and get an adult ticket for $17 where as for the Crocs because all the cheap seats sold as season tickets it is a minimum $50 as a walk up.

There were plenty of people at the Fire game last night who I have never seen there before but have been seen at Crocs games before now.

Reply #498829 | Report this post

NBL Fan  
Years ago

Actually no Anon, walk up tickets are not $50 each, they still have a small amount of the cheap seats left and then you get to silver which there are plenty of for $37 for adults.

Reply #498830 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

The Crocs website lists adult silver at $53. If that's the cheapest seat available for most walk-ups I imagine you'd get plenty of walk-offs!

Reply #498846 | Report this post

Marcus Camby  
Years ago

Holy crap $53?

Even the Wildcats...one would imagine one of the biggest tickets in town....you can get Nickel seats for around $20.

Reply #498852 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

$53 for a tin shed? I'm sorry but the rent would be cheap and they are charging more than the prices at the Entertainment Centre, WTF are they doing?

They moan about TEC rent, which they deemed to be a ripoff yet now are trying to ripoff fans themselves because of an obviously stupid budget that was drawn up to cater for the pathetic amount of sponsorship generated. Compelte and utter morons.

Reply #498853 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

1900 for the fire game, 1450 for the crocs...

Reply #498866 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

You would thinking staying at TEC would suit what they are trying to do with ticket pricing to plug a whole in the budget, more would be willing to pay those prices and corporates would remain. It isn't going to work in a recreation centre. I don't know whether to laugh or cry... LOL... sorry couldn't contain myself I guess I'm laughing more than anything.

Reply #498867 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Ticket Prices 2014-2015 NBL Season:
Hollywood $135,
Sky Box $110,
Courtside - Sideline $115,
Courtside – Baseline 1st Row $125, Courtside – Baseline 2nd Row $115,
Gold $79,
Silver - Adult $53, Concession $42, Child $30, Family (2A+2Ch) $136;
Silver Outer - Adult $37, Concession $30, Child $22, Family(2A+2Ch) $95; Bronze - Adult $29, Concession $26 , Child $21,
Family (2adults+2children)$79;
Restricted View $18.

Reply #498868 | Report this post

Marcus Camby  
Years ago

Ahh....$37 is more reasonable. Sheesh...

Reply #498876 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Which club are does ticket prices for?

If those prices are for Crocs then I would be telling them there is nothing Hollywood about the RSL Shed.

Reply #498877 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Funny this is that for the Hollywood, Courtside Sideline, Baseline 1st & 2nd row are all almost sold out - it's the ridiculous Gold & Silver prices that are almost totally unsold.

The cheapest tickets were pretty much sold out from memberships.

Reply #498882 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Spot on, milk the people with more money than sense who want to be up near the court, but make the rest of the tickets affordable.

Reply #498883 | Report this post

Lie detector  
Years ago

Can anyone that was actually IN the building verify that there was 1900 people there?

The fire have been known to take ALOT of creative license in attendance figures

Reply #498890 | Report this post

Venom  
Years ago

When the Fire went community owned - they got more members and Foundation members then the Crocs. Mainly because of the cheaper ticket prices and the attitude of the board towards members etc.

Fre are definitely more popular - Crocs org are a laughing stock around Townsville which is sad. But the previous owners just wasted the goodwill. Ian Smythe the ex-Crocs CEO now lives in Cairns as an interesting side note....

Reply #498901 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I am glad I know where smythe lives. Why the frikking hell do I need to know that?

Reply #498919 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Bullshit previous owners wasted goodwill.

Reply #498934 | Report this post

MACDUB  
Years ago

$37 is not reasonable.

Geez.

Tickets to the Chiefs Super Rugby game here in Hamilton..$10

Tickets to the Warriors NRL game in Auckland..$20

Tickets to the ITM Cup Rugby Final (the best domestic rugby comp in the World)...$20

Tickets to Sydney FC game..$23-28

Tickets to Blackcaps Game vs South Africa Cricket in Hamilton on Friday..$22.50

I can keep going..Ridicolous prices by the Crocs. I understand they need the $ to survive, but that is unbelievable. They shouldn't be in next year's league..this will go on forever otherwise..throw in the towel and lets move forward with Brisbane.

Reply #498976 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

factor in the exchange rate and its comparable ;)

Reply #498984 | Report this post

BMF  
Years ago

I dont care, $37 for a game of ball is off the dial, you can get into an AFL game for less, an A-League for less and into most stadiums to watch other teams for less.

I wouldn't attend either if i lived there.

Reply #498986 | Report this post

Kr  
Years ago

The trouble is $37 to $50 for silver seats is the largest section in the seating plan by far, 8-10 rows depending on the section. whereas there are only three rows of bronze seats at $25, they need to halve the number of silver seats and open up more bronze ASAP.

Just ask all silver season ticket holders if they can move closer to the action for no extra cost, and free up another 4 rows at $25.

http://www.crocodiles.com.au/seating-plan

Reply #498993 | Report this post

MACDUB  
Years ago

Anon #984,

I only highlighted NZ sporting games because I know their prices :)

Australia sporting events are probably exactly the same price (if not cheaper) with a better atmosphere, which makes me wonder even more what the Crocs are doing??

Reply #499007 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The Sixers used to base their ticket prices on the cost of a movie. Not sure if they do now but that I think would be a good starting point for an obviously struggling organisation.

Reply #499015 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Fire lied about their crowd - only 1400 through the door. You've gotta ask yourself why would they do that?

Reply #499071 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Crowd was definitely more than 1400. Not sure where you got your info from

Reply #499133 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

it doesnt matter what the Fire had - Crocs ticket prices stink! blame it on whoever you want but until they change it will be an empty stadium

Reply #499135 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 4:33 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754