Lil' Lightning
Years ago

No MC during Lightning Game

First game of the season... new coach... new look team... new uniforms... no MC?? Super unprofessional n disorganised!! Very disappointing from a "professional" sporting club.

Topic #35734 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

No money!

Reply #499449 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

sure someone would do it for nix

Reply #499454 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

M C a waste of time as you can't understand a word that is spoken due to the crappy sound system. It just sounded like a continuous blur during the sixes game.

Reply #499455 | Report this post

!  
Years ago

not worried about announcer - great win by the lightning !

Reply #499465 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Is there a courtside announcer as with 36ers games?

Reply #499466 | Report this post

sportsfan  
Years ago

you think a MC would be a requirement by the league so be interesting how long this will last

Reply #499468 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Was it because the game started at 5 which made it difficult for volunteers to get to the game after work?

Reply #499474 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Did they actually organise one? poor planning, cost cutting? not sure but I would have thought it would be a requirement of the league. Bad look all round.

Reply #499501 | Report this post

Anon12  
Years ago

Last season I believe it was the 36ers Court Announcer (Alan?). Might have been too early. not sure if the previous person was available?

Reply #499504 | Report this post

crusty  
Years ago

We watched the game and thought something was missing. Just seemed flat! Enjoyed the win, though.

Reply #499507 | Report this post

Nix 79  
Years ago

I heard that they actually forgot to organise anyone. It's SOOOOO disrespectful to our female athletes. I can't imagine that they would ever "forget" to organise something for a 36ers game!!!!

Reply #499534 | Report this post

FDR  
Years ago

It should be noted that 'they' are two different groups. The 36ers management weren't responsible for organizing the Lightning court announcer.

Allan hasn't done it for 2 seasons. Last season it was a guy named Dave. He hadn't yet been asked again. I'm told whoevers job it was, simply never got around to arranging someone.

Reply #499642 | Report this post

Mick  
Years ago

No MC would make the game seem MORE professional to me, not less...

Reply #499650 | Report this post

Nix 79  
Years ago

How does someone who has a job to do - for a PROFESSIONAL league - just "simply never get around" to doing their job????

Reply #499693 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

What about a certain referee telling them to turn the music off during the game
Although I don't know the rules of when the music is and isn't allowed to play, anyone got clarification on it

Reply #499715 | Report this post

Nix 79  
Years ago

I don't know the rules but they need some music pumping to create a bit of atmosphere in there! It's much better with some loud music playing every so often, rather than the crickets which you mostly hear during the game!

Reply #499717 | Report this post

Search  
Years ago

Music was asked to be turned off for free-throws.

Reply #499901 | Report this post

Nix 79  
Years ago

Fair enough for the music to be off during free throws, but in time outs and game breaks, and perhaps after an exciting bit of play (just for 10 seconds or so), the music needs to be cranked!

Reply #500306 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:43 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754