Isaac
Years ago

Steve Nash out for the season

"Being on the court this season has been my top priority and it is disappointing to not be able to do that right now," Nash said in a statement released by the team. "I work very hard to stay healthy and unfortunately my recent setback makes performing at full capacity difficult. I will continue to support my team during this period of rest, and will focus on my long-term health."
Sad way to retire?

Topic #35735 | Report this topic

shootingblanks  
Years ago

For sure, but I think the sad thing was when he came out and said he was just playing for the cash. I suspect there would be a lot more sympathy if he was being driven to continue by his love for the game.

Stupidly entertaining player in his prime though.

Reply #499470 | Report this post

Mick  
Years ago

Brought it on himself.

Reply #499473 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

When did he say he was just doing it for the $$$?

Reply #499478 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

He said it in his documentory, credit to him for being honest and not like the rest of them that are full of Sh1t. "Even if I didn`t get paid I would do this" Yep of coarse you would ha ha.

Reply #499480 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Kobe loves what Nash is doing. More of an excuse to go for 50 points a night on 20% shooting to relive his former glory minus any chance of a title, of course.

Reply #499505 | Report this post

Benno  
Years ago

I feel for Steve having nerve issues myself they are unbelievably painful, to even play at NBA level in that pain is a testament to him!

Reply #499517 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I reckon he should try to come back and play for Canada in the Olympics off the bench.... won't happen tho.

Reply #499522 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Do you think a trade is possible? Maybe a team out there would be interested?

Reply #499680 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 7:51 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754