Atlanta
Boston
Philadelphia
Orlando
Milwaukee

Topic #35757 | Report this topic

Phil  
Years ago

so picking charlotte and atlanta to fall off?

not so sure. think charlotte have improved their team , can other teams go past them? sure but not that much.

brooklyn? don't see them in top 6 conference in any way

Reply #500166 | Report this post

PlaymakerMo  
Years ago

Atlanta, Charlotte and possibly Toronto ranked a little low.

Miami and Indiana ranked too high.

Philadelphia ranked #13? There is a chasm between the 76ers and the next worst NBA team.

Reply #500168 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Indiana and Detroit above Charlotte? no way...

Reply #500170 | Report this post

Phil  
Years ago

ill have a go at it.... orders might not be exact but i think this is pretty roughly how they will fall

Chicago
Cleveland
Washington
Toronto

Indiana
Miami
Detroit
Charlotte
Atlanta

this 2nd group could almost be in any order depending on form/injuries
baring anything unforeseen these above are the top 9 teams

New York

Brooklyn
Boston
Orlando
Milwaukee

Philadelphia

Reply #500172 | Report this post

Aussiebballer  
Years ago

Philli will be dead last, like worst record in NBA history last.
Indiana are going to struggle to make the playoffs.
There team looked terrible in pre-season games.
Dallas rested their starting 5 and their bench nearly beat a full strength Pacers, except George obviously.
I can't see them being to score enough points to keep up with decent teams.

Charlotte and Detroit should be better and I think Toronto will be a top 3 team.

Brooklyn is hard to read, they look good on paper but are relying on a lot of old andor injury prone players.

Cleveland
Chicago
Toronto
Miami
Washington
Brooklyn
Charlotte
Detroit
Atlanta
New York
Indiana
Milwaukee
Boston
Orlando.....

Daylight...

Philadelphia

Reply #500175 | Report this post

Wonders  
Years ago

If Indiana is smart, this will be a tanking year. Milwaukee will surprise a few people

Reply #500176 | Report this post

Beantown  
Years ago

I think you've got it about right Phil, but I think losing both George and Stephenson is going to really hurt Indy's ability to create on offence and I can't see them making the playoffs.

I reckon Brooklyn will make the playoffs, even if Lopez struggles to stay healthy. Plumlee was solid in the middle last year and will cover for him again while D-Will looks healthier and they have some solid scorers and shooters in Johnson, Jack, Teletovic, Anderson and Bogdanovic.

I think Detroit have improved, but I think they will be fighting it out for 9th with New York and perhaps Boston, whose defence has improved dramatically in pre-season.

Reply #500177 | Report this post

Mick  
Years ago

Indiana won't make the playoffs. David West's will is only so strong. Roy Hibbert is dead. The injuries are going to pile up as Vogel rides the few guys he has left way too hard.

They were the 2nd worst offense in the league post-all start break last year, and they just lost their only two off the bounce threats in George and Lance. Who is going to score for them? They should tank and try to get a second star (a la spurs with Tim Duncan next to Robinson) to play next to PG. Expect David West to be moved elsewhere to a middle of the rung contender, and possibly Hibbert too. You're going to see lots of Rodney Stuckey. They're going to be the least fun basketball team to watch maybe since the introduction of the shot clock. This is going to be ugly

Detroit: SVG is a top 5 coach, which is something you can never underestimate. He'll get a career year out of Brandon Jennings, who has never played for an elite coach before and whose career is in need of a resurgence. I wouldn't bet the farm on it but I say they sneak in based on coaching alone. This team is not good, and I don't like the Jodie Meeks overpay or the fact that he's already hurt, but the coaching should get them in or at least have them within sniffing distance.

Charlotte: got in last year and just got a whole lot better. They're in.

Everyone else is self explanatory:

Cleveland
Chicago
Toronto
Washington
Miami
Atlanta
Charlotte
Detroit

New York
Brooklyn
Indiana
Milwaukee
Boston
Orlando
Philly

Reply #500188 | Report this post

Boydz N The Hood  
Years ago

Indiana are an interesting one, personally feel their core bigs in Hibbert, West and Scola are better than Detroit and Charlotte bigs. Pacers do lack depth though and will struggle if another guard doesn't step up with Stephenson gone.

Philly seems not to be getting (city of brotherly) love from many people! That's probably fair with their playing group and they do look set to finish at bottom end of table. Don't feel there will be a big chasm between them and other lower ladder teams. We'll see though, season starts tomorrow!

Reply #500251 | Report this post

Mick  
Years ago

@Boydz: Philly are actively trying to lose games. It doesn't matter about whether they are getting love from anyone or the chasm between them and the rest of the league. Even if they had Lebron James, there is a mandate from the front office to lose.

Reply #500254 | Report this post

PlaymakerMo  
Years ago

Well to be fair, there's a mandate from Phili's ownership to lose; the front office therefore assembles a young, shit team; Brett Brown and the players do their best to win.

I really can't see them winning 20 games.

Reply #500289 | Report this post

Bear  
Years ago

Are you guys suggesting Philly are going to tank, lose games to gain an advantage? Shame on you... :]

Reply #500292 | Report this post

Beantown  
Years ago

"I really can't see them winning 20 games."

You're really going out on a limb there Mo!
I doubt they'll win 10!!!

Mick, why do you think Brooklyn will drop out of the playoffs this year? I think D-Will is going to have a much better season and I think they have enough D and shooting around him for a first round exit. Next year on the other hand...

Reply #500310 | Report this post

Wonders  
Years ago

I reckon Brooklyn will be well in the hunt for home court advantage in the first round

Reply #500326 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 10:09 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754