I don't think james likes delly

Topic #35795 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

LeBron James is just a hater.. Probably jealous of Delly

Reply #500844 | Report this post

Dunkin' Dan  
Years ago

LeBron would not be used to being alongside another player with a beast mode. He'll need some time to adjust to Delly being on his team.

Reply #500846 | Report this post

MACDUB  
Years ago

Quite the opposite IMO.

Before the season James mentioned Delly often as if he was a big part of that core group of 7 or so players.

I think Lebron would appeciate him for his game IQ and understanding of the game together with his work ethic.

If LBJ is annoyed with anyone its probably Waiters. Lazy and doesn't have the passion and heart of someone like Delly.

Reply #500847 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Jeff Van Gundy and Mark Jackson criticising Delly's defence. What a couple of haters!

Reply #500851 | Report this post

PlaymakerMo  
Years ago

Hopefully Delly doesn't become the next Mario Chalmers I.e. LeBron's whipping boy.

Reply #500852 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The coach clearly loves him

Reply #500854 | Report this post

Phil  
Years ago

spoiler!

delly played big minutes in the closing stages of an overtime game, and made some big defensive plays that resulted in chitown turning over possession.

was a factor in the win

Reply #500857 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Also made some defensive errors, as the commentators pointed out.

Reply #500859 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

He played 30 minutes. Loving the Aussie invasion! Patty and Delly are role models for future Aussie NBA players

Reply #500860 | Report this post

Darryl  
Years ago

Two late defensive errors in the 4th but played through it and all the overtime period.
An early favorite for the +/- MVP award :)

Reply #500861 | Report this post

brett  
Years ago

Averaging around 23 mins a game so far, that tells me he's not on Lebrons bad side straight away. Plus there were defensive/offensive mistakes by every player down the stretch today.

Reply #500863 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yeah he did make those defensive errors late but I think the commentators were going a little hard on that while they had quickly moved on from the 2 straight up mishandling errors from lebron & Kylie that turned over the ball for those situations

Reply #500864 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Haha *Kyrie not Kylie.... Obvs

Reply #500865 | Report this post

Baller#3  
Years ago

its funny in the NBA how you can score 15 points and be labelled a good player, but if you do everything else well and arent a scorer then you should be off.

for instance the commentary suggesting Waiters should be on.

Reply #500866 | Report this post

MACDUB  
Years ago

The funny thing is Irving made defensive errors like that ALL season.

And with Waiters its a lack of effort which is most concerning.

Reply #500868 | Report this post

MACDUB  
Years ago

Its hard defending a guy with superstar status like Rose because if:

- you play him well and force him into a missed shot = people think 'Rose just simply missed that shot' and the defence doesn't get recognised: and

- he makes a shot or two = people jump on your back about your lack of defense.

Reply #500869 | Report this post

Lance_Uppercut  
Years ago

Theres a reason JVG and Mark Jackson don't coach anymore, there understanding of the game is very limited and their egos don't compete with the egos of players.

Jacksons is such a douchebag, picking on Delly but never mentions consistently poor decisions by Kyrie or understand that a team with players that can move the ball and don't need to take a poor shots provides more team balance than having a team of guys who won't do the little things but won't to take big shots.

Reply #500870 | Report this post

Phil  
Years ago

to be honest i was very surprised they didnt move waiters on in the off-season.

waiters is an offensive threat , and can be hot or cold , but with james , kyrie and love they have enough offense in their first team.

would look at a bench scorer for their 2nd team and a strong defender/ team player for sg starter

Reply #500871 | Report this post

Phil  
Years ago

one that comes to mind would be a shumpert/ hardaway jr for waiters deal. i would have pushed hard for that if i was cavs even if it meant giving draft picks as well

Reply #500872 | Report this post

Lance_Uppercut  
Years ago

obviously not a perfect stat but Delly was +15, highest of all Cavs, next best was Love with +7

Reply #500873 | Report this post

Phil  
Years ago

delly consistently has a very high +/- even without scoring , which tells me when he is on the court cavs give up fewer baskets , and make a higher % of baskets

Reply #500874 | Report this post

Wonders  
Years ago

The fact that Blatt is a Euro coach means he probably appreciates fundamental play more than an American coach would. Good for Delly

Reply #500879 | Report this post

Maxx  
Years ago

Loved the nonchalant look Lebron gave on the bench at the end of the 4th quarter. He was obviously not impressed that the money ball went to Love.

Reply #500882 | Report this post

Hendo8888  
Years ago

Delly is one of those guys (like Derek Fisher from the Lakers' championship years) who can go a whole game and pretty much not get a single stat, yet fully justify him being out there.
Been the top +/- both games (and consistently did it last season too). Played 30 mins today, including during overtime and didn't score a single point.
In a team full of outstanding offensive talents, he's the sort of player that fits well. Blends into the background, doesn't need 'his', yet plays his role every day.
Good to see Blatt recognises this.

Reply #500887 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Delly played solid - coach blatt got hassled in the end game interview - backed delly as someone who makes things happen in the offence - dion got yanked as he wasn't passing the ball and taking bad shots - won't happen every game but delly will still need to hit some shots to stay in the rotation

Reply #500941 | Report this post

Mick  
Years ago

He's still gotta score though to take pressure off the other guys and keep the defense honest and spread. If he keeps getting huge minutes on this very well known team eventually the scout will catch up with him and people will double off him without getting burnt.

Reply #500961 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 1:03 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754