Anonymous
Years ago

What is Ingles' role at the Jazz?

what is joe ingles job for the jazz

his not scoring

Topic #35823 | Report this topic

PlaymakerMo  
Years ago

I suspect this is a really poor attempt at trolling.

Reply #501410 | Report this post

Whitey  
Years ago

Come on mate. This is a forum for Aussie bball fans. Please don't come here throwing shit at Aussie players in the NBA. This is Ingles what 3rd game.

Reply #501412 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

It's possible that part of his role is to assist the Jazz's investment in Exum. I can imagine being on court with a veteran he's familiar with would make Dante more comfortable with his own play and what he tries to do.

Reply #501413 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

It's actually a pretty reasonable question. Ingles game is based on scroring, and he's not doing that in the NBA (through no fault of his own, he's not getting the minutes, and probably doesn't posses the physical gifts to score in the NBA) so the OP was just asking what his role is with the Jazz. I'm as big of a Jingles fan as the next guy, and really hope he stays in the NBA. But if a scorer isn't scoring, you've got to think his primary role is to assist Dante's NBA transition

Reply #501414 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

does a person dantes age actually need someone to help settle in? steven adams did just fine in okc and he was about the same age

Reply #501416 | Report this post

Darryl  
Years ago

His or her lack of spelling and grammar had me wondering if the OP was trolling.
Who cares what his role is anyway. Good on him for making the NBA.

Reply #501417 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Wowee Exum is quick! Did you expect Ingles to debut into the NBA and drop a heap of points in limited off the bench minutes in his third game? Give him a break.

Reply #501418 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Looking at his passing stats - his role seems to get Gordon Hayward or Dante the ball (http://stats.nba.com/player/#!/204060/tracking/passes/).

Seriously though - Synder is trying to runt he same system as San Antonio and wants a team of people who can move the ball hence Joe combing in with no pre-seaon with the Jazz and getting minutes in the 10 man rotation. That's a testament to his game.

That said - if he doesn't lift his 16% shooting percentage and 0% 3 point percentage, he won't last long and will frustrate. However, his assist to turnover ratio and his number of assists per minutes played is quite good.

I agree with the helping Dante settle part, but I think it would be more relevant in 1-2 years time when the Jazz are trying to re-sign him. The Jazz are a small market team and can't get star players (look at Hayward trying to leave this year). If they think Dante is the franchise, then it makes sense to put players beside him who he wants to play with.

Reply #501421 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

nba rookies don't get to dictate who they play with mate

Reply #501422 | Report this post

sircreate  
Years ago

Jazz are a very very young team.. Ingles brings alot of experience and he's a team orientated player, he's not really looking to shoot first like a few on the team. He makes the right play, gets those who are green lit the chance to hit the right shots.

He needs to start hitting his shots tho, he's had a few wide open 3's and hasnt hit one yet

Reply #501423 | Report this post

JTR  
Years ago

Haven't people realised by now, if the Aussie player is white you can't criticise them.

Reply #501424 | Report this post

NBAfan  
Years ago

I agree, if might be looking to pass first, but unless he starts making shots, even with limited minutes, i'd say they will cut him and try someone else in the next 2-3 games max.

Unless he is showing the coach something strong in practise and he is willing to stick with him to get him going, his days are unfortunately numbered.

Reply #501425 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

JTR you are an absolute moron

Reply #501426 | Report this post

420YET?  
Years ago

Ingles roll on the Jazz is to shit on every wanker thats ever posted on Hoops.au

Reply #501427 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Ingles game is based on scroring
I would've thought he was also about facilitating and defending.
nba rookies don't get to dictate who they play with mate
No one said it was Exum's call, but the Jazz might see advantages in having someone beside Exum that can bring him along. They want the most from their investment.
does a person dantes age actually need someone to help settle in? steven adams did just fine in okc and he was about the same age
Everyone is different and some players have confidence issues when playing up a level. Some naturally have a killer instinct (or no shame) while others might overthink things and need to feel comfortable before they show their wares.

Reply #501428 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Ingles getting minutes over Novak. On the topic
Joe Is a decent defender, a good passer/playmaker, and he can really knock down the three. Novak is bad everything and great at 3s.

Reply #501433 | Report this post

Anonas  
Years ago

LAC fans call him Kangaroo Joe

Reply #501445 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Since the defensive changes a few years ago, players who understand the game and can make reads are more and more in demand in the NBA, and Joe is a good role player to facilitate for others, that's his natural game.

Reply #501459 | Report this post

joshuapending  
Years ago

FYI on the coverage today of his game the clippers commentators mentioned several times that Doc said they did not want to let him go. Seems they just love his bbiq and that he just make the smart correct decision.

I think his role is to just make the correct plays and keep the offence moving when it comes towards him. Also i'm sure they see him as a good role model for Dante, someone to help him adjust to being a professional and maybe a friend he can talk to more candidly then new teammates he has no relationship with.

Reply #501462 | Report this post

scopes44  
Years ago

Unlike his days in a Dragons uniform, joe has been more of a facilitator and defensive type of player. He can score the ball but it recent interviews he sees himself as a role player who facilitates and does the little things.
He has gotten abt 2 assists a game in limited minutes and clearly that is what Quinn Snider wants fr

Reply #501467 | Report this post

MACDUB  
Years ago

He has the potential to be a Boris Diaw type of player.

Players like Diaw are in very very high demand.

Reply #501505 | Report this post

SVD  
Years ago

Joe is taking what he is given ... he will pass when he has to pass, score when he has to score. He is a good defender and an awesome passer. Are people watching the games or just looking at the boxscores?

When he and Hayward are on the floor together it is amazing. I think Joe looks comfortable out there - the dude is a pro. Every time the camera cuts to him he is talking to the younger guys (even Burke and Favors).

I think he will prove to be one of the veteran voices even though he is a rookie.

Reply #501509 | Report this post

MACDUB  
Years ago

Wow. Breaking news! This doesn't look good for Joe and Dante:

http://www.smh.com.au/sport/basketball/dante-exum-and-joe-ingles-in-hot-water-with-utah-jazz-over-frozen-backpacks-20141104-11gz22.html

Suspension indefinitely?

Termination of contract?

Not good at all!

Reply #501511 | Report this post

Bear  
Years ago

Wow!!

Reply #501512 | Report this post

MACDUB  
Years ago

This is very out of character for Joe, whom I took to be a committed and dedicated teammate and someone who always obeyed by team rules.

Very disappointing.

Reply #501525 | Report this post

GWB  
Years ago

While it is a fair question, who ever made this thread is a wanker! "He is a scorer and he isn't scoring". Oh how dire! How apocalyptic! A guy in his 3rd NBA game averaging around 10 minutes a game isn't scoring! How completely unheard of!

We can be assured, the Jazz didn't bring Ingles in for his scoring prowess. He didn't score really in his latest Euro gig, and he wasn't really a point a minute for the Boomers either.

Joe is playing Joe Ingles Basketball, and evidently that is what they want him for. The solid defence, the smart pass, being in the right spot, the length, experience, versatility, and yeah sure - the occasional three or drive. The guy can score if its needed, but he's a 'do it all' guy, who wont take offence on himself if the team doesn't need him to.

Joe's shooting percentages may need to raise, but he is doing himself no disservice with the way he is playing right now. He is getting his shot, he is getting his 10 minutes a game, he isn't exactly a garbage minute bum here, he is in the rotation, and he is showing that he is of use.

K

Reply #501572 | Report this post

annon  
Years ago

MACDUB can you read it.. It was poking fun at them. They are not in trouble.. Just some fun.

Reply #501591 | Report this post

MACDUB  
Years ago

You've taken the bait annon.

Hook line and sinker.

Well done.

Reply #501594 | Report this post

The Situation  
Years ago

MACDUB 1 Annon 0.
Well played MACDUB

Reply #501595 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

He is a friend to Exum.

Plus Jazz are in Salt Lake City, not a very black city. They always tend to have more than the average amount of white players.

Reply #501645 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Ingles roll? Inbound plays to set up game winners.

Reply #501655 | Report this post

Ball Player  
Years ago

http://www.deseretnews.com/article/865614756/Jazz-winners-as-Clippers-gamble-and-lose-on-cutting-Joe-Ingles.html

Reply #501670 | Report this post

The Situation  
Years ago

His role is to look after Dante. Cecil has other commitments.

Reply #502042 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 2:36 pm, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754