sixtiesrockstar
Years ago

Nbl website match review

Gotta give props to the NBL when it's due.
Sixers game finished before the Perth game, yet they have the Perth game review on website and nothing on Croc/Sixers game.
Great promotion of Perth yet again and everybody else can go to the cleaners.

Topic #36044 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

I thought I saw somewhere that clubs are asked to provide match reviews. So it's probably a function of how much cash Perth has. *vague recollection. Coukd be wrong*

Reply #505427 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

It should be directed by the NBL media manager for teams to submit the game report straight after each game.

BTW.. who is the NBL media mgr?

Reply #505432 | Report this post

bowtie  
Years ago

Didn't realise that the Clubs supply their own match review. Another biased version of a game.
Clubs used to pay a local or visiting journalist, years back, and it was always on time and well written.

The League is going to look pretty silly with 3-4 teams in it. When are those in power going to realise that pampering to some clubs isn't helping anyone? Not even the money ones need that done.

Hearing too often that this league will go semi pro soon. Whilst it my help it survive, will it ever fully recover?

Reply #505438 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Some may suggest it is already semi-pro, just too expensive to run!

Reply #505441 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

So it's Perths fault that other clubs can't get their reviews ready? Wow, the conspiracy theory nutjobs are scraping the bottom of the barrel.

Reply #505452 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

It's not Perth's fault exactly but it makes the other clubs look bad. Perth have the people and resources to get all that stuff done straight away. Others just don't ok.

Reply #505453 | Report this post

Fan-ciful  
Years ago

Oh come off it.
It's about 10 minutes work and should be the job of the media person at the club to write it at the end of each game. Not a big deal. The NBL needs to force the clubs to do this quickly as the NBL website must be updated and at least appear professional.

Reply #505454 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

The NBL contracted out game reports for many years but this season the clubs are doing it.

Really, the big thing is getting up a very brief report as soon as the game is over, then later on get the full report up when there is time. Not having anything at all looks really bad.

Reply #505470 | Report this post

Fan-ciful  
Years ago

+1

Reply #505471 | Report this post

Bol Bol  
Years ago

Anon#453

So your solution anon is for perth to become a great disorganisation so to make the sixers and other clubs administration look better? HILARIOUS!

Reply #505473 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

No wonder this league is going nowhere. As soon as a team succeeds, we've got people looking at ways to bring them down.

Reply #505481 | Report this post

sixtiesrockstar  
Years ago

If the clubs need to supply the match report to put on the NBL website, then it ireally is a semi-pro league.

Reply #505485 | Report this post

HoldenV8  
Years ago

Once again it looks like something that Perth are getting right compared to the rest of the NBL.

I'm no fan of the Wildcats, never have been (though I'll admit to being a fan of former players such as Cal Bruton, James Crawford and Ricky Grace).....but I can't deny that for a long time they have been the benchmark in this league both on and off the court. No one has done it better for longer than Perth.

Why can't the NBL pay a local journalist to compile a report and e-mail it in within say 30 minutes of the end of a game so the report can be posted straight onto the NBL website? Its not rocket science, its just a match report.

Reply #505523 | Report this post

Bol Bol  
Years ago

Lol it seems even the lackey down at perth admin is doing a great job

Reply #505535 | Report this post

Bol Bol  
Years ago

What ever happened to matt mcquade? I used to enjoy reading his previews

Reply #505536 | Report this post

Hoopie  
Years ago

I'm with HoldenV8. The rest of the league should be embarassed, including the NBL

Reply #505565 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

League has put responsibility on clubs for pre and post-game reports. Clubs can still pay the same providers to write the reports or handle it in-house. Probably annoying for under-resourced clubs but it's a solvable problem even then.

Reply #505581 | Report this post

mike  
Years ago

Enjoy the wooden spoon again Sixer's. Hopefully the gong win another game or two to top you. Clutching at straws.... Again

Reply #505644 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

"League has put responsibility on clubs for pre and post-game reports. Clubs can still pay the same providers to write the reports or handle it in-house. Probably annoying for under-resourced clubs but it's a solvable problem even then."

I'm not sure how wise it is relying on clubs who don't produce content to produce content! The NBL probably should have sought out a cheaper deal rather than cutting the cost altogether.

I have no doubt the way it's been done this season has a negative impact on the way fans view the league.

Reply #505674 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

all this makes for lovely FIGJAM !!!

Reply #505703 | Report this post

kaiju  
Years ago

Sixers fans who believe it is a Perth conspiracy AGAIN... duh .... should be embarrassed.

Reply #505729 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

kaiju..

The expression is referring to any club writing their own review. See this is why Perth fans do not get along. We have to explain everything to you.

Reply #505731 | Report this post

Wildcat Fan  
Years ago

When BA had control of the NBL, did clubs have to pay the NBL a yearly participation fee of some kind? I remember hearing something about that during the de-merger that part of the reason for the split was so clubs didn't have to pay the NBL this yearly fee. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Now, if that was the case, and now that the NBL is free from BA, Im guessing that there is no yearly fee for clubs to pay each year? Well, I would certainly hope so!! Because the "NBL" that it is now, has done absolutely NOTHING from a league point of view, and has left everything up to the clubs to run themselves.

Sponsors, promotion, media, images, and now content are left to the clubs to organise themselves as the NBL doesn't provide any of these. Sounds great. Who the hell would want to join as an expansion club if this is the case.

What does the NBL actually do anyway?

Reply #505741 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Bol Bol

Matt McQuade does media for the Kings. Not sure at what capacity or if he is on their payroll or not. He would be a great media manager for the nbl but I'm sure they wouldn't pay him what a vital role deserves.

Reply #505745 | Report this post

kaiju  
Years ago

I am actually a Melbourne fan, I find it funny the cat bashing that goes on

Reply #505748 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Just another example of the post-game reviews, just noticed that the Townsville vs Melbourne game hasn't been reported on/placed on the website

Reply #505781 | Report this post

kaiju  
Years ago

its there.... went up at 12pm

Reply #505871 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I know that it only takes a few seconds to send a tweet but maybe if Dean Parker's focus was more on sorting his own mess out rather than tweeting about poor reffing, we wouldn't have situations where clubs can't get a match review up.

I'm really sick of the excuses about "under resourced" clubs. "Mismanaged" seems like a more apt term.

Reply #505954 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

I'm not sure how wise it is relying on clubs who don't produce content to produce content! The NBL probably should have sought out a cheaper deal rather than cutting the cost altogether.

I have no doubt the way it's been done this season has a negative impact on the way fans view the league.
I agree on the impact and a deal being negotiated. And a consistent voice for these reports would be helpful too.

But the fact remains that a club (like Adelaide) can pay the same people from last season to write the reports rather than put it onto a non-writer on staff. Or they can find a volunteer or intern to assist. Or pay the pros to report the follow-up report (where timing is critical) and use staff or volunteer/intern for the match preview which is less crucial. That's not tough to think about.

And if it was funded by some sort of participation fee previously and the clubs are essentially the league these days, then really all that's been removed is the framework. Now, I'd err on the side of enforcing the framework (consistency of voice, volume deal on pricing, etc) but the next step down isn't necessarily flailing of arms but something like what I detailed. It's all completely within the clubs' control.

Reply #506010 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Indeed it is, and you can see the result!

Reply #506012 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 4:36 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754