!
Years ago

$10 night more often ?

full house with discount tickets - good time of year - holiday break, no other big sports on the same night and sixers on the up.

be good have it again another time.

Important to get the home wins in front of full houses - walking out and along the road everyone was talking it up.

Topic #36151 | Report this topic

KingJames  
Years ago

Valid points but its not fair for season ticket if they continue to do several $10 games.

It was a great idea tonight. Hopefully we will get a lot more new followers after tonight.

Reply #507738 | Report this post

!  
Years ago

yes true the marketers hit it on the head tonight and it all worked.

hopefully the $10 nights are factored into season tickets as well - so they could quite well need to be programmed in the off season.

Reply #507743 | Report this post

annon  
Years ago

school hoois, cheap tickets, saturday night, 1000 district players available and none of them training in the morning, no cricket, no soccer, no private functions so the moons all aligned. thanks to channel 7, 10 and abc for the news plugs.. and the team back in winning form..

Reply #507747 | Report this post

!  
Years ago

yes a lot more families there tonight

Reply #507748 | Report this post

Spinner  
Years ago

As a season ticket holder......I don't mind that I pay more than the discounted tickets. Makes for a better entertainment night when the stadium is full. And as already mentioned, might get new fans interested and buying season tickets in the future.

My only comment is that there needs to be more benefit to being a season ticket holder. A whopping $5 off when buying a polo top at the merchandise stand.....really?!

Reply #507750 | Report this post

Josh  
Years ago

how much usually are tickets for adelaide games?

Reply #507752 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Spinner and no discount for a feed in the Bistro now either !!!!

Reply #507758 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Could do 2-for-1 instead or only discount silvers. Club have been putting out great offers in recent weeks.

Reply #507761 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

A lot of ducks lined up in a row and it was very successful.

It would be nice to see the stadium full every game

Reply #507765 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

If we have say, 2,500 members paying roughly $20 per match, that's $50k

5,000 x $10 = $50k, total $100k receipts from 7,500

Sell tickets for $30, and you get an additional 2,000, that's $60k, total $110k receipts from 4,500.

I have a feeling it's far more profitable for the 36ers to sell at $30 than $10.

The idea is great, good to see a full house, hopefully many will return to another game, but they wouldn't be able to sustain prices of $10 even with crowds of 7,500 each week.

Reply #507771 | Report this post

Very Old  
Years ago

lower price = more people in

IF there are 2500 members ( doubtful ?)
and IF we usually average TOTAL 4000 attendance ( doubtful ? )

THEN

per GAME

Constant income = 2500 x $20 = $50K

Variable ( assume all adult tickets)

is 5000 x $10 = $50K

or 1500 x $30 = $45K

clear win for the lower price

If next time you discount gold and silver to $15 and $10 for children ( amd leave all the rest at $10) then you start to engender a " I like these seats better" mentality on those who were in the nosebleed seats located in another postcode.

Reply #507772 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Your also only looking at ticket sales, think of all the extra food and drink also consumed. All the extra people who may have saved $10 a will spend that else where in the stadium.

The merchandise stand was the busiest iv seen it in a long while also

Reply #507774 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Your also only looking at ticket sales, think of all the extra food and drink also consumed. All the extra people who may have saved $10 a will spend that else where in the stadium.

The merchandise stand was the busiest iv seen it in a long while also

Reply #507775 | Report this post

:  
Years ago

The public engagement of a full house is beyond $ and a vote of confidence. Timing of the offers needs to be a key marketing move - good result for 6 v 7 game.

Reply #507776 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Greater demand actually makes our season tickets have more value as people will have to get season tickets to secure a seat as currently at the $30 price point you can still get a good seat as stadium only going to be half full.
7.5 k also liking/tagging themselves at the game on Facebook or Twitter markets the game way better that the Sixers can afford to do themselves.
It would be great if they fill it every week for the rest of the season even at the $10 mark and see the demand for season tickets next year rise. Media may become interested if a bigger crowd is attending each week.

Reply #507780 | Report this post

!  
Years ago

trending upward

Reply #507782 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Sixers win on nine news and local Tom Daly got a mention and plenty of vision as well. ABC, Seven and Nine promoted the game as well. I agree, happy to be a member and keep my great seats around propel I have got to know over the years.

Reply #507821 | Report this post

KingJames  
Years ago

"Your also only looking at ticket sales, think of all the extra food and drink also consumed." My understanding is the Sixers owners don't make money from the food and drink? Merchandise they make money from.

Reply #507855 | Report this post

Wilson Sting  
Years ago

"school hoois, cheap tickets, saturday night, 1000 district players available and none of them training in the morning, no cricket, no soccer, no private functions so the moons all aligned. thanks to channel 7, 10 and abc for the news plugs.."

If you've got all these factors going for you, then why the need for cheap tickets?

It's great to see a full stadium but unless you can do it under 'normal' circumstances it's not really reflective of where your club is at.

The best advertisement was the fact that you got the win. That's the only thing that will bring in regular big crowds.

Reply #507870 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

So no need to get excited about Melbournes crowd then, hovering over 3rd 4th. Sorry Melbourne, you loose because of the negativity towards Adelaide...

Reply #507895 | Report this post

Number 44  
Years ago

I took my family of 5 for the first time this season for $50 in the Gold seats. I wouldn't take them back at full price.

Reply #508249 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

Why not? How could the Sixers make it better?

Reply #508252 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 7:43 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754