Train
Years ago

R16: Taipans vs Wildcats

Big game for both teams tonight. A win for Cairns and they stay in touch with NZ and the race for the minor premiership. A win for Perth and they remain in the hunt for a top 2 finish.

Last time they met it was close till early in the 4th quarter before they blew it out in the dying minutes 91 - 76. Craig was a thorn in the cats side for most of the game. Biggest enemy for the cats this game is going to be fatigue and they will need a big input from the bench.

With Knight out, Jervis will need to step up against the likes of Burston and Tragardh

Topic #36310 | Report this topic

Train  
Years ago

From The NBL website .. "The Taipans and Wildcats met just two weeks ago also in Cairns and in a remarkable contest that went into overtime, it was the Snakes who ran away with the contest winning 91-76 thanks to some stunning three-point shooting in extra time. "

My memory may be failing me but I didn't think that game went into overtime at all ? I've checked live stats and there's no OT period listed for that game. Can anyone confirm if this another "NBL website moment" or did the game actually go into OT

Reply #511334 | Report this post

King Podge  
Years ago

ummmmmm i'm was there and I don't remember an overtime either.....

Reply #511339 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

If Taipans win they will overtake NZ at the top of the ladder on percentage and season split.

Reply #511341 | Report this post

Dazz  
Years ago

Much as I want to be confident, in their 3rd game in 4 days, without Knight, Hire, and Ross, the Cats don't have a chance.

Reply #511343 | Report this post

Train  
Years ago

Agreed Dazz, this game is Cairns have to lose. If cats do win it will be a huge statement.

Reply #511346 | Report this post

Train  
Years ago

* Cairns game to lose I meant

Reply #511348 | Report this post

cats 4 life  
Years ago

If Perth play the half court game and stay out of foul trouble then they have a chance. With 3 player's out, boy, if they can get cairns over there, 3rd game in four days and 8000 k travel and 4 starters that can score, would be up there as one of the best wins for the club.

On the other hand, if cairns can't beat half a Perth team playing like a team that's on it's last claws, then there is something wrong.

Perth win then they are two games behind nz and cairns? Don't think perth can play any worse, pride will be driving Perth and the red army!

Perth to rip out the w, keep the faith and never give up!

Reply #511349 | Report this post

Train  
Years ago

Perth were 1 point up in the final 1/4 last time they played ... And that was without Knight, Hire and Ross (Ross only played 20sec) so they can certainly match them . But like I was saying , fatigue is going to be the issue. They need a great start and to get ahead in the first half to have any chance.

Reply #511352 | Report this post

Dazz  
Years ago

The great thing about the NBL, is that ANYTHING is possible. (Just look at the game between the Kings and Breakers.)
And yes, if Perth get their D on early, and run their 6 players ragged, I think it could be a very close game (for around 3 quarters.)
However Cairns have had a 7 day break, so even at their best this would be a tough ask for the Cats. In their depleted state there are really only two possible outcomes; either they run their 6-player rotation ragged and fall to pieces in the run home, OR they get the bench out early and suffer the consequences.

Reply #511357 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Cairns should win comfortably

Reply #511360 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Cairns should lose this one, Wildcats hungry for another win

Reply #511365 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Ahh common sense says Cairns by 15. Will be over early.

Reply #511370 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

A big game for both sides. Cairns want 1st place and Perth need to keep winning to assure their spot.

Tough one, but I think Cairns get this by 2.

Preview: Cairns and Perth fight for ladder positions

Reply #511372 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Didn't the Taipans beat the Wildcats comfortably last time in Cairns?

Reply #511374 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Depends on Fearnes game plan and if he plays the perimeter or draws the fouls on the drive for the and 1. Refs will play a big part. Can't see very well on NBL TV who they are..

Reply #511382 | Report this post

dave  
Years ago

good start in the first 10. wagstaff playing well. hope the cats win this one. keeps cairns honest both home n away

Reply #511383 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Hope Cats fail.

Reply #511384 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Here comes the home team! Taipans are quickly becoming my 2nd team outside of Adl.

Reply #511386 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Just out of curiosity who is your 1st team outside of Adl?

Reply #511387 | Report this post

Dunkin' Dan  
Years ago

Solid half by the Cats, but it was always going to be the last 15 minutes or so that was the real concern.
Wagstaff with 3 PFs is a concern too as he was vital that half.

Taipans still firm favourites from here. Had we not so quickly squandered that double digit lead that we had, I'd be feeling a little better about our chances.

Reply #511389 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Wollongong, god love em....

Reply #511390 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Wagstaff foul situation is big in the context of what firepower the Cats have available. Surprised they've been as good as they have actually.

Reply #511391 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

NBL TV - stop interviewing people and call the game !!! Thats what we are paying you for...

Reply #511394 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Its cat! Have some respect for nbl greatness.

Reply #511395 | Report this post

Sixers147  
Years ago

Waiting for the perth fans too start whinging about 3 games in 4 days and injuries. It's all part of the game, get over it.

Reply #511396 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Is anyone else surprised at just how bad an import Daniels is... or has it already been raised. Has no game breaker in him AT ALL!

Reply #511397 | Report this post

NJS  
Years ago

But they haven't whinged

Reply #511398 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Galant effort by the cats but now its a 14 point deficit in the last quarter after leading most of the night. Craig torched them last time as well so obviously haven't done their homework on him.
Great player coming off the bench for the taipans!

Reply #511400 | Report this post

Bol Bol  
Years ago

Yeah Daniels has shown glimpses of his potential he does some good things but lets himself down with poor decisions or just cant finish his good work getting to the rim. Inconsistent outside shooting also i think its been a sub par season for him

Reply #511402 | Report this post

KingJames  
Years ago

"Great player coming off the bench for the taipans!" Only when they play Adelaide or Perth

Reply #511403 | Report this post

Bol Bol  
Years ago

Sixers147 as a neutral supporter ill have a whinge on their behalf. You dont think missing 3 players and playing 3 games in 4 days is a factor? Pfff!

Reply #511405 | Report this post

Sixers147  
Years ago

Ugly last quarter for perth. Don't deserve a playoff spot playing like that. Good result for adelaide, with tomorrow's win in Sydney and Perths loss in NZ will mean Sixers one game behind perth. There long finals streak is coming to an end it seems.

Reply #511406 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

If Daniels was NBA affiliated, Perth would've already cut him. Every team has injuries every team has stretches where the schedule screws them over... Glad to see Perth lose, always am, hope there feeling sore after so many games in so few days and continue to lose. 36ers are the form team of the comp, and Id love to see them squeeze in.

Reply #511407 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Daniels 4th quarter has summed it up. Solid team effort to combine for 6 points. The bird of prey are circling the carcass!

Reply #511408 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

BRILLIANT !!!

Reply #511409 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Perth would still be pretty content to split the Queensland double. Not stoked, but content. If they lost last night the season would be looking bleak, but you would think that with that win they are nearly home for a top 4 spot. Yes I am trying my hardest to jinx them, haha. But yeah, would need a major collapse.

Reply #511410 | Report this post

Sixers147  
Years ago

All teams have injuries all teams have tough runs. Sydney had the sunshine swing last week, didn't see play a horrible last quarter. Perth have lost their hard edge.

Reply #511412 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

And Sixers147, while I love the confidence, there are a lot of ifs in your scenario. if Adelaide were to knock out Perth they would probably need to win every single game. Still a lot of work to do yet.

Reply #511413 | Report this post

Bol Bol  
Years ago

It was a good effort for three quarters but credit goes to cairns i hope to see them win their first championship this year.
Dont understand why gleeson would bring on damian martin in the last quarter when they were fifteen points down. All they need is to risk another injury and more fatigue with a game in nz to go

Reply #511414 | Report this post

Hendo8888  
Years ago

Craig has had 8 games over 10 points this season.
4 against Adelaide at an average of 20.5 (28, 19, 19, 16), 3 against Perth at an average of 16.7 (21, 19, 12) and 1 against New Zealand (13).
Against the 5 clubs that aren't Adelaide or Perth, he averages 5.9.
Not sure what to take from that. Do Perth and Adelaide do something drastically different on defense than the other 5 clubs? Or does he just happen to get hot every time against those 2 and not against everyone else?

Reply #511415 | Report this post

Dazz  
Years ago

"Waiting for the perth fans too start whinging about 3 games in 4 days and injuries. It's all part of the game, get over it."

Waiting for yet another 6's fan to get a life. I realise that since your season is over you have nothing better to do than hate on Perth, but why don't you try watching the Big Bash. Strykers have got to be favourites.

Reply #511416 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Haven't whinged as still getting up from the floor !!!

Reply #511417 | Report this post

joshuapending  
Years ago

Yeah he always looks a million dollars when he plays us and i can never understand why he does not get more burn in those games.

Reply #511418 | Report this post

Dunkin' Dan  
Years ago

Had to leave NBL.TV at 3 quarter time to go do something. I did so fairly confident that the Cats weren't gonna get this one, but OMG :O
Don't think I'll be bothering to catch up on the 4th!

Reply #511420 | Report this post

Just saw the boxscore , have been out. There is no way any Wildcat fan make excuses for a team that shoots 1 field goal in a period of basketball. Absolutely disgusting and embarrassing.

Reply #511421 | Report this post

Dazz  
Years ago

This game went EXACTLY as anticipated. Perth in a close game for 3 quarters, then fell to bits in the last. Not much to be done about that.
I'd be concerned about the split, except I doubt Perth will get anywhere near tying with Cairns, and I figure Cairns will have the H2H advantage anyway.

Really the only issue arising out of this is WHAT can the cats do in the coming week to prepare for the games against NZ and Sydney? How much longer will Hire & Knight be out?

Despite what Sydney showed CAN be done in NZ, it will always be a tough ask for Perth, but the home game against Sydney is extremely important. Perth really NEED to win that one, regardless of who's injured.

Reply #511422 | Report this post

PeterJohn  
Years ago

Wow! Surprising result. The rebounding stats are amazing. Both teams were 1 rebound short of 50% offensive rebounding! Cairns got 14/30 rebounds off their own shots and Perth got 23/48. That's crazy.

Reply #511426 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Dazz, you spelt Strikers wrong. I have a life, my team has a heart beat, and we are in much better form than yours champ. Split the road trip yes, in anything that you could consider decent form... NO!

Reply #511428 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

NZ are probably going to be more focused next week, having dropped the game to Sydney, too. That was their lapse, there won't be another.

Reply #511429 | Report this post

Dunkin' Dan  
Years ago

NZ are gonna destroy us. What we need to do is make sure we leave something in the tank for when we arrive home afterwards and face Sydney. That's an absolute must-win.

Reply #511430 | Report this post

Dazz  
Years ago

Whilst the game went as predicted, I am surprised why Gleeson kept flogging his starting 5?
Wagstaff might as well have played on, nothing to lose if he fouls out. They chose to cover for Knight with DP's, so why not actually give them some court time? L Martin and U'U are starting to resemble masculine bovine mammary glands, but why not give em a decent run?? Tell U'U to just start bombing and keep going till he hits.

Not sure why people want to start hating on DD. He's not the best fit for the Cats, that much has been obvious from the start, but he's a decent accumulator of points and rebounds, has improved throughout the season, and looks good when playing his natural game. It will be interesting to see what becomes of him, because IMHO he hasn't got the strength to play as a forward in the NBA.

Reply #511431 | Report this post

Thunder Jam  
Years ago

Perth = Zero Ticker...... simple as that.....

Reply #511434 | Report this post

Wilson Sting  
Years ago

Rebounding was the only slight on cairns game tonight. Only Craig putting the effort in. A little concerning against the likes of NZ.

Reply #511435 | Report this post

Dazz  
Years ago

"my team has a heart beat, and we are in much better form than yours champ"

No, your team is stuck in 5th place and doomed to remain there. Our team is ensconced in the top 4 and WILL play finals. Good on Adelaide for signing DJ to a multi-year deal, you have next season to look forward to.

Reply #511437 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

I am amazed that Gleeson just goes and sits down and hides on the bench and does not stand by his men, yelling or not.. Gobsmacking stuff... Would be appalled if our coach abandoned his team when they are down 3 men ..

Reply #511439 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

So you think Perth are in better form than Adelaide...

And you think the 6ers, with the right run home can't make the playoffs. Careful, be honest with yourself, Perth will be losing more before the finals come around. Id be nervous champ, as a Perth fan that is. And your right, as a 36er fan, next season will be a joy, on the way up.

Reply #511440 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Well there you go that was the difference between a championship contender and a has been team.

Reply #511446 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I ended up watching both the Crocs Wildcats and this game.

Looking at the bench why do Perth have a huge entourage/posse which seem to number more than the entire playing roster? are these all the assistants mentioned on here in other topics? at least three of them have thick beards (plus one with a tattoo) which make them look more like bikie members than wildcats staff. wtf is going on is it a west aussie thing as that place is a world of its own?

also Starvin Marvin the GM at the Crocs game started yelling to the huddle at one point, WTF you are the GM of the club not a coach. Why is a GM on the road with a team during the regular season? AND then mouthing off in a timeout. Imagine that as a player.

Then in tonight's game while Cairns ripped them a new one I noticed on the bench from left you had your starters sitting, then the scrubs, ok that is standard then Marvin THEN the assistants. Why is your GM sitting right next to players on the bench during the game. That is worse than Kesterman and co. at United.

According to Fin Review Wildcats are making $$, but their roster is crap? So it looks like the brightsparks have pumped the profits back into everything but the most important thing being the playing staff. NBL never fails to amaze me, lol

Reply #511449 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

No, your team is stuck in 5th place and doomed to remain there. Our team is ensconced in the top 4 and WILL play finals.

Cairns-NZ-Melbourne-Adelaide is looking increasingly likely. Cats pretty much have to beat either Cairns or NZ at least once, and it's difficult to see that happening.

Could all come down to Adelaide-Perth in the final round, and given that Adelaide beat Perth in Perth and then added DJ, it's hard to favour the 'Cats there.

Reply #511450 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

NZ
Sydney (with J Chill back now)
Cairns
NZ
Adelaide
Townsville

ouch!

Reply #511452 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Great to see Perth on a roll.

Reply #511454 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"I am amazed that Gleeson just goes and sits down and hides on the bench and does not stand by his men, yelling or not.. Gobsmacking stuff... Would be appalled if our coach abandoned his team when they are down 3 men .."

What a dud. Surely he will be sacked after the season. Although I found it comical he was hired in the first place yet then he goes and luckboxed a championship, I assume he had nothing to do with J. Ennis signing? His work with what little he had at the Crocs was far superior in quality and then Tigers fkcing = karma?

What is his contract length btw although kind of irrelevant as sackings occur no matter what the length in modern sports.

Reply #511456 | Report this post

skull  
Years ago

good second half by Cairns tonight, Shaun Bruce was unavailable due to illness so we got a longer look at young Nathan Sobey....foot speed, handles, vision/passing/decisions in traffic & can shoot the ball.
Once again Fearne finds these kids and gives them a stage to perform on.

Reply #511461 | Report this post

Dazz  
Years ago

Hmm, Perth and Adelaide have played 3 times this season. Adelaide got hosed twice, and won ONE game by a couple of points. (On a night when the team that remains the best defensive team in the league basically played no D and gave up 100+ points.)
But sure that record clearly indicates that Adelaide is the superior team. LOL.

The problem you can't seem to get your head(s) around is that you not only have to beat Perth in the final game (unlikely) but must do so by 27+ points. If you believe that's going to happen then we'd better check what's being dumped in the Murray river. Seriously, when was the last time Adelaide beat ANYONE by 27+ points?
You've just come off a double against the most inept team in the league, and you managed to beat them by a COMBINED total of 9 points.

You keep talking about "the run home" like that's the only thing that matters!? Sure you might win 3, 4 or even 5 of those games, and Perth will struggle to win more than 3, but you're two games and a split behind.

Reply #511462 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

just like the sixer fans you are also assuming W-L record to argue your desired result, in reality anything can happen, that's why they play the game. Perth could go 2-4 or 1-5. cats are currently 1-4 in their last 5.

Reply #511464 | Report this post

Nathan of Perth  
Years ago

Yeesh. That 4th quarter.

Reply #511465 | Report this post

Nathan of Perth  
Years ago

0 minutes for Timms and Fisher despite the total 4th quarter obliteration.

Instead we just continue to overload our starters despite the coming games and our injury list...

No seriously, Gleeson, wtf.

Reply #511468 | Report this post

"Seriously, when was the last time Adelaide beat ANYONE by 27+ points?"

@Dazz

I believe it was Game 3 Semi Finals of 2013/14 at the Adelaide Arena versus the visiting Melbourne Tigers, but I agree it probably won't happen. However also keep in mind that the split might not be a factor depending on how the next two weeks pan out, but again I'd find it really unlikely.

Reply #511470 | Report this post

Bol Bol  
Years ago

^^^ my thoughts exactly^^^

Reply #511472 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

Hmm, Perth and Adelaide have played 3 times this season. Adelaide got hosed twice, and won ONE game by a couple of points.

The two earlier games were without Johnson, and while Motum was still working his way into the lineup. And the Wildcats had Knight.

The problem you can't seem to get your head(s) around is that you not only have to beat Perth in the final game (unlikely) but must do so by 27+ points.

They only need to do that to win the head-to-head. If Adelaide win more games than Perth, the margin is irrelevant.

Let's say Perth beat Sydney and Townsville, and lose the others. That gets them to 15-13. If Adelaide beat everyone but NZ, that gets them to 16-12, and the tiebreaker is irrelevant. And that's a pretty damn likely outcome. Assuming the same for Melbourne, they're 17-11. So your top four is Cairns (20-8), NZ (20-8), Melbourne (17-11), Adelaide (16-12) with Perth (15-13) missing out. No tiebreakers required.

Hoping Melbourne drop a couple to Wollongong or Sydney seems like the best bet for Perth.

Reply #511474 | Report this post

Bol Bol  
Years ago

*About Gleeson overworking the starters with NZ to come

Reply #511475 | Report this post

Nathan of Perth  
Years ago

I was so confused for just a moment until I noticed that was Nathan of *Adelaide* haha

Reply #511476 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

01/04/2014 SF3 Adelaide 36ers 102 def. Melbourne Tigers 63

Reply #511477 | Report this post

CT  
Years ago

I sure hope Perth can hang on in 4th because nothing would make me happier than seeing the Taipans give that lot another taste of what they got tonight on the way to some real competition in the GF.

Reply #511478 | Report this post

Train  
Years ago

Perth did enough for 3 quarters for me to still have belief in them . I'm guessing they will drop the game against NZ but they should still end up 3rd

Reply #511480 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

I think something else to remember for Adelaide and Perth fans is Melbourne have been inconsistent all year. Could easily drop a game they are expected to win leaving the door open for both Adelaide and Perth to make up the 4. They also have 3 road games in 7 days close to the end of the season I believe. The Queensland double and against the Kings.

Reply #511481 | Report this post

Bol Bol  
Years ago

Cant understand why they haven't brought in a big to help out in Knights absence. The cats are looking tired and its unlikely they will win more than two more games this season. Only conclusion is that there aren't any aussie bigs out there? If not then keep wagstaff playing backup center and bring in another shooting guard?

Reply #511482 | Report this post

Don't mind me stealing your "thing" Nathan of Perth? haha.
My name is actually Nathan and I am actually from Adelaide if that helps.

Reply #511483 | Report this post

Nathan of Perth  
Years ago

@NoA,

No worries!

Reply #511484 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

A devastating 31-6 fourth quarter has seen the Cairns Taipans chase down the Perth Wildcats and win 92-66 after trailing by as much as 11 points in the first half.

Fatigue catches Perth as Cairns nab top spot

Perth are really shaky right now.

Reply #511492 | Report this post

KingJames  
Years ago

"If Adelaide beat everyone but NZ, that gets them to 16-12, and the tiebreaker is irrelevant. And that's a pretty damn likely outcome."

Sixers could lose today against the Kings who just beat NZ in NZ by 20! Every game is a danger game

Reply #511495 | Report this post

Darryl  
Years ago

Worst 4th quarter effort I have ever seen. Even prior to the spate of recent injuries I felt it wasn't going to be our year.

Reply #511500 | Report this post

Wilson Sting  
Years ago

If you ADL fans are so confident of knocking off SYD today then get some of that $2.05 action from Bet365.

Personally, I think your time's up and you'll go down to the rejuvenated Kings. Can't see Motum and DJ combining well together. J-Chill will murder both of them on the boards.

Reply #511514 | Report this post

Dunkin' Dan  
Years ago

Should be a good one. Both teams running into some recent form.
I like Adelaide, but not with any major confidence.

Reply #511517 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"Seriously, when was the last time Adelaide beat ANYONE by 27+ points?"

LOL Sixers are up by 30 at the moment. Nice timing, you write this get replied with April and the very next game they go beast mode leading by up to 30.

actually while writing this the margin is 27 haha

Reply #511526 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

Ready to take Adelaide seriously yet, guys?

Reply #511527 | Report this post

Darryl  
Years ago

I don't like Adelaide but I respect them coming good at the right time which is more than i can say for Perth.

Reply #511528 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

koberulz I like how you seem to be a Wildcats fan who is a realist unlike the rest of your supporter base who live in fairyland. Keep it up.

Reply #511529 | Report this post

Train  
Years ago

Fairyland where Perth are still 3rd and 2 games clear of Adelaide ? Yes Adelaide are championship quality at the moment - there's no doubting that but they are still relying on other results to give them a chance of playing in the finals.....don't count your chickens yet. Anything can happen from here on.

Reply #511533 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"I like Adelaide, but not with any major confidence."
Spoken like a true Perth fan.

Reply #511535 | Report this post

Dazz  
Years ago

"LOL Sixers are up by 30 at the moment. Nice timing, you write this get replied with April and the very next game they go beast mode leading by up to 30.

actually while writing this the margin is 27 haha"

Well I'm glad the 6's read my comments and it stung them into action, LOL,
but in the end only 19 points!

It could certainly make for an interesting last game for Adelaide. If they're in a scenario where they believe Melbourne and Perth will win against Sydney & Townsville and they have to beat Perth by 27+ points. Would make for an "all or nothing" kind of game.

Reply #511555 | Report this post

Wilson Sting  
Years ago

"Personally, I think your time's up and you'll go down to the rejuvenated Kings. Can't see Motum and DJ combining well together. J-Chill will murder both of them on the boards. "

Egg in face for Wilson Sting! 0 boards for Childress.

Reply #511556 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Egg everywhere!!!!

Reply #511571 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Dazz stop assuming cats sixers will be in a tie, the way cats are playing sixers may have a better outright record

Reply #511635 | Report this post

Kobe24  
Years ago

Dazz we could've won that by 40, but we have a playoff run to look after and maintain, so smart player management says rest the stars. Dj just 19 min for example. Ill give to the cat supporters, they do go down swinging atleast!

Reply #511663 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

HOME TEAM
C. Gliddon: 17
S. Wilbekin: 25
S. Weigh: -13
M. Burston: 5
A. Loughton: 18
C. Tragardh: 21
T. Craig: 39
N. Sobey: 10
M. Young: 8

ROAD TEAM
J. Beal: -12
D. Daniels: -20
G. Hire: 0
T. Jervis: -8
S. Redhage: -16
D. Martin: -22
J. Wagstaff: -19
D. UU: -19
L. Martin: -14

Reply #512550 | Report this post

Dazz  
Years ago

"Dazz we could've won that by 40"

And your point is???

Sydney will not be in contention for the finals so your slip against them is beyond irrelevant.

We all know that "in the NBL anything can happen," but if you're going to pursue that logic then we might as well all shut up for the next 3 weeks.
But if you want to talk about what is likely and probable then you need to face facts: Adelaide do not have the split on Melbourne, and have no hope of getting the split on Perth. Therefore to make the finals you must finish one game clear of either (or both.) Simple.
15 wins could do it, but you need to say 16 to be safe. Ironically it could yet come down to that 6's v Cats game, as you may need that win to get past Melbourne.

At the same time Perth only need two more wins to guarantee a finals berth, and with 4 home games, plus Adelaide, that's not a big ask.

I think the difficulty of MU's run home will rest on how well Sydney cover for Childress. Those two games could make or break their chances.
Adelaide may well stay ahead of Melbourne, but my point remains that you won't get past Perth.

Reply #512607 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 4:47 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754