Mystro
Years ago

R18: Crocs Vs Breakers

The NZ Breakers (18-6) head to Townsville to take on the Crocs (8-16) who are much better than their record suggests.

NZ need to win if they want to snatch HC advantage for the finals from the Taipans who currently have the #1 spot.

Alex Pledger had an adverse reaction to a cortisone injection before the Perth game and has only taken part in limited training since. He's travelling with the team but his level of involvement is anyone's guess.

These two teams have lots of good matchups across the court to keep fans entertained.

Stiendl Vs Webster
Abercrombie Vs Blanchfield
Conklin Vs Vukona/Wesley
Ibekwe Vs Gladness

Topic #36397 | Report this topic

Mick  
Years ago

Townsville are much better on PAPER then their record suggests. In reality they stink.

Reply #513470 | Report this post

Mick  
Years ago

than*

Reply #513471 | Report this post

BigAds  
Years ago

I think you are being too hard on them Mick.

Sure they haven't had the success you may have expected but they don't have the worst record in the league, have beaten some pretty useful teams and have done so while dealing with off court issues (both individually and as an organisation).

If they can keep the nucleus, get the Marksman back on target and get another big man who is more offensively versatile than both Jacob and Greg then I expect them to be even more difficult next year (if they make it back). It's not all bad.

Reply #513476 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

Despite your opinion Mick they still present their problems for opposition teams and are far from easy beats.

Reply #513505 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Crocs are broke.

Reply #513528 | Report this post

Dazz  
Years ago

Pledger is not a huge loss.
Crocs playing for pride at home have caused some upsets, but I don't think they'll be a match for NZ gunning for top spot.

Reply #513534 | Report this post

Kobe24  
Years ago

I reckon the Crocs are good. Much like the Hawks have lost some games that could've gone either way. Their record may show they stink, but they play decent basketball grind it style.

Reply #513549 | Report this post

Train  
Years ago

Breakers should win this game but wouldn't be surprised if Crocs fought their way to a win.

Does anyone know exactly why Markovic is still coming off the bench. Is it still injury management or is he really that unfit ?

Reply #513551 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

After the Wildcats beat out the Taipans this is a great opportunity for NZ to grab the top spot again.

Reply #513604 | Report this post

Nathan of Perth  
Years ago

@Mystro,

My only regret, haha. :)

Reply #513605 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

Haha fair enough? At least you guys got Knight back in time for the playoffs.

Reply #513606 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

lol breakers, lazy assholes

Reply #513771 | Report this post

Train  
Years ago

Breakers have dropped games to both Kings and Crocs now ... Ouch. Battles for top spot well and truly on still.

Reply #513772 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Blanchfield with another monster game, 27 points and 8 boards. He loves playing against New Zealand.

Reply #513773 | Report this post

Mick  
Years ago

Good to see Blanchfield with so many FGA. We are much better when he takes the most shots on this team, he's such an efficient scorer: elite finisher, 3 pt shooter, and free throw shooter, with all of his buckets coming at the rim or from deep.

Reply #513804 | Report this post

Nathan of Perth  
Years ago

Wow, two big dropped games from NZ, shocked.

Reply #513808 | Report this post

Dazz  
Years ago

Top 4 teams are decided, just order to work on now, but finals are looking interesting.
NZ looking vulnerable.

Reply #513809 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

NZ dropping two in a row that they really should have got up for, kudos to the Crocs for getting the W.

It's made the finals race that much more interesting.

Round 19 will be huge for NZ with the Adelaide 36ers visiting & then the road trip to Perth to face the Wildcats.

NZ will need to play themselves into some form if title #4 is too become a reality with Adelaide & Cairns both showing consistency over the past few rounds while NZ has been fairly helter skelter.

Reply #513815 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

sorry not 2x in a row but 2x within a short space of time after going something like 10/12.
not a good look at the pointy end of the season especially when it has quite possibly cost them HC advantage.

Reply #513828 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Maybe Cairns and NZ are tanking to avoid Adelaide in the first round!!!

Reply #513841 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Wouldn't surprise me Adelaide should be the fav for the title based on current form and new roster additions. Everything has changed!

Reply #513874 | Report this post

Dazz  
Years ago

"Adelaide should be the fav for the title based on current form and new roster additions."

Sure, if you were playing Sydney and Wollongong in the finals.

NZ have done the hard work all season, on that basis they should have been favourites, but these two recent inexplicable losses throw that into doubt.
On that recent form, Adelaide (or Perth) are a chance to roll them in the Semis.

Reply #513892 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Dazz, don't bother champ, your off que as per usual. I don't care about the hard work being done throughout the season, I care about NOW crunch time. And at this point the 36ers look sharper each week since DJ has come along and are going to be very hard to beat from here on in. Hence they are my title favourite.

Reply #513910 | Report this post

Dazz  
Years ago

I blame the education system

Reply #513914 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:11 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754