Jack Toft
Years ago

R20: NZ v Cairns

1 v 2 !

Normally this would be the MOTR and have everyone fired up. Today, on the eve of finals, I expect this will be played like a game a chess. Both teams won't want to lose and both teams won't want a high risk game that could either result in injuries or show their new plays to the other.

Let's face it, both teams have been the form teams over the season and deserve their spot. Cairns have clicked and are working really well on the court. Sean Bruce probably the most improved on the team, although there's a heap of Snakes playing out of their skins. You can't hold a Kiwi team down when it comes to beating Aussies and the Breakers have not only jumped back into the top4 this season, but demanded a Top 2 spot.

Like many, I'm still trying to work out why Vukona comes up VUKONA, but maybe someone yelled it to the official on game 1, he typed it into the Breaker's Commodore 64 and it stuck. They're very difficult computers to re-programme and change.

Both teams have won away and Cairns are 2:1 heading into this game +25 on the split.

I expect this will be a pretty high scoring game, but at the end of the day the BREAKERS will shout out a win

Topic #36555 | Report this topic

Tom  
Years ago

No chance of winning by 26, so Cairns will be 1, but a win at home is vital. Webster, Abercrombie have to play well. Pledger will also have a say. We have to play D. Cairns score too easily for mine.

Reply #516875 | Report this post

GTS  
Years ago

Half time 40 all

Reply #516886 | Report this post

Tom  
Years ago

It seems like there is 2 Tom's on this forum. Haha looks like we have to coexist.

Reply #516893 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

fucking useless new zealand

Reply #516894 | Report this post

Tom  
Years ago

well done Cairns 81-77. Too good. We weren't good enough, too many missed J's.

Reply #516896 | Report this post

chris  
Years ago

Cairns win by 4
81 to 77.

Reply #516897 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

typical lazy bullshit from the breakers, will be great to see them crash out of the finals in straight sets

cedric jackson is a corpse

Reply #516898 | Report this post

Kobe24  
Years ago

Great result as a 6er fan, no fear at all in going over there and doing the job. Just got to beat Hawks now. Cairns looked very focussed on what they wanted to achieve, nice way to go in to the finals!

Reply #516899 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

Meh I'm in Tahoe

Reply #516920 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Is this the same Cedric Jackson that could be MVP?

Reply #516922 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

who?

Reply #516931 | Report this post

CT  
Years ago

Cedric Jackson's foul on Loughton was the difference. NZ pushed back hard in the last 5 minutes and I thought they'd nick it after Cairns went to 5 fouls with so much time remaining. Well done Loughton for keeping his head, I've seen so many seasons ended because of his silly mistakes in the last few games.

If wilbekin can keep shooting threes on demand, and if Trigger can ramp it up a touch more (and work on his free throws) Cairns will be legit.

Reply #516948 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

What happened on Cedric's technical? Did he foul. Did he deserve to be t'd up?

Reply #516971 | Report this post

Hendo8888  
Years ago

Hard to argue Cairns aren't legit at this point.
They've won 9 of their last 10 games. Didn't realise it was that good, but they're pretty much on par with Adelaide at this point (and they have the double home game).
2 games outright on top. Can't really ignore that form.

Reply #516972 | Report this post

Agent Orange  
Years ago

haha 'will be legit' we just finished #1! Your're a harsh judge CT :)

Real season starts at the end of this week though, 21 wins means nothing if you can't get the 4 that count the most.

Reply #516977 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I never doubted them for a second (I say that every year) ;-) Judging by some of the comments on here over the last week though you'd think they were a bunch of hillbillies who had wandered down from the mountains and BS'd their way into a basketball grand final series because *everybody* seems to see them as the easy option that they want to play in the semis. Actually, Trigger does kind of look like that but never mind..

Reply #516994 | Report this post

CT  
Years ago

damn, that anon was me...

Reply #516995 | Report this post

Kobe24  
Years ago

I think its tough on Cairns. They are the 2nd best team in the playoffs on form, my biased 36ers opinion, BUT pretty much everyone gets caught up in the same old war horses every year. NZ and Perth have dominated strecthes for so long in the scheme of it, BUT this season, forget standings, they are the bottom 2 form teams out of the 4. I really like the way cairns play, little bit of flare mixed in with some great structured stuff. Only real issue I have is Fearne's odd accent haha

Reply #517004 | Report this post

Agent Orange  
Years ago

haha I never doubted you CT:)

Reply #517015 | Report this post

Dazz  
Years ago

Cairns definitely favourite for the 'ship after today.
I'm hoping that cats can make a fight of it, maybe even win the home game.
But at least we don't have to lose to NZ again.

Reply #517026 | Report this post

MACDUB  
Years ago

Adelaide clear favourites for the title for mine..a mile in front of everyone else.

Cairns legitimate contenders.

NZ fading into the background and I think they will get overran by ADL in the semi-finals 2-0.

Perth are done.

Reply #517045 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

I definitely agree Adelaide and Cairns are the favourites, but I don't think the other two are quite as far off as you. They both have a lot of playoff experience which could be important, regular season momentum can disappear pretty quickly in the post-season with a bad quarter or two.

Reply #517054 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 2:18 am, Sat 27 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754