orbit
Years ago

if nba playoffs started tomorrow

West

Golden State v Oklahoma
Memphis v San Antonio
Houston v Dallas
Portland v Clippers

If u put a healthy Durant back into OKC all 4 of these series could be upsets! Westbrook is unstoppable right now.
Pop would pull something out for Spurs.
Clipps playing well & Portland falling.
No way Harden can carry Houston without Howard in best of 7.

Gotta love how tight the west is!!

Topic #36575 | Report this topic

Luke  
Years ago

Even when they do start, the west are going to have some great playoff matches and I'm expecting plenty of upsets!

Reply #517291 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Mavs have beaten Rockets all 4 times they have played this season already, they'd very likely upset them!

Reply #517303 | Report this post

MACDUB  
Years ago

I'm probably going to get grilled for this, but for me Russell Westbrook is the best player in the league. Hands down.

Reply #517317 | Report this post

MACDUB  
Years ago

p.s. Has an NBA team ever had two former league MVP's on the same team? (let alone at the peak of their careers)

Reply #517318 | Report this post

Bear  
Years ago

Right now, GSW to win it all, they only have to be at their best at the end of the season and no one will get over them!

Reply #517324 | Report this post

M  
Years ago

Bear I'd agree as long as they can avoid Memphis.

Reply #517326 | Report this post

Hendo8888  
Years ago

'p.s. Has an NBA team ever had two former league MVP's on the same team? (let alone at the peak of their careers)'

Probably, but I'd guess they weren't sitting 8th in their conference if they did. :p

Reply #517330 | Report this post

thedoctor  
Years ago

Houston had Olajuwon and Barkley, LA had Malone and Kobe, Cleveland had Shaq and LeBron

Reply #517331 | Report this post

PeterJohn  
Years ago

Cousy and Russell (5 MVPs between them) - 1950s Celtics

Johnson & Abdul-Jabbar (9 MVPS between them) - 1980s Lakers

Reply #517341 | Report this post

Mick  
Years ago

It's pretty hard to argue against that right now MACDUB, although I would still take the field over any particular player at the moment.

I've always said, "imagine if Durant and Westbrook switched brains". Durant would average 40+, Westbrook would defer to him and they'd be a better team. As it stands, Wesbtrook has become the alpha dog. It's his team.

And yes there have been teams with multiple MVPs, although the only one where they won them each back to back and were both in their prime was Cousy and Russell on the Celtics in the 50s.

Reply #517343 | Report this post

@the doctor
LA had 3 then, Kobe (who is hard to count as he hadn't earned his yet at the time), Malone and Shaq. Hell, as it stands now, Lakers have 2 with Kobe and Nash.

Reply #517379 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Robinson and Duncan on the Spurs.

Garnett and Shaq on the Celtics.

Nash and Shaq on the Suns.

Erving and Moses Malone on the 76ers.

Kareem and Oscar on the Bucks.

Bird and Walton one the Celtics.

Mills and Baynes on the Spurs.

There are a few more examples but think of them off the top of my head.

Reply #517388 | Report this post

Bear  
Years ago

Mills and Baynes LMFAO...

Reply #517394 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

but they don't

Reply #517452 | Report this post

orbit  
Years ago

Agree Macdub - westbrook is totally awesome right now. He could have scored 80 in the ASG if he'd played the 48. Unstoppable!!

Reply #517456 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 12:32 am, Wed 20 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754