Matthew
Years ago

Predictions for NBL Finals

So its the Final series none of us probably expected before the season started.

What's the current view on how these teams match up ?

Im tipping Cairns, simply for the fact Id love a regional team to win this comp.

Topic #36632 | Report this topic

PlaymakerMo  
Years ago

1. The result should largely depend on who can dictate the pace of the game: this is a polar opposite match-up for both teams, compared to the semi-finals.

2. If New Zealand defend the rim and shoot from outside as well as they did against Adelaide, I'm tipping them 2-0.

3. Much like the semis and regular season: the quality of refereeing will mar what would otherwise be a spectacular final.

Reply #519239 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Similarly, I think New Zealand's defensive boards are the key. If they control them and run consistently I think they win 2-0, but Cairns have averaged 13.5 o-boards against the Breakers this season, clearly better than any other team.

If the Taipans break even or win the boards narrowly I'm calling a 2-1 win to them, but if they get around the 14-15 o-board mark they'll go 2-0.

My tip is Cairns 2-1, but not with any confidence.

Reply #519250 | Report this post

alexkrad  
Years ago

If NZ play like they did against Adelaide, and Cairns play like they did against Perth, NZ in 2.

Reply #519298 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Different match-ups though. The SFs were close to like against like in style, whereas there are real contrasts between Cairns and NZ, so I think a lot of small factors will come into play.

Reply #519313 | Report this post

gumboot slinger  
Years ago

NZ Breakers in 3

Reply #519481 | Report this post

orbit  
Years ago

Game 1 - CNS by 3
Game 2 - NZ by 20
Game 3 - CNS by 7

Reply #519601 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 4:57 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754