Anonymous
Years ago

NBA father-son game: Currys vs Rivers

Interesting article, who would you take. Or would the Jordans take it out?

Who would win the Aussie title?

And should they add it to the all star week

Steph Curry has taken "my dad could beat your dad" to an entirely new level.

In an interview on “Jim Rome on SHOWTIME,” Curry said that he and his dad - former NBA sharpshooter Dell Curry – could beat Clippers coach Doc Rivers and his son Austin in a game of 2-on-2.

“We would get the ball first, 'cause usually when you play one-on-one you shoot for ball, so I think we’re better shooters,” Curry says. “And then we wouldn’t miss.”

Curry’s wise to bet on his father, especially in what would surely be a shooting match between his father and Rivers. Doc Rivers was a career 32.8% three-point shooter. Dell Curry, meanwhile, shot 40% from three for his career.  But even if we were to consider the father match-up a wash, given their age, this still wouldn’t be a contest. Steph Curry has been one of the best players in the league this year, and is likely the MVP. He’s hit shots that border on – no, go well beyond the impossible. Austin Rivers, meanwhile...well.

The Rivers family would likely be an easy win for the Currys. There are a few other father-son duos who could give them a bit more of a challenge: Andrew and Mitchell Wiggins; Jabari and Sunny Parker; the Tim Hardaways, maybe even the Mike Dunleavys. OK, probably not the Mike Dunleavys.

Topic #36882 | Report this topic

Your mum  
Years ago

WHAT ABOUT KLAY AND MYCHAL THOMPSON?

Reply #524539 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Marcus and Michael Jordan

Reply #524543 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Andrew and Lindsay gaze?

Reply #524550 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Dante and cecil

Reply #524558 | Report this post

MACDUB  
Years ago

Delonte West and Lebron James would be unstoppable.

Reply #524559 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

No step daddies Macdub

Reply #524563 | Report this post

Anon12  
Years ago

Being an oldtimer - glad to see someone named Andrew & Lindsay (SA by birth) Gaze. Saw both play when Andrew was young. Lindsay was outstanding shooter (particularly from range) and good ball handler. Would have been interesting.

Reply #524574 | Report this post

Bear  
Years ago

Dave and his boy Ben would still carve it up I reckon.

The Frolings could put in a whole mixed team of 5.

What about the Plumblees from Duke, once again the whole family could play, I know we are talking 2 on 2, just saying there are some big basketball families out there?

Reply #524602 | Report this post

Young Gun  
Years ago

Brian and Simon Kerle. I saw Brian play once for the Everton Old Boys in Brisbane once. He was still 6'9" and knew how to pass from the high post

Reply #524609 | Report this post

Hoopster  
Years ago

If you're going for just combined careers them Kobe and Joe Bryant and Jimmy Walker and Jalen Rose deserve a look.

Simple 2 on 2, keep possession game? Currys all day

Reply #524624 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

G and E Payton......

Reply #524628 | Report this post

Speed44  
Years ago

Shawn Bradley and Avery?

Reply #524662 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 4:16 pm, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754