Anonymous
Years ago

Boomers v NZ how many tickets sold?

Anyone know approximately how many tickets have been sold so far at Rod Laver Arena?

Topic #37034 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Looks to be 225 left.

So nearly a sell out

Reply #527582 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Seriously?

Only 225 tickets left?

If true, that's awesome

Reply #527587 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Where are you getting/how did you figure out the 225 figure? If that's the case then that's very good news.

BA rightly cops a lot of criticism here but to the extent to which they were involved in partnering with the Nine Live major events company, securing Rod Laver Arena as the venue and marketing this event better than previous years, they deserve some credit. That is of course if it is in fact a sell out.

When you think about the squad at the last Oceania Championships in 2013 the only big difference compared with this one was the absence of Bogut (and to a lesser extent Baynes), and even though Bogut (along with the other NBA guys) has committed this time around that isn't necessarily a guarantee. And yet there's been a marked improvement in the way the event has been set up and promoted this time.

Reply #527615 | Report this post

GWB  
Years ago

I actually think having eddie mcguire and people who aren't basketball heads talking it up at press conferences plus throwing around a few big names like Bogut/Exum/Mills has done the series a world of good. When people who aren't solely basketball heads talk about basketball, it adds it credibility.

Reply #527623 | Report this post

Curtley  
Years ago

Is Steven Adams confirmed to play?

Reply #527636 | Report this post

NBL Fan  
Years ago

I think there is way more than 225 tickets left judging by ticketek. Premium has sold out which is a surprise.

Reply #527642 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Smart money on NZ

Reply #527650 | Report this post

Benno  
Years ago

Sick of people complaining about prices. This is going to be a high quality game which could have upto 7 NBA players in it.

Reply #527656 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

It's only half sold

Reply #527675 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Adams is yet to commit. Premium and Category 1 tickets pretty much all gone. Just cheaper tickets yet to be sold out...

Reply #527692 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

And that will be the test of the pricing regime. Will making those tickets so expensive keep people away, or will the backing for the event create enough interest anyway?

Reply #527693 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I just had a look on Ticketek and Premium is sold out, Category 1 is about 85% sold, Cat 2 about 60% sold.
Then in the upper bowl, Cat 3 is basically sold out, Cat4 I would say is 90-95% sold, and Cat5 close to 80% sold.
I was concerned about pricing but I think that is a good result for week 1.
(Going by the pattern of "unavailable" seats today and also going by what was available to purchase the first morning I a pretty sure they have been holding some areas back from sale though)

Reply #527735 | Report this post

Matthew  
Years ago

Would have loved to have seen the Boomers play over here at the Arena.

Reply #527920 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:09 am, Sat 27 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754