brian b
Years ago

Frankston Blues

frankston web claims maddie Garrick as their own and states their ability to foster and nourish talent and it is symbolic of what the blues are trying to build where everyone can reach their potential,seabl men,championship men and women all have zero wins,seabl women average,not much talent down there but having a jolly good time

Topic #37046 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Excuse my ignorance, do Frankston compete in Big V Championship?

Reply #527873 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

More spin...Shepparton junior.Paid player at Frankston.

Reply #527874 | Report this post

brian b  
Years ago

sorry youth league men and women championship sides

Reply #527876 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Evidently they are claiming Bogut as well cause he drove past the stadium one day!

Reply #527877 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Shepparton junior, went to the AIS, played in the Bendigo WNBL team since I think 2010, bit of a stretch to say or perhaps infer that she is product of Frankston.

She played in the 2012 and 2011 Vic under 20 team and is listed as from Shepparton/AIS.

The article is interesting as it flies in the face of not being able to get a Big V YL win.

The article says in part "demonstrates Frankston Basketball's unique ability to foster and nourish elite talent ....... is also symbolic of what Frankston Basketball is trying to build - that is an environment where everyone can reach their potential".

Seems to me they've got a funny way of helping their YL teams reach their potential!

Reply #527887 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Sorry that's 2010 and 2011 Vic team, not 2012 and 2011

Reply #527889 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

They gave her an opportunity last year in SEABL where she did flourish so credit to them there. No-one would have picked her to win the SEABL MVP last year.

Agreed - a big stretch for them to claim her as a product of their own system.

Brian B - women made the prelim last year and will be around the mark again. Men undermanned. Presume you haven't watched them play.

Reply #527947 | Report this post

Develop Your Own  
Years ago

^ Anon 947 they've lost 4 of the last 5, not sure how you think that will put them 'around the mark again' at the end of the year. I haven't seen them play, I don't even follow the league so don't who has or has not played who, but statistically second bottom after 6 games would suggest they will struggle to come anywhere near last year's result.

Reply #527960 | Report this post

brian b  
Years ago

sadly I attend most of their games and it is the same week in week out,bowen only worker in the womens and pork holding them to-gether in the mens,will really struggle against the top teams so cant see them getting anywhere,like the wheat crops in the drought,promised much flour but have ended up with lots of chaff

Reply #528021 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Women can make the playoffs, men anchored to the bottom.Big V team with SEABL quality import.Pay peanuts you get monkeys!!!

Reply #528023 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Brian B so you would have seen both teams play fantastic against COE and Dandenong last 2 weeks. Women have no restricted players and men only one import. I suppose Dandenong aren't a top team in the ladies?
And at least Franga aren't blowing mindless amounts of money on their senior programs (or at least womens program).

Reply #528033 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I think the coach of the Men's SEABL team needs to start to play his bench more. Looking at the Stats, the starters get the majority of the minutes, so can't really blame the bench for the losses. The team is small, not great shooters, have way too many turnovers and rebound poorly.

He's started to play Jack Gaze more minutes and look what he's done? Maybe there are others on the Bench or in the Youth league that should be blooded?

Give them a serious run and see what they can do. Clearly the starters, except for Polk, aren't up to it.

To make my point:

Frankston have:
4th worst Field Goal %
5th worst 3P%
4th worst Ave Pts
5th worst Ave Assists
the worst Ave Rebounds

Reply #528244 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Hodgson and Williams will help with the above.

Reply #528269 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

anon,

doesnt mean the bench are up too it either..cause if they were dominating at training, they'd already be playing...take my point

Reply #528276 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Can't wait to see this post by the end of the season
Just watch

Reply #528312 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

#276 sounds like the coach

Reply #528549 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Frankston will now claim Eric Williams as a product of their academy.

Reply #528748 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I believe that cut down the nets after Saturday nights win...

Reply #528752 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Would appear Garrick herself knows exactly where it all started.....

Great article and well done to her !!

http://www.basketball.net.au/profile-maddie-garrick-2/

Reply #533559 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Frankston is her employer.They claim everybody as a Frankston player.

Reply #533573 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Frankston will claim Delly next cause their u/12 coach used to coach him #bluecrew15

Reply #533580 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

They already have...

Reply #533583 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Hasn't Kyrie Irving been claimed previously as well - I'm sure I read that somewhere.

Reply #533591 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Kyrie attended a game a couple of years ago, so his is obviously a product for the Frankston Academy!

Reply #533595 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Mike Miller NBA attended a game years ago they claimed him to.

Reply #533598 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Why does any of this matter

Reply #533818 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 6:41 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754