Zodiac
Years ago

Adam Gibson future?

I'm pretty sure Adam Gibson had a player option with the 36ers for next season but according to the NBL's free-agency list he's opted out of it.

http://www.nbl.com.au/article/id/1lkgthfth1291jcd5e4qb3p91

Doesn't mean he won't be back as he has opted out only to then re-sign to a longer deal with the 36ers but does anyone know his plans?

It sounds like Melb Utd are blowing up their team with only Barlow & Tomlinson confirmed to return and I did think he might want to go back to Melbourne as it's as close as he'll get to Tassie.

Topic #37090 | Report this topic

Oberon 28  
Years ago

I'd bring him back. I know he had down year last year but 7 is cheap for him with points

Reply #528620 | Report this post

Tornado  
Years ago

Pretty sure he'll be back in blue next season.

Reply #528627 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

As a 10 his options might have been a little limited.

As a 7 most teams would want him.

Is the 7 rating an NBL thing to keep the only long term local Boomer in the league, or get him to a Sydney or Melbourne marketplace?

Reply #528628 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

All about the Coin!!

Reply #528630 | Report this post

Mr Sheen  
Years ago

He seems to be playing for Camberwell in BigV Division One Men

Reply #528640 | Report this post

Tom  
Years ago

Needs to be retained. He is a Boomer for a reason.

Reply #528653 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Retain within reason, good not great these days and will all come down to the money side of it. Cant pay him superstar money anymore.

Reply #528656 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Will go to Melbourne or Sydney

Reply #528657 | Report this post

master chief  
Years ago

I think you would have to pay him what he wants or something fairly reasonable or someone else will.

Have seen Twitter photos of him and others training sixers gear so it would seem okay to assume that he is in the likely to return category.

I would think his relationship with Joey would also be a factor.

Reply #528658 | Report this post

MIKE  
Years ago

I would retain him. Continuity is what makes championship teams, and it is not time to dismantle the sixers yet. I would drop Schensher, Keep Jamar, chase a decent import centre as well.

Reply #528663 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Decent import centres don't grow on trees, if they are good they play in Europe, we get the dregs in this league. Schenscher at he right price is a very option. He has been under utilised under Joey, is a great passer and can be a offensive option. Joey simply subs him in and out every 2 minutes, fix that and maximise your financial investment on him.

Reply #528673 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

Retaining Gibson is a given for the 36ers, just a matter of whether Gibbo wants to return

Reply #528686 | Report this post

MIKE  
Years ago

When I speak of a good centre, I am thinking like a Mikell Gladness type.

Reply #528706 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

The agent is always going to look for the best deal come contract renewal time

Reply #528709 | Report this post

proud  
Years ago

I would love to see him be the face of a Tasmanian NBL team but he may be too old before that is a reality.

Lucas Walker would make a great addition to that squad too

Reply #528740 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Not so many import centres in Europe as they have good local centres, some Asian leagues seem to chuck the biggest money at American centres.

But even strong PF imports who could play as a mobile C here like Ibekwe can be hard to get or hang onto. Having said that, Ibekwe would be a nice fit for Joey Wright's system.

Reply #528753 | Report this post

Tornado  
Years ago

Mike...Sixers just signed DJ for 3 years - he is your starting centre.

Sixers will go after an import PF to fill the rotation with Peach and DJ. They probably need a 4th to round out that rotation and I dare say they will go with a youngster or a gamble like BJ a couple seasons back.

Schenscher I believe is long past his best although still a capable back up and provides a look a lot of teams dont have. You dont want to be playing him major minutes though.

I doubt Schenscher comes back as he will likely be offered more minutes and money elsewhere.

Reply #528755 | Report this post

Dazz  
Years ago

Umm, its simple.
He was on 10 points, if he exercises an option under an existing contract, he would presumably stay on 10 points.
Now, he will be on a "new" contract, at 7 points.

Reply #528795 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 6:30 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754