3. 76ers
4. Knicks
5. Magic
6. Kings
7. Nuggets
8. Pistons
9. Hornets
10. Heat

Could give the Wolves three consecutive #1 picks on the same team, even though it's their first ever #1 pick.

Lakers jumped a bit to get #2, while Knicks had the second worst record and got #4.

Topic #37115 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

As a lakers fan im not sure what they'll do. Will they keep it and build on Randle and Clarkson or will they try to trade it.

Rebuilding is not usually the lakers style but with three good young players and a heap of cap room then who knows.

As for twolves theyll be half decent in time. Surely they will take a big (Prob okafor) which means maybe they can trade pek (as have dieng also)?

Reply #529145 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

bloody Lakers

Reply #529150 | Report this post

Aussiebballer  
Years ago

Twolves should take Towns, as they have the Centre position covered with Pek and Dieng.

That would leave the Lakers with Okafor to add to Randle for their rebuild. Pretty nice combo actually. Hopefully they aren't dumb enough to trade it for a vet player.

The interesting pick will be the Knicks, will they keep it and draft a guard, Russell or Mudiay.
Or trade it to try and compete.

I think they should trade Melo for a full rebuild.
Besides Melo the rest of the team is a disaster.
I don't think they have another starting quality player on the team!!!
They should have some cap-space but who will want to go there as the rest of the team will suck.
They will have no chance of competing with the Cavs, Bulls, Hawks or Wizards.

Reply #529153 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I think Minny will take Okafor and look to trade Pek - does anyone know how trade-able his contract is?

Reply #529156 | Report this post

MELHOOPS  
Years ago

2 years at 12 million a season....not very tradeable in my opinion. Might appeal to a contender...OKC, CLE, WAS, etc.

I think the Wolves will take Okafor, trade Pek and Martin and start with:

Rubio
Lavine
Wiggins
Okafor
Dieng

Reply #529161 | Report this post

Baller#3  
Years ago

I like a theory someone had that lakers would trade #2 to New york for melo. Giving New york a real chance to rebuild properly with picks 2 and 4, whilst giving the Lakers a great Now player. They would then pick up rondo in free agency.

I think it could definitely happen but I could only see disaster for LA if it did with all those egos. I dont think mixing Kobe, Melo and Rondo would be a good idea

Reply #529163 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Would mean they can't get Love either.

Reply #529171 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

I think the Lakers would be insane to go for Melo (not sure he's good enough) or Rondo (Mavs faked an injury and didn't bother playing him in the play-offs). Obviously a lottery pick player is no guarantee of turning out, but the potential plus the longevity counts.

Reply #529195 | Report this post

AK-47  
Years ago

I don't have much doubt that the Wolves will take Towns. His upside is something of a KG and Okafor's ceiling is probably something like an Al Jefferson. I know who I'd rather on my roster. Having said that, the Lakers have a very interesting decision to make. I think they go Okafor but I think the gap between Okafor and Russell is smaller than Okafor and Towns, despite the difference in position.

Reply #529221 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I would hate the lakers to trade the pick for melo no way will they do that. Lakers got lucky so shouldn't waste it.

Towns is a better for Lakers rather than Okafor as they have Randle. Unfortunately I think wolves will take Towns.

If lakers take Okafor do they try trading Randle? Would they get anything for a rookie who didn't touch the court due to a knee injury.

Knicks have already said they're open to trading the 4th pick.

Reply #529239 | Report this post

Dept  
Years ago

Anon...you don't think Randle and Okafor could play together? Having never seen either of them play, I wouldn't know. Why wouldnt it work?

Reply #529245 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Randle is a mobile big that passes well and can shoot the mid range where's Okafor is an offensive machine in the post arguably best in a long time. So they could potentially co-exist. I think the Lakers would def take him if he wasn't taken number one. Although Towns seems to be the favourite to go no 1, word is that the Wolves and Saunders like Okafor.

Do you take the best talent or what your team needs? Lakers need a C and a SF therefore you take Towns or Winslow. If you're taking talent you take Towns or Okafor.

I would love to see them get Towns. To me a rim protector is so important in the NBA and hard to come by. His potential is higher than Okafors especially when you talk about being a two way player.

Reply #529642 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 2:08 pm, Sat 27 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754