Josh
Years ago

NBL confirms Greenwood to Perth

@PerthWildcats: Be paying attention tomorrow morning for some HUGE news... #RedArmy

people are saying iverson should sign BAHAHAHAHA

any ideas tho what it could be ?

Topic #37174 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

New assistant coach?

Reply #530681 | Report this post

Train  
Years ago

Could be the signing of Hugh Greenwiod ? Usually these announcements are a little overhyped so it could be something totally different all together. Could just be another sponsor or partner.

Reply #530682 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

it won't be anything huge just trying to keep in the news in the off season

Reply #530683 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

So they should. All teams should've stayed vocal regardless of the season status.

Reply #530686 | Report this post

NikeAl  
Years ago

??? I doubt there will be be big news tomorrow as its a public holiday in Perth

Reply #530687 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Huge Greenwood inks 3 yr deal with NBA and Euro out clauses.

Greenwood signs 3 year deal with Perth

Reply #530689 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Huge Greenwood inks 3 yr deal with NBA and Euro out clauses.

Greenwood signs 3 year deal with Perth

Reply #530690 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Toot toot. :)

Reply #530692 | Report this post

Bear  
Years ago

Well done to all concerned, look forward to seeing him play. Didn't know his knick name was 'Huge', that's an interesting one, bet the girls in Perth will be happy to see him when he arrives...

Reply #530693 | Report this post

Happy Days  
Years ago

Will only last one season.Be off to Europe after that.

Reply #530694 | Report this post

mystro  
Years ago

nice to see teams chasing and securing talented young local players before europe & the states steals them away.

Reply #530695 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

If only he had played for the GC Blaze Joey may have gone after him... shame.

Reply #530702 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Magnificent news

Reply #530708 | Report this post

Great news.
I'll be rooting for huge green wood this season.

Reply #530710 | Report this post

Dunkin' Dan  
Years ago

Really solid player. Stoked to have him on board :)

Reply #530715 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

..saw him train here a bit with the sixers, marty clarke...

Reply #530718 | Report this post

Wookiee  
Years ago

Great to have good young talent coming back to the NBL... I'm guessing that he will be staying over in the States for a while to try to catch some more pre-draft workouts? I wonder if he's going to try to get on a Summer League team as well if the draft doesn't work out? Perth aren't usually big fans of waiting around, but I guess when there's a chance to get a great young kid like this, you have to get in early...

Will be good to see what Trev has got in store for him...

Reply #530729 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

More young talent to come... ;)

Reply #530732 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I can't believe people criticize a club for making announcements and keeping their fans engaged.

Reply #530734 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Nice font..

Reply #530736 | Report this post

Wookiee  
Years ago

People are criticising?

I agree though with the anon above, the new font choice for teh name is much improved, however the spacing inside the elements needs a bit of work, everything looks a bit squished :D

Reply #530738 | Report this post

Blitz101  
Years ago

Another Top knot for the cats

Reply #530740 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Pretty sure in the announcement it said that Greenwood would be in Perth for the start of pre-season training in July.

Reply #530744 | Report this post

Wookiee  
Years ago

Yeah, I read that, but unless the feedback was really bad for him, he'd be silly to not try for a Summer League team...

Reply #530749 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Summerleague finishes on or around July 22 I believe - he could therefore join the team in July!

Reply #530763 | Report this post

Kobe24  
Years ago

More talent in the league the better. What are the 6ers doing recruitemnt wise? Lagging again? DJ was a lock pretty mucyh when he came back so who else... shame we couldtn have been in contact.

Reply #530772 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Great talent, great person more importantly. All the best Hughie.

Reply #530777 | Report this post

Train  
Years ago

Assuming that Greenwood sticks around for the season that leaves 8 points to fill the last spot, presumably a guard ( this is of assuming that Daniels is replaced with another import). With a guard line up consisting of Greenwood, Martin and Beal, I can't see the 4th guard getting a lot of minutes. There won't be a lot of 7-8 point guards that would be willing to fight for garbage time with that rotation so I get the feeling a budget player is the direction the cats will take. I still think Muo would be a good fit.

Reply #530783 | Report this post

Dazz  
Years ago

Great pickup, although a little surprised the Cats agreed to the outs. I suppose for the chance to snare such a good young talent for 3 points, they're prepared to carry that risk.

Assuming that Greenwood sticks around for the season that leaves 8 points to fill the last spot, presumably a guard ( this is of assuming that Daniels is replaced with another import). With a guard line up consisting of Greenwood, Martin and Beal, I can't see the 4th guard getting a lot of minutes. There won't be a lot of 7-8 point guards that would be willing to fight for garbage time with that rotation so I get the feeling a budget player is the direction the cats will take. I still think Muo would be a good fit.

Might depend on the import they get, but I think its a safe assumption they'll be looking for another guard for the bench. Possibly a swing-man with good 3 point bombing?
With their previous lack of depth, chance of injuries, and risk of losing Greenwood, they'll be chasing quality. They have the points to get somebody decent, presumably they also have the cash, and the security & success of the Cats could be welcome for some.
Their bench guards would have got a LOT more minutes last season if they weren't all hopeless.
Muo? ROFL

Reply #530894 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I could definitely see him being snapped up by a European club part way through the NBL season, which I have to admit would make me happy for him and LOL in the wildcats direction.

Reply #530897 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 12:40 pm, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754