Anonymous
Years ago

Big V Player of the month - May

How do Big V select player of the month.

Is the number 1 requirement being an import? I follow the Div 2 women league closely and cant understand how lovejoy got player of the month. Wilkins would have been a better nomination from chelsea.

Also What about Nat Dowdy from casey 17.75ppg (lovejoy 16.25), 9rpg (lovejoy 13.75), shooting at 62% (lovejoy 43%), less crt time, same steals and TO. Lovejoy only score 9 points against Casey in there Clash in May.

Even PLayers like Caitlyn Mckenzie Melbourne Uni (16ppg, 10.4rpg), or E. Swaine mornington (22.75ppg, 4rpg, 46% shooting) would be close also!

Topic #37186 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Whoever scores the most in that month.

Reply #530975 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Ha ha don`t even bother trying to work that one out Tim.

Reply #530979 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

None of the league staff ever watch any games they just go on stats. Even if there is a huge misprint the league wont know about it.

Reply #531138 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I`d have to say you are incorrect on the above statment. They all get out to games on the weekend.

Whats the league at now 152 teams or something. They can`t be everywhere.

While I don`t agree with how all things are done at Head Office level you can`t bash them for not getting to every game.

I would suggest the main focus would be at State Champ and State Youth Champ levels (AS IT SHOULD BE)

At that D2 womens level

Your 10 best players are and in no particular order (regardless of stats)

1-Bec Swaine
2-Tarryn Wilken
3-Rachel Mckeown
4-Billie Lucas
5-Lee Wilkins
6-Jasime Lovejoy
7-Caitlin Mckenzie
8-Rachel Jeffrey
8-Tara Bohana
9-Sammie Johnson
10-Chelsea Bull

Merle Hall honourable Mention

Reply #531150 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

All of them are 3 point shooters. Seems like that's what they consider player of the month. Someone who shoots it lots and scores lots, nothing much else really matters.

Reply #531153 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I would take Lovejoy over Swaine every day. Lovejoy has Wilkins, Ting (nee Bull) and others who share the scoring and actually play some D. Swaine doesn't have much else in that team to help.

Reply #531159 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

^^ You`re kidding right???

Mckenzie a 3 opoint shooter?
Tara Bohana a 3 point shooter?
Tarryn Wilkin a 3 point shooter?
Lovejoy?
Johnson?

Those players have all put up under 7 threes for the season

Reply #531160 | Report this post

Smeta  
Years ago

Jasmine Lovejoy Leads the league in rebounds and is top five in scoring. 3rd in assists.

I would say she was a bloody decent nomination for the Month of May. There was a 19 points, 19 reb, 4 ass and 3 steals game in the month of May as well.

Hardly say it has anything to do with being an import of the 7 three point shots she has put up for the year.

SMH

Reply #531161 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

#153 was not in reference to those girls, it was in reference to the general selection of player of month- chill dudes!

Reply #531168 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

End of the day in all sports what people do offense wise is always oing o be rewarded more. Hence why rules in all sports continue to be adjusted to enable more scoring.

Aparently it is what we all want to see.

Reply #531176 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I agree anon^ it is what we want to see but in basketball the way they officiate it the outside shooters get all the protection so they get all the shots and hence all the glory. What goes on in the dirty engine room of the game inside the paint is a far cry from the prissy outside flanking and skipping without contact. Rules are rules but the way they are interpreted is becoming a joke. Same as stats are stats you can make them say what you want.

Reply #531181 | Report this post

T  
Years ago

Is the craigieburn coach still homeless?

Reply #531423 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 4:43 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754