Jono
Years ago

Bogut?

For those with a passion for bagging players... whats going on with this dude? Or don't you bag people who earn more than $10M a season? ;)

So im guessing he's injured...

Topic #37225 | Report this topic

Mick  
Years ago

Kerr isn't letting him play through it. Has played amazingly all playoffs and is stinking it up now, like every Warrior not named Iguodala.

Reply #532126 | Report this post

Jono  
Years ago

Agree, he's made some good plays early in games but, I'm pretty sure he's not 100%. Plus his foul shot is a liability late in games.

I honestly hope he steps up. I also think he will.

Reply #532128 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Bogut is just laying the foundation for his annual "Sorry Boomers I am too hurt to join you this year" excuse.

Reply #532129 | Report this post

Benno  
Years ago

who cares delly is playing

Reply #532132 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Gotta love aussies not supporting all aussies.
Not. Who cares if they arent playing well. Or not for your team. They are all aussies and deserve our support what ever the sport they play. Piss weak.

Reply #532160 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Gotta love aussies not supporting all aussies.

So you agree with every decision abbotts made then champ?

Reply #532162 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Small ball.

Reply #532166 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

What the hell am I doing in a thread not about Delly??!?!

Reply #532170 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

pedants. Was politics mentioned. No.

Reply #532172 | Report this post

Orbs  
Years ago

Just illustrating how ridiculous your comment was. Who cares that they're Australian. Do you think every American supports LeBron?

Reply #532174 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Have most of you not noticed both teams are playing a lot of small ball?

Reply #532175 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Personally I've never liked Bogut. I can remember those comments he made about Longley when he was first drafted, his lack of commitment to the Boomers not playing a game for us over the last 7 years, his arrogance and him being overpaid throughout his career.

Reply #532176 | Report this post

GWB  
Years ago

He starts but plays bench minutes. It is baffling. No one has said anything about an injury. But I do worry this will be yet another excuse lined up.

I don't think it matters for the Boomers if Bogut plays or not. It would, however take away from the selling point of the NZ series being stacked with "NBA stars".

Lets face it, the Boomers can cover for the loss of Bogut in this series - we have been doing it for 7 years now.

Reply #532180 | Report this post

Beantown  
Years ago

I hope Bogut is embarrassed by his lack of intensity compared to Delly. He needs to be way more aggressive against the Cavs bigs because they have ZERO depth there. Get Mozgov or Thompson in trouble and they'll be forced to play the immobile Perkins or Haywood.

Too many passengers on this Warriors squad right now who don't want a title badly enough.

Kerr is struggling too. Didn't get the adjustments he needed from his team in game 3 and for some unknown reason has refused to give significant minutes to Lee and Speights who have both been very effective all year.

Thompson might be fit, but he isn't a cyborg. Keep rotating fresh bodies on him and see how he does at the end of games!

Reply #532188 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Who gives a stuff about the yanks. I support all aussies playing whatever sport overseas. Irregardless of their team or sport. Be an aussie not a sycophant. Be proud of all aussies is my point. Now we have people saying Bogut's overpaid too. His boss says the same thing about him here.

Reply #532190 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

A true Australian doesn't do what other people tell them to, they do whatever they want to and say FU to anonymous people on the Internet trying to tell them what to do. So what if you think some of the Aussie players are very average in comparison to other players

Reply #532193 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Why should we support someone just because they come from the same country?

Reply #532194 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

If you need to even ask that question there in lies the problem.

Reply #532196 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

So despite following Jacques Villeneuve in the F1 since 1997 I'm a traitor and unaustralian for not instantly dropping him for Webber in 2002? You're kidding right?

Reply #532198 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

No. You totally missed my point.

Reply #532204 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Should have stayed at milwaukie. He was having some huge games filling up the stats sheet before he decided to go to golden state.

Reply #532230 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

He got traded, he had no say in the matter. I know it does not really gel with the way GS play, but yours always told to feed the bigs every know and then to reward their play and keep them engaged on the other end, that never happens at GS. When is does get down low he need to make a quick move for a shot, when in high post then look to facilitate. Thing is this series for mine the ball movement has really dried up, so many rushed shots.

Reply #532237 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Until he plays for Australia he will always be a Croatian first

Reply #532250 | Report this post

NBL Fan  
Years ago

His stats were always going to decline whether Milwaukee kept him or not. He had to somewhat re-invent his game style and mindset after his elbow and ankle injuries.

Reply #532254 | Report this post

Larry K  
Years ago

"If you need to even ask that question there in lies the problem."

"No. You totally missed my point"

You're not actually making a point.

Reply #532258 | Report this post

Mick  
Years ago

Beantown on the money.

Reply #532263 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

I agree too with Beantown.

Reply #532277 | Report this post

Greggo  
Years ago

All he's asked to do is set screens and play d.

Criminally underused. Even if you don't think he's a 40MPG kinda player, he should still get 20-25mpg and a few touches on O

Reply #532298 | Report this post

Larry K  
Years ago

And rebound and pass from the high post and score around the basket. He has been too timid on everything. That play in Game 1 where he passed up a WIDE OPEN shot under the basket to Klay in the corner summed up his performance. The pressure is getting to him.

Reply #532302 | Report this post

MACDUB  
Years ago

Beantown has hit the nail on the head.

Long way to go in the series but you almost get a sense we are seeing a case of "your best player has to lose one before he can win one".

Warriors still got a great chance of winning the series but if they lose you wouldn't be wrong to compare it to OKC 2012. Has all the similar makings i.e. amazingly talented team, young coach, young star players getting outwitted by older stars who have been there before.

Reply #532315 | Report this post

NBL Fan  
Years ago

When he had a 14 point game in the last series against Houston you could see clearly from the beginning he was being aggressive and looking for his shot. I don't think the pressure is getting to him I just think he's trying to get Steph and Klay hot. Expect him to be aggressive tomorrow.

Reply #532338 | Report this post

Beantown  
Years ago

I think you are onto something there Macdub. Experience counts in the playoffs and doubly so in the Finals.

Lebron's experience has allowed him to be near flawless and David Blatt's experience in the Euroleague appears to have given him a decisive advantage over Steve Kerr thus far.

Contrast that with Curry, Thompson and Barnes, who have all been inconsistent in their decision-making.

Having said that, I believe the Cavs have played as well as they could have and yet the Warriors, who played poorly, had a chance to win both games.

Up until now, the Warriors have shown they can make the adjustments and I think there are some obvious ones that can be made to swing the series their way.

Personally, I would start Lee and Iguodala and attack the paint aggressively. As I said above, the Cavs have zero big man depth. Get them in foul trouble and wear them out.

Lebron has been brilliant and is talismanic for the Cavs confidence. So far, he has not been put under enough pressure. I would change the defensive plan for Lebron and try to put him under more pressure with better positioned help D for his drives and more aggressive ball pressure to force mistakes. If you can dry his scoring up for a couple of stretches and show his team that he is human, I think a lot of the fight might go out of the Cavs.

Bring Barnes in off the bench while Iguodala is still out there. Lebron can't guard both. Get Barnes some isos against any wing not named Lebron and I think he will get rolling.

Set better screens. As good as Delly is, he still can't fight through a tough Bogut screen.

Let Curry take Delly in isos more often. Curry has the handles and is too quick.

Most importantly, everyone plays like their life depends on it. There is no excuse for the Warriors to get out-hustled again in game 4.

The Warriors have definitely dug themselves a big hole, but based upon their past responses, I think they will find a way to win tomorrow and wrest back control.

Reply #532345 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"Not starting @andrewbogut means GSW continue to go further away from what got them here. #inexperience"

According to Australia's least worst basketball journo.

Reply #532472 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

LOL. Not starting Bogut has been a complete success for GSW.
Persisting with someone who is playing like shit is not smart coaching #duhh

Reply #532480 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Aussies hate wogs. Stick it up them
Bogut and show them your one the best players
Going around.

Reply #532486 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Poor Bogut. Sent to the bench and his team was much better for it.

Reply #532541 | Report this post

GWB  
Years ago

If any criticism is levelled at any Australian in this series, it should be Andrew Bogut.

Dellavedova has played his ass off, and while some may question his talent - you can't question his hustle, and until today sadly, his results.

Andrew Bogut has look disengaged on the biggest stage in the world. His aggressiveness has been limited to pulling shirts and fouling out as quick as possible. He has only made 2 attempts at his own shot for the entire series.

Andrew Bogut doesn't lack talent, but in this series he is sorely lacking effort and smarts.

He belonged on the bench today. That is not bagging the guy, that is just being real about what he has brought to the table this series.

Reply #532548 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

He played fantastically game 1 didn't he?

Reply #532550 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Delly that is

Reply #532551 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard......always!!!!

Reply #532556 | Report this post

GWB  
Years ago

Anonymous - atleast delly has had 2 good games. Whats Bogut done? Level the criticism at those who deserve it.

Reply #532558 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

No ones hyping up bogut. He does what he needs to. Remember how when anyone criticises delly you spout off about how he's the best screener in the league and he's only there for defence? Same as bogut

Reply #532560 | Report this post

GWB  
Years ago

Bogut is those things, but he has had a disinterested series. I never said he is the best screener in the league. Your paraphrasing leaves a lot to be desired.

Reply #532562 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Bogut did what he needed to do today - sit on the bench and let the grown-ups play.

Reply #532563 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Someone has said he's the best screener in the league. Just sounded like something only you could say seriously

Reply #532564 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Bogut season stats 6 points 8.5 rebounds 1.7 blocks 1.6 turnovers
Bogut playoff stats 5 points 8.5 rebounds 2 blocks 1.5 turnovers

It might not look like it but he's playing roughly at the same level he did during the season, a season in which he anchored the best defensive team in the league.

Sure he isn't scoring 20 points every four games like another Aussie is but he's doing what he has done all year which led him to be named to the all defensive second team

Reply #532569 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Forget playoff stats. What has he done in the past three games?

Reply #532575 | Report this post

gwb<3delly  
Years ago

Someone has three good games in the playoffs = killing it, gotta buy their jersey, oh he'll get $5m next year easy, could start if he wanted to etc etc

Someone has three bad games = disgrace to Australia, letting his team down, should be embarrassed etc etc

Reply #532576 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Small poppy.

Reply #532577 | Report this post

GWB  
Years ago

"Someone has three good games in the playoffs = killing it, gotta buy their jersey, oh he'll get $5m next year easy, could start if he wanted to etc etc

Someone has three bad games = disgrace to Australia, letting his team down, should be embarrassed etc etc"

I have never said any of those things. Clearly you are mistaking me for someone else. I am flattered you incorporated my name though. You must love the D.

Reply #532579 | Report this post

gwb<3delly  
Years ago

Generally summing up this thread champ, never mentioned you. Do you just constantly live with the butthurt or do you occassionay relax at times other then when you're beating it to Delly highlights?

Reply #532580 | Report this post

GWB  
Years ago

"Forget playoff stats. What has he done in the past three games?"

Well, we are talking about the NBA finals aren't we. Or are we "Talkin bout practice?"

You decide, Mr Iverson.

Reply #532581 | Report this post

GWB  
Years ago

I like to time the orgasm with the splash of the floater, thanks chief.

Reply #532582 | Report this post

gwb<3delly  
Years ago

That's pretttttty strange

Reply #532583 | Report this post

GWB  
Years ago

It's your thought though. You created this monster.

Reply #532585 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Most overrated Australian player of all time. Just like always. Nothing new here.

Reply #533176 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 4:49 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754