Mick
Years ago

Dellevadova NBL

Will delly ever come to the nbl? Would be a marquee signing for melb utd perhaps? Could boost interest from nba fans.

Topic #37231 | Report this topic

Happy Days  
Years ago

Not for aloooooong time!!!

Reply #532251 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

If he keeps playing like yesterday he'll be able to buy the NBL with the spare change from his sock draw after a couple more NBA contracts

Reply #532252 | Report this post

Larry K  
Years ago

If he does we'll need extra floor wipers for the area near where GWB sits.

Reply #532256 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

LOL

Might need one near me too ....

Reply #532257 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

See how is going if Curry comes and drops 45 points on him next game.

Good exposure for a local guy but a bit over the top really.

Reply #532269 | Report this post

GWB  
Years ago

Not sure why my name comes up so much. I defend him like pretty much everyone else with a brain.

Reply #532272 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

He will likely retire in the NBL. The report was he planned on playing in the NBL if the Cavs had cut him instead of chasing the money in Europe. My bet is his last few playing years will be in the NBL before he returns to the States and starts coaching.

Reply #532285 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Even the least amount of money he'll get offered is more than an NBL clubs salary cap. I'll get a date with Kate Upton before he plays here aged under 30

Reply #532294 | Report this post

GWB  
Years ago

I think he will have an NBA contract for as long as he plays with such effort. He is the NBA's Dillon Boucher. He will probably end up here one day, but I think that's a few years away yet.

Reply #532296 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

GWB that effort landed him in hospital at 24. He can only play at this clip for a few seasons. I see 3 more years as a rotation player, 3 years as a Mike Miller type deep reserve / good team mate guy, 2 years the NBL as a curtain call for his home fans, then probably right into an assistant job at St Mary's and probably a head D1 NCAA job by the time he is 40. Anyone who pictures Delly wandering Europe chasing dollars doesn't understand the nature of the bloke. The way he lives, his next NBA contract will set him up for life.

Reply #532303 | Report this post

GWB  
Years ago

He could become use to it. This is the most minutes hes played in such a short amount of time. He also may have forgotten to drink some water. In the end, he was fine, it was all precautionary by the Drs. They wanted him good to play the next night, it would not have come to IV's in any other circumstance.

Reply #532308 | Report this post

Benno  
Years ago

maybe when he is 35

Reply #532322 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

DElly would light up the NBL but he has a lot to prove in the NBA first

Reply #532323 | Report this post

Jono  
Years ago

Not sure water would have helped him a real lot. Pretty sure someone must have given him some diluted Gatorade!

Reply #532328 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Is it time to put Delly into the conversation for best Australian basketball EVER?? He's still only 24!!

Reply #532337 | Report this post

Young Gun  
Years ago

I doubt Delly will play in the NBL. Nielsen has chosen a coaching career over playing in the NBL. Heal had a pretty successful career in Europe and played back here, but he was more of the exception & he had more of a profile in Australia compared to today's players. It tends to be the next tier down who play back in the NBL... guys like Barlow, Kickert & Worthington.

I don't know about you guys, but I found it hard to play with guys with lesser skills in lower leagues as I got older (played till I was 37). I just got frustrated that team mates couldn't make passes, read the opposition and play in sync the way that I was used to. Not that I played at a particularly high level, but the principle is the same.

Reply #532356 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 1:34 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754