Libertine
Years ago

Dellavedova jersey

So I'm back in Australia (Adelaide) for my annual holiday and looking for somewhere that may stock a Delly jersey. Any ideas?

Topic #37239 | Report this topic

LC  
Years ago

Online is the best bet...

Reply #532350 | Report this post

GWB  
Years ago

Speaking of Delly jerseys, what happened to that Aussie Hoops store that was run by basketball australia?

Reply #532353 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I'm down for a Delly Jersey too. I heard that they are on back order.

Reply #532365 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

There's a Facebook page called Cheap NBA jerseys who sells pretty good quality, stitched fakes. Has Finals versions. They come from China and if you googled aliexpress you'd probably find them cheaper but he's pretty good and I've been happy with most of the ones of got from him. $50.

Reply #532370 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Ps this is the ultimate in bandwagonning. Where was this thread when he was averaging 7 and 2?

Reply #532371 | Report this post

NBL Fan  
Years ago

I fine with this thread I just think a holiday to Adelaide is humorous

Reply #532378 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Adelaide lol.

Reply #532380 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Where was this thread when Delly was 16 years old? Why do people want his jersey now that he is in the NBA and successful? How come no one buys Longley jerseys anymore? Fkn bandwagoners the lot of you. You follow players who make it, and you just stop following them after they retire. It's total weaksauce.

Reply #532386 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Dellys been in the league two years. Plenty of time to buy his jersey. Not now he's doing well. That's the exact definition of bandwagon. Supporting someone just because they're doing well

Reply #532396 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Actually I take that back. The exact definition is "wanting someone's jersey now they are successful". I know you were being sarcastic but you really didn't help your cause there with that sentence

Reply #532398 | Report this post

Double Clutch  
Years ago

The OP (Libertine) is from Adelaide but lives overseas, hence the holiday in Adelaide part.

No hope finding a Delly jersey here, probably cheaper for you to book a ticket to Shenzhen in the next AirAsia sale and pick a fake up from a factory there.

Reply #532404 | Report this post

No warning  
Years ago

NBA Aust has online jersey and you can request the number and name on them just costs more

Reply #532414 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Heard on American radio yesterday that Delly singlet is number one in the USA right now. Don`t know if that is right but they said it was out selling Kobe, Lebron etc.

Obviously doesn`t say that he is as good a player as them, but it is great to see that people have noticed him and are getting behind him.

Even if it doesn`t come directly from the Cavs he is certainly going to be able to make a finacial gain from his play of late endorsement wise.

Reply #532425 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Of course it is selling better than well known players. Because everyone already has their jerseys.

Reply #532443 | Report this post

M&M  
Years ago

On Mike & Mike last night they quoted that the "Fanatics" website said that Delly's jersey is the top seller atm. Delly has sold more in the finals than for the whole year.

They also did a great segment on Delly and every other Australian that has ever done anything on American soil, even included a live Skype call to Triple M radio host Ed Caverlee.

Great to see the American sports media and public embracing Delly and anything Australian.

Reply #532444 | Report this post

Ben  
Years ago

Not sure why people are complaining about jumping on the bandwagon because he's playing well. That just what happens.. is anyones favorite player ever a guy that sits on the bench and hardly plays? Anyone a true Brendan Hayward fan around here? That's just how it goes so stfu

Reply #532452 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

You're jumping on an Aussie because he's doing well but couldn't care less when he's stuck to the bench. Be a true fan and support him at his worst don't jump on his back when he's doing well.

How many of you have Bairstow jerseys?

Reply #532457 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

^^^ Stupid comment, so people are to jump on here and write a post about how well Bairstow is playing??????????

Little bit hard to do that.

Based on your comment you want people to come on here and post....

Watching the game today Delly and Bairstow look great on the bench, I love what they are doing on the bench.

Tools.

Reply #532485 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I haven't bought a Bairstow jersey yet so I guess I'm not allowed to get one now or else I'm a bad fan

Reply #532487 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Sure you all still want one?

Reply #532489 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The Kickz101 guys in Perth have been selling Delly Boomers jerseys for a while now.

Reply #532574 | Report this post

Woody  
Years ago

Got one as soon as he was a cav before he gave up his number to Loul Deng.OG rookie jersey

Reply #532673 | Report this post

Cat in the Hat  
Years ago

The best part of this thread is that both Libertine and Double Clutch have made appearances. Just like old times.

Ahhh, the memories.

Reply #532738 | Report this post

Double Clutch  
Years ago

What's hot: Any posts by Cat in the hat.

What's not: Cam Bairstow jerseys apparently.

Reply #532764 | Report this post

Hanging Round  
Years ago

SOOOO, Are Maryborough "jumping on the Bandwagon" by renaming their stadium after Dellavedova?
It's only natural that people want to be associated with success.Chill out and dine on the glory that you knew of him before his recent fantastic success

Reply #532774 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Well, yes. They didn't do it when he was drafted or at any point during his two NBA seasons. Only when he had a couple of decent playoff games.

Reply #532775 | Report this post

Orbs  
Years ago

Was pretty happy to find out that pictures going around of people burning Delly jerseys were apparently Warriors fans mocking Lebron fans, rather than actual Cavs fans jumping off the bandwagon after one game.

Reply #532776 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The retard factor is high in this thread.

Reply #532778 | Report this post

NBL Fan  
Years ago

Indeed it is

Reply #532779 | Report this post

GWB  
Years ago

"Well, yes. They didn't do it when he was drafted or at any point during his two NBA seasons. Only when he had a couple of decent playoff games."

He was drafted was he? Please tell us more :)

Reply #532785 | Report this post

JWall  
Years ago

GWB displaying the fact he has an alert set up to go off whenever anyone posts anything revolving his man-crush yet again

Reply #532786 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Ok so all you gardeners out there who seem to like cutting tall Poppy's, ......put it in another light, not one single "famous singer" was actually famous and had a fan base Until they sold their first record......those asking why no one followed Delly before now, did any one follow Lebron Coby, Shaque when they were in high school, or before they hit the big time? seriously get a grip, the guy IS doing well, he's been given the opportunity to do so and is running with it, give him some credit

And while I'm on the subject of those knocking him, this Olgun Uluc idiot, his tweet about Delly, "I'm glad this Delly phase has settled down, there is a difference between a talented player, and one who tries very hard. Dellys the later

What a disgraceful thing to say

The old saying hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard springs to mind, but Delly did not get to were he is without talent AND hard work.
this idiot, hes not a reporter he's just a kid who thinks he is, he needs to go go get a real job.

Reply #532787 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

No one is saying he is untalented in general, just that he's untalented compared to 99% of the NBA. Hence why he went undrafted, will always be a bench player etc. Hustle players to me are those that have to rely on their effort levels rather than natural talent to keep them in the league. Usually they also are very good defenders. Tony Allen is a hustle player. Pat Beverley. Joakim Noah even. Not stars but they never leave anything on the court.

Reply #532796 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"Coby, Shaque"

No I didn't follow either of those players. I don't even know who they are.

Reply #532800 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Looks like he is back to being Dirty Delly today.

Reply #532813 | Report this post

@Boti  
Years ago

He is totally innocent.
*sticks fingers in ears*
Lalalalalalala! I can't hear you.
Delly is a saint.
*covers eyes with hands during replay*
I don't see anything wrong here.
A saint I tell you!
*blocks another 20 people on twitter*
See, no one is even complaining about him. What's the problem?

Reply #532815 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

What has he done that's dirty so far? I'm the first bloke to call him dirty but I haven't seen anything yet? Maybe held draymonds arm when he fell on him but that's about it and if that's dirty bogut is the dirtiest player in the league

Reply #532816 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

It wasn't that dirty but he definitely dragged Green down. No biggie, but people don't need to leap to his defence so much, or in Boti's case, invent a scenario which didn't occur.

Reply #532820 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

No one is saying he is untalented in general, just that he's untalented compared to 99% of the NBA. Hence why he went undrafted, will always be a bench player etc. Hustle players to me are those that have to rely on their effort levels rather than natural talent to keep them in the league. Usually they also are very good defenders. Tony Allen is a hustle player. Pat Beverley. Joakim Noah even. Not stars but they never leave anything on the court.

Give me a player that works hard and knows the game and continues to develop their talent any day over one who has natural ability but never apply themselves. And delay is certainly talented enough to find his spot in the NBA, just because he missed the initial draft does not mean he is not talented enough, think you will find the rest of the NBA are now looking at him differently.
Steph curry was never considered even good enough for college , he too proved them all wrong

Reply #532823 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yes but Steph was picked 7th overall. Everyone thought he was good enough for the NBA, no one thought Delly was.

Please name 3 NBA players that are naturally talented but don't work hard. I'm so excited to hear who you name. Because I bet you my house id still pick them over a little hamster that occasionally has a decent game

Reply #532824 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

No one thought Steph was college worthy now he's an MVP, all NBA first team etc
Delly killed it in college but now people are mega excited when he manages to score 10 points. If he was so good in college where are all his awards? Why isn't he a starter or 6th man?

Reply #532825 | Report this post

Bear  
Years ago

'Little Hamster' LOL

Reply #532827 | Report this post

Orbs  
Years ago

I'd say a beaver the way he chews his mouth gaurd

Reply #532828 | Report this post

Libertine  
Years ago

All I know is I will be the only guy on the playground in Kuala Lumpur sporting one!! It will fit nicely with my Mills jersey.

I'm in Beijing for work at the end of June, will check out the factories, thanks Double Clutch.

Reply #532854 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

And defence isn't a talent ?????
The game of basketball is not just about scoring

Reply #532856 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

No it's a skill, but he does have that skill.

Unfortunately it's the only skill he has and it's very unfortunate that Kyrie went down and that Delly was forced to play so many minutes with a very small skill set.

Off the bench for 15 a game he won't get exposed anywhere near how much has has the last couple of game

Reply #532858 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 5:31 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754