Sixers Fan
Years ago

Hodgson officially signed by 36ers

He will be with the team for 2 seasons. Why isn't this signing on the NBL website? Sobey's isn't either.

Topic #37416 | Report this topic

Isaac  
Years ago

Ch 10's Nick Wood:

Two young @NBL recruits for @Adelaide36ers signing guard Nathan Sobey and Melbourne development player Matthew Hodgson @TenNewsADEL

Reply #536018 | Report this post

Happy Days  
Years ago

Sobey can play, Hodgson will be training meat.

Reply #536021 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Hodgson doesn't play... Always injured!

Reply #536027 | Report this post

Pathway  
Years ago

They wonder why kids want to go to college.
Pathway for local kids, what pathway!!

Reply #536037 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Sobey is a good addition but you got to wonder why the 36ers are spending money on Hodgson.

211 cm is that the attraction ? just another Ben Allen or worse

Reply #536050 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Read somewhere, the writer was saying he could be the next blocking machine since Simon Dwight.

Reply #536052 | Report this post

swish  
Years ago

Would reckon Adelaide have freed up some room in Salary Cap and Player points be not signing ex Boomer Crawford, Current Tall Black BJ, and NBA expereince Schenscher.

Looks like we've signed two rookies on "long" term deals which proably makes them cheaper per year than a single one year contract.

Surely this means two quality imports! Surely!

Reply #536058 | Report this post

Jonno  
Years ago

I think/(hope) 2 good top notch imports is the aim, Joey has said as much in articles i have read.

Reply #536060 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

last time Adelaide pinched a Melbourne player from the end of their bench they ended up with a kid called Daniel Johnson...

Reply #536070 | Report this post

Jonno  
Years ago

Exactly,

I think Joey has a good record of picking guys to fill the 9th/10th spots and develop into atleast solid players.

Some guys Joey had as youngsters as DPs or 10th men include Goulding, Gibson, Teys, Tragardh with the Bullets or Blaze.

So i trust Joeys selection of players,

Look forward to seeing them play

I just hope Joey brings in 2 top notch and exciting imports, will really help win us games and draw crowds. His import selection is usually good so again i trust he will.

Reply #536076 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

DJ is the one thing Marty Clarke got right

Reply #536084 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Anstey is big on Hodgson. Guess we'll see.

As for pathways, are there strong bigs in the ABL ranks?

Reply #536090 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

People have been big on Hodgson since he was 18. Legit 7 footer with decent athleticism and a bit of shooting range. Outside of exceptional timing and length that allows him to block a lot of shots, the guy has never been able to utilize his natural skills. Temper, injury, and attitude issues left and right.

Reply #536186 | Report this post

Dazz  
Years ago

So how do the points work when you snaffle a DP from another team? Still just one point?

Reply #536409 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 3:26 am, Sat 27 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754