Indominous-Rex
Years ago

What is the maximum salary in the NBL?

Hey guys just wondering what is the maximum amount of money a player can get per year in the NBL today, and this is with out any other third parties helping. Also whats the maximum money a player will get with third parties helping.
And guys I am not talking about 20 years ago, I want to know about this season, and only one player not the whole salary.

Topic #37430 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

What is the minimum ?

Reply #536257 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I don't think there is a max? As long as the team supposedly fits in the $1 million salary cap.

I believe min is $38K

Reply #536260 | Report this post

NBL Fan  
Years ago

Does the NBL even do any salary cap auditing?

Reply #536261 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

That is a very random question. Seems loaded as if you are trying to workout how to become an agent and don't know the market?

Reply #536264 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Don't think it's loaded at all. NBA has minimum and maximum contracts, why can't we know if the NBL has them too?

Reply #536265 | Report this post

Indominous-Rex  
Years ago

Lol no, I was just wondering how much money the highest paid NBL players make...don't get any wrong ideas here

Reply #536266 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

There is no maximum as far as I know. As there is a marquee player rule, in theory an NBL club could offer a player as much as they like.

Reply #536267 | Report this post

Curtley  
Years ago

marquee player and 'Asian' player are both outside of salary cap in theory right?

Reply #536268 | Report this post

Indominous-Rex  
Years ago

Whats an 'Asian' player?

Reply #536269 | Report this post

DaHuzyBru  
Years ago

Every team has a salary cap of $1 million. So in an ideal world, each 10 players would earn $100,000 each, but that is not the case. Imports would most likely receive $150,000 or so, so with two imports, that's already $300,000 gone. Other higher quality players would then get +$100,000, and that leaves not much at all for the bench warmers.

Reply #536273 | Report this post

Dazz  
Years ago

One of those imports can be a Marquee player, outside the cap. I'd imagine a good Marquee player would range from $200~300k.
In theory, a team can pay more, but there's a tax on it and the team still needs to come up with the cash.

Reply #536275 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

marquee player and 'Asian' player are both outside of salary cap in theory right?
The Asian player rule was mentioned as something the league was looking at doing, it doesn't actually exist yet.

Reply #536282 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Kickert makes over 400k. Matt Hodgson will make around 20k.

Reply #536283 | Report this post

MACDUB  
Years ago

Thereotically, $658k

$38k is minimum. Across 9 players (pretty sure 10 are contracted or is it 11?) that is $342k.

Therefore, $658k left over?

Reply #536284 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

No, because each team can spent as much as it likes on the marquee player. That was some creative maths though!

Reply #536285 | Report this post

MACDUB  
Years ago

Of course, forgot about the marquee rule.

Reply #536287 | Report this post

Tornado  
Years ago

There is no max when there is a marquee rule - could be anything?!

Reply #536291 | Report this post

Curtley  
Years ago

The two development players who occasionally end up playing get paid absolutely nothing.

Reply #536300 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

What happens with the development players after two years

Reply #536302 | Report this post

D4444  
Years ago

Development players get nothing when playing at home games (when teams can suit up 12 players) but if they play at away games as injury replacements then they get paid per game based on the NBL minimum rate ($38K) divided by the number of games in the season so for a 28 games season it works out a a pretty handy $1357 per game.

Reply #536313 | Report this post

D4444  
Years ago

After 2 years they must either be signed or released.

Reply #536314 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

It's been $1mil for a while now? Must be time to increase it.

Reply #536358 | Report this post

Indominous-Rex  
Years ago

Anon #358 if you read what I said, you'd know i was talking about individual player salaries

Reply #536553 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Pretty simple and its been answered a squillion times before, now the marquee player is in place there is no max.
There is a min, and that's been answered as well correctly.

Reply #536554 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

How many development players are each team allowed and as these are mostly non paid players do the clubs look in their own back yard for this

Reply #536642 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 7:45 pm, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754