Adults
$ 280

Pensioners / Students / Concession*
$ 220

Children 4yrs - 12yrs
$ 160

Family Ticket (2 adults, 2 Children)
$ 800

Works out to $17.50 per game for an adult to see a very solid team 16 times in the year.

Topic #3750 | Report this topic

Moscow  
Years ago

That is much cheaper than some other cities. Right time to get a job in Brisbane. With the team they've got this season, I would think you will get your money worth

Reply #43680 | Report this post

bad PR  
Years ago

Lots of People complain about sixers prices. Family of 4: approx $650. That's around $10 per person/game. Pretty reasonable. Go and buy one - see willie farley and brett maher.

Reply #43710 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

With the team we've got this season, the price is also right here. Especially if Rogers comes on board. I wouldn't swap this team for any other in the league.

Reply #43715 | Report this post

PH  
Years ago

your not comparing apples with apples because the $650 family is the very far corners and right behind the basket. the family ticket of $800 is the same as the bullets one.

but bullets adult tickets are $280 compared to $325 in little ol adelaide that makes up far more of the sales. you just watch the size of the crowd because the numbers will drop again unfortunatly

Reply #43721 | Report this post

bad PR  
Years ago

my point is, at $10/ticket, no-one has a right to say sixers tickets are expensive. That's a great night out for a family. And let's face it, there are no real BAD tickets at an NBL game. Everyone is close to the action, kids can hang around and ALWAYS get an autograph, and if crowds are going to be as bad as you fear, they can always move down. If people in the public find out about the tickets, instead of hearing rubbish about the prices, maybe crowds will pick up?? More revenue?? Better situation all round?? Take the knife out of the organisation's back and figure out ways to help - if you can be bothered.

Reply #43755 | Report this post

PH  
Years ago

im not a family. how do i get this $10 ticket you talk about?

the organisation can take the knife out of their own back if they werent so lazy.

Reply #43757 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

bad PR, I know you're talking to someone else here, but the tickets aren't that cheap. I share PH's POV that the tickets should be cheaper ($650 is a substantial outlay for a couple who have other things to do, like save for a house, pay off a car, etc). The job of getting ticket prices and information out to prospective fans is that of the club. I think the knife has a BASA hilt and I think that the "if you can be bothered" claim for anyone thinking otherwise is a bit rough -- I have long been a critic of them, yet I run this site out of my own pocket and volunteer my time and ideas for the Sixers game night committee. I have been offered nothing in return.

One thing I've picked up running this site is that you don't know who's posting. You could be criticising a player, a junior, a businessman, anyone. And the suggestion that someone can't be a critic and also a contributor just bugs the crap out of me.

I think it's a bit much to put that guilt trip on fans for suggesting that the prices are one thing holding the crowds back. That said, I agree with EC that this team is going to be great to watch -- let's hope more people show up to see them play.

Reply #43762 | Report this post

Bo Hamburger  
Years ago

Isaac,

the line "the knife has a BASA hilt" is pure gold - it's so noir.

Reply #43772 | Report this post

Kent Brockman  
Years ago

Interesting to note that the sixers and bullets offer the same family package at $800 for very comparable teams.

Both offer great outside shooters and players that look to finish breaks with dunks.

What i do think is worth noting is that the season ticket holders (talking adult prices) seem to encourage people to buy them in Brisbane.

Here there is knowledge that there is $15 tickets available with the ability to move down and sit in spare spots next to someone who is paying the equivalent of $25 for the same seat as a season ticket holder.

It is like buying a pair of jeans for $100 to see them advertised the next day for $80 in the same shop, you just feel a little cheated.

Reply #43775 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

What I find interesting is that there is a single adult ticket price (i.e., no zoning or anything) yet there are four different family options (including a zoned option), yet I'm pretty sure that historically they haven't sold a lot of family tickets? Maybe the flexibility will make that option far more useful this year?

I would have liked to have seen below the concourse $20/game, above the concourse $15/game, and back three rows and far corners for $10/game for season ticket holders. Walk-up prices something like $23, $18 and $12. Make sure the place is packed out because half of the atmosphere of the place comes from a big crowd itself. That way you've got a season ticket available to early-birds for $160 which is a very accessible price for those on a budget but willing to sit right up at the back.

Reply #43779 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

Kent, I don't agree with $100 jeans to be advertised the next day for $80. The reason I am happy to pay for a season ticket is that I have the advantage of having the same seat guaranteed to me. I go to each game, know exactly where I am going to sit and that no one can take that from me. I feel a sense of ownership of that seat. I would not give up that sort of security for a cheaper at the door ticket. You may be able to move closer to the court once you have purchased a cheaper ticket at the door, but you run the risk each time of the "owner" of that seat coming in a bit late. That can be embarassing. You do pay a fair bit for a season ticket, but there are advantages that come with it.

Reply #43883 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 5:18 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754