Sixers Fan
Years ago

Perth Wildcats Pre-Season Vids

Have to tip my hat to the Wildcats for their videos looking into their pre season. Would love to see the 36ers do this and show us things like, athletic testings, beep test, gym workouts, tell us who jumps the highest, runs the fastest, benches the heaviest. Would be cool even to have a player focus and take us around what goes on eg. Gibbo's Diary. They are far and away the best users of social networks and fan interaction.

Topic #37658 | Report this topic

proud  
Years ago

I agree mate and when you consider that the Wildcats could be pessimistic about their roster for this season and hear that the stand outs are the new signings then it instills confidence amongst fans.

I hope that all clubs can do this and if they use some doctoring in making their new import seem greater to get fans excited then that is just advertising isn't it.

Would love to see which players bench press the most league wide etc... could be a way to promote a game between the fastest players or strongest etc...

I absolutely love it

Reply #541698 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Show's what's possible when a team actually staff's their front office unlike Crocs, Hawks, Kings, 6ers

Reply #541728 | Report this post

Granted, not every team can afford the front office staff that the Cats have they have certain non-negotiables. A strong social media presence is one of those. Its the most cost effective way of keeping the fans interested.

The Hawks did it last season with a Carson dunk pre-season which had everyone talking. It seemed they dropped the ball after that.

Reply #541739 | Report this post

RMQ  
Years ago

^that was the only Carson dunk we saw all season!

The Wildcats do employ a full time video manager now. While not all clubs can afford that, I'm sure there are heaps of uni-students that could use the work experience.

Reply #541746 | Report this post

Jacob  
Years ago

The whole "clubs can't afford that" is such a cop out ...

There's alternative ways as already stated ...

Volunteer internships, work experience for uni students as already said etc.

This is the stuff that helps them earn money in the long run... Stop using this cop out for other clubs if you want to bring money in this is the kind of things that need to be done ... And you don't always need money. Think outside the box!

Social media is a free and fantastic platform to engage with existing fans and find new ones... Get your players and coaches to embrace it and involve it. Don't have to employ someone full time.

The wildcats set the standard with community and social media interaction it's no coincidence they're getting 12k people at games

Grrrrrrr

Reply #541794 | Report this post

Matthew  
Years ago

But but but... People wont go to games in Sydney on Friday or Saturday nights because there is too much going on and too much to do!

They also dont like Monday, Tuesday , Wednesday, Thursday or Sunday nights either. Its either a church night or a Renovation show is on tv.

Reply #541807 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 4:02 am, Sat 27 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754