Anonymous
Years ago

Ere is he the answer?

After everyone wanted to cut Ebi after a minor calf strain what are the loyal & patient 6's fans thoughts on him this morning

Topic #38127 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Still not sold, think you need to balance that shooting with the fact that he did not get one in after the half i think. Hope he proves me wrong, potential is there just not sure how reliable he will be.

Reply #552941 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Waiting one game isn't that patient...

Reply #552945 | Report this post

Sixers Fan  
Years ago

He was definitely hot in that quarter but didn't do anything else. If his shot isn't dropping I don't think he can impact a game much.

Reply #552946 | Report this post

Baller#3  
Years ago

One hot quarter and 13 points for the game... I thought the theme around here was if the import wasn't dropping 20 a game they should be gone? Why the sudden change?

Reply #552951 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Have you guys ever given the thought that Joey doesn't need the import/s to be averaging 20+ppg. He wants Ebi for his impact and leadership, and Kenyon for his knock down shooting.

The team is so well balanced between bigs (DJ, Hodgson, Petrie), athletic players (Mitch, Sobey) and shooters/scorers (Kenyon/Ebi), that it doesn't need to rely on one/two players to step up every week.

Can't understand why more people aren't happy with how the team has looked/worked with one another. It can also be a good thing that Ebi was able to be rested/not totally relied on in the second half, as other guys went to work.

Ebi also showed enough that when needed/other guys are struggling, he can be relied on.

Same as Kenyon.. it's a good thing he was able to play limited minutes and rest the shoulder, as he will be a big player for Joey and stand up when needed too.

I personally think the sixers are flying under the radar, and will be around the mark again come finals.

Reply #552973 | Report this post

MACDUB  
Years ago

Need a larger sample size, so let's re-evaluate after 5 games.

Reply #552976 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Everyone wanted him sacked after he hurt a calf in preseason!

We win a game and it's let's give him time.....Loosetge next two and we'll be calling for his head!

Reply #552991 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I wouldn't exactly be trying to use last night's game as some sort of positive, he shot poorly and the 36ers can't afford for him to shoot like that every night.

Reply #552992 | Report this post

POP  
Years ago

Agree that the balance looks great, with Ebe's size a bonus in a guard spot, for me.

However, Mitch Creek has yet to convince me he can actually consistently cut it at NBL level [and I'm not reacting just to last night's game] and Walker really needs to realise that he needs to use his brain as well as his body.

Reply #552993 | Report this post

XY  
Years ago

Ebi is smooth as silk and a classy veteran. Will shoot you out of games occasionally, but will similarly win them for you very quickly.

I was pleased with his game last night even if the second half was a bit more of a struggle. If one more three drops (and several were in and out), all of a sudden the value of his contribution could not be questioned.

Whilst he may be exposed occasionally for his lateral movement on defence out on the perimeter, his size is a great mismatch that will work to our advantage (just like when he backed down, I think, Bartlett at one stage).

I can understand people not being sold on whether he is the import we need to win us the championship, but it really is all a matter of expectations. Ebi so far has been everything I expected him to be and will be a good solid contributor to the team.

Reply #553003 | Report this post

LV  
Years ago

Ebi's a good fit for this team. And he's played under Wright before.

Great second quarter last night. To me he looked like the Ebi of old, maybe one step slower. Yes he's streaky- so what, we already knew that.

Yes, he's old- but younger than- or roughly same age as- most of the San Antonio Spurs rotation- and they're 2nd favourite for the NBA championship!

If you look at the numbers he's put up over the past couple of years in good leagues in Italy, France and Puerto Rico, it's clear he's still got it. Puerto Rico is a great example actually because loads of NBL players have played there during the past couple of years as well- eg: Conklin, Redhage, Lisch, Daniel Johnson, Ennis, Beal. And Ebi's numbers stack up quite well.

Reply #553010 | Report this post

LV  
Years ago

Of course he'll have the odd game where he shoots 6 points at a poor clip, but he'll also go off for 20+ regularly.

You know he has the ability- he's a seasoned pro who's been playing in quality leagues his whole career.

The real question is whether he's the right type of player for this team.

But I'd say for the 36ers, they only have Daniel Johnson as a main go to scorer. They need a good scorer from the wing position- and Ebi will provide that.

Reply #553012 | Report this post

Dave  
Years ago

Over the years the 6ers have always had periods where the offence goes stagnant when teams turn up the defensive pressure and we can't seem to get a shot off. Our other issue has been outside shooting. Ebi seems to have that quick release and confidence that enables him to get good looks on the catch and be an outside threat. If he can have some sort of consistency he we be a valuable addition to the squad.

Reply #553038 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I imagine at full strength ie McNeail fit and healthy, Ebi will be playing the spark plug role off the bench, ala the role Torrey Craig played for Cairns last season.

To me he is well suited to that, will have some big games along the way, and we do at times need a guy who can put up some points from outside so Ebi gives us that.

I dont think JOey recruited him to be MVP so dont hold him to those expectations.

Think of him more as Cairns's Torrey Craig, who must fans are happy with.

Reply #553043 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

Most likely more of a team , now. Rather than one guy top scoring in a team loss

Reply #553290 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 1:54 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754