TR
Years ago

Largest Trade in NBA History

In the largest trade in NBA history, Antoine Walker was dealt from Boston to Miami on Tuesday night in a transaction involving five teams and 13 players. The Heat also acquired point guard Jason Williams and small forward James Posey from Memphis, while the Grizzlies received guard Eddie Jones from the Heat. The New Orleans Hornets and Utah Jazz were also involved in the deal. The trade was larger than a 12-player, four-team deal in 2000 involving Patrick Ewing that had been the biggest in league history.

The AP reports: Miami also received Andre Emmett from Memphis and the draft rights to Roberto Duenas of Spain from the Hornets; Utah received Greg Ostertag from Memphis; Boston picked up Curtis Borchardt from Utah and a package - Qyntel Woods, the draft rights to Spanish centre Albert Miralles, two second-round draft picks and cash - from Miami; New Orleans acquired Rasual Butler from Miami and Kirk Snyder from Utah; and the Grizzlies received guard Raul Lopez from the Jazz.

Topic #3824 | Report this topic

TR  
Years ago

Starting 5 for the Heat is pretty nice, on par with the Pistons and Spurs now...

PG: White Chocolate
SG: Flash
SF: Posey/Walker
PF: Walker/Udonis
C: Shaq

Reply #44478 | Report this post

Bizzy  
Years ago

Will Miami have team of the year or what? They said they wanted to surround Shaq with an all-star team. I think they have done it right there.

Reply #44479 | Report this post

The truth  
Years ago

The heat the big winners in that Trade they have some serious Talent on there Roster now ...
Memphis big Losers they Lost some quality players with not alot at all to show ..

Reply #44480 | Report this post

40th Street Black  
Years ago

There's been more movement than Isaac's bowels after a session at The Imperial Room.

(Mod: Faecal humour, but still funny.)

Reply #44482 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Who plays defence on that Heat team? Do you think everyone will be happy with the amount of shots that they aren't getting. This is waht they would want per game:
Shaq - 20
Haslem - 5
Walker - 20
Wade - 20
JWill - 15
That is 85 shots for the starting 5 alone.

I'm taking bets on when the 1st locker room brawl erupts!

Reply #44487 | Report this post

Kriss  
Years ago

Cant wait to see Jwill alley it oop to shaq and then get right in Kobes face!!

Reply #44489 | Report this post

The truth  
Years ago

Yeah Thats a problem i think most teams Could handle ... To Many Scoreing Options and to Many good Players ..

Reply #44510 | Report this post

TC  
Years ago

Being a huge celtics fan from our perspective the positives are: we got something in return for Walker who was gonna leave anyway, the trade exemptions will prove to be useful, its just a matter of when, realistically we were not going to challenge for the title this year and this helps keep in Ainge's youth movement. With Walker gone, Big Al's minutes are gonna skyrocket.

By getting Woods this should create more roster flexibility as the Boston Herald Sun has reported that he will be waived almost immediatly. Borchardt has two realistic scenario's. The first being that he will be used as trade bait in a later trade. The second, which i am preying for, is that his signing indicates the end of Mark Blount and his horrendous contract which should be possible with the 5.5 mil Trade Exemption we now hold, this way Borchardt should get the chance to prove himself to Ainge and Rivers. We also recieved two second round draft picks which Ainge has proved to be very crafty with, ie Ryan Gomes this year.

This looks as though it will only be the start of the trades for the C's so its not over yet!

As for the other teams, Miami have done extremly well, they now have a very good starting 5 as well as a deep bench, potentially this could keep them in the running for 4-5 years. As for the problems of shots in the team i think they have a very selfess attitude and they shouldnt have much problems with who gets what shots. As for who will play defence you gotta be kidding?! James Posey anyone?! Initially you would have to think that Memphis screwed that trade up... but with Jerry West at the helm who knows what he has planned. New Orleans did well, basically giving up nothing for a couple of role players. JR Smith and and Butler could be a good combo. Utah prbly sorted out some positional problems they had with their team, and the reintroduction of Ostertag will at least give us Sloan v Ostertag fights again! So yeah, I think all teams did fairly well in that trade, but Miami came up considerable winners, if there are no big moves in the East then I expect them to be in the NBA finals next season.

Reply #44541 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 1:50 pm, Sat 27 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754