Jack Toft
Years ago

Kings V Sixers, Oct 23

It's the second game this round for both teams. Kings travelled to Auckland on Wednesday for a 12 point loss, and the Sixers welcome Randle with a 9 point win at home. In the eyes of Sixers fans, he was a hero, in the eyes of Taipans fan, he was "Randle the Vandal" delivering some much needed outside action for the Sixers in his 24 point game. Was this the first game in about ten years where the Sixers got 9 x 3 pointers?

Kings have been playing without Childress (not sure if he's back tonight) but were probably around at Tommy & Renae's last night for pizza in front of Fox checking out their opponents, who match up quite well.

Fatigue may play a part tonight. Without Childress, you would expect the Sixers to control the game, but the Kings have a habit of surprising teams. If they can control their 3rd quarter fade out, Sixers will squeeze a W. If Sideshow Bob is back, then Sydney.

Topic #38276 | Report this topic

Tom  
Years ago

Chill is on minutes restriction but he will still change the game. Cadee and Markovic have no chance of staying in front of Randle, expecting another big night for him. Sixers by 4

Reply #557240 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

With J Chill back, this is a game well worth watching

Reply #557283 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

I think Thornton will guard Randle.

Reply #557285 | Report this post

Bear  
Years ago

Looking forward to another big basketball night in front of the big screen!

Kings at home in a close one...

Reply #557286 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Bear, me too. Loving watching every game on Fox (with a few beers :-)

Reply #557290 | Report this post

Wookiee  
Years ago

I think Thornton will guard Randle.

Oh god, I hope not! He couldn't even stay in front of an out of shape Jett, or a Norton or White in past games!

Reply #557291 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Kings by 2

Reply #557294 | Report this post

Bear  
Years ago

I don't think guarding Randle one-on-one is an option, it will be a team defense and taking him on when you have the ball to try and get some early fouls that will likely be the best ploy...

Reply #557297 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Kings by 7. 36ers on a back to back and less than 24 hours before their last game ended last night.

Reply #557299 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Kings Radio broadcasting the game for those without Fox (audio stream) https://youtu.be/4WRvsU5LLVk

Reply #557352 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Come on Randle let's see back to back epic performances!

Reply #557354 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

If Randle starts getting out of hand I'd throw Childress on him. I can see Carter playing on him

Reply #557356 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

If Carters on Randle then who is on Gibbo and Sobey ????? tasty triple threat .....

Reply #557361 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Sobey isn't smart enough (yet) to use his athleticism. Don't think he needs to have a lock-down defender just because he's athletic.

Reply #557369 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

"I don't think guarding Randle one-on-one is an option, it will be a team defense and taking him on when you have the ball to try and get some early fouls that will likely be the best ploy..."

That's the same any good guard now with the amount of on-balls. The idea of one-on-one match ups is more about what each player can produce against the team defence. The great individual defenders can make an impact, but not usually without good support behind them.

Reply #557370 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

hahahaha Carter?

Reply #557371 | Report this post

Game  
Years ago

"Sobey isn't smart enough (yet) to use his athleticism. Don't think he needs to have a lock-down defender just because he's athletic."

I'd say it is more like Sobey needs more than 1 or two mins at a time to get into the flow of the game and get some confidence. If he gets his confidence and plays with instinct, he will add to the sixers depth, and then threaten Melb Utd with their depth too.

Melbourne UTD have a team in which anyone could go off for a big night, and Adelaide are starting to get there also. Gibbo, DJ, Randle, Peach, all seem to be ready to, along with an early big game from Hodgeson, and in small parts Ebi/Creek. Sobey had a few big games in the pre-season, but I feel if he played some more, he is also a big scoring threat.

I actually think Adelaide have a lot better squad than they are given credit for, and now with a good ball handler that is actually able to be people off the dribble (Kenyon couldn't, don't care what people say about the injury) the key will open up and other guys, if they don't just stand around and watch will be open!

Sixers by 12 tonight, Randle will hurt them.

Reply #557381 | Report this post

Callisto 75  
Years ago

Think Adelaide will struggle with Randle as their guards are weak defenders. I think Khazzouh has the potential to kill Adelaide inside if he can stay out of foul trouble. Be interesting to see how the Sixers hold up on the back2back.

Reply #557386 | Report this post

Kobe24  
Years ago

Well yeah ofcourse the team is now better than people previously believed. They just upgraded one of the imports from a dud to a stud. Wouldnt have overcome that comeback from Cairns lastnight if Randle wasnt around.

Reply #557387 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Kings purely because they will have fresher legs

Reply #557390 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

The Sixers will want to get out of the blocks early. In R1 we saw how they faded away against Perth in the final 5 minutes of the game due to fatigue.

I wondering if Joey should have run the bench out in the final 2 minutes last night.

Hodgson might be the guy to throw on Khazzouh to wear him down a little bit to take him out of the game. You'll probably want a high rotation on Khazzouh to niggle him out of the game. Hodgson is more physical than DJ so send him in to muscle up. Joey could run DJ at 4 and win that spot. Garlepp is solid in 4 and Petrie matches up pretty well IMO. Both hard at the boards and so I think that's a pretty even spot there if that's how that position plays out tonight.

Guard wise, depends on how they match up. I would say Cadee on Randle in defence is how the Kings might play it. Then in offence Cadee follows Gibson.

The three spot is where the game could be won. A fast transition from both teams opens up the opportunities under the basket. A slow, slog with teams set around the key utilising set plays to score could go either way. For Adelaide, a slower game using the full 24 seconds means less fatigue, but the downside is that if Khazzouh dominates inside, it just gives Sydney the edge.

Reply #557393 | Report this post

snooch  
Years ago

You would have to think Sydney quite comfortably given the fatigue factor. If the Kings don't win comfortable with Childress coming back and being at home, you'd have to really start asking questions about them.

Reply #557396 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I would think Sydney have had the tougher week travel wise. They also have less depth.

Reply #557397 | Report this post

Bear  
Years ago

@Jack Toft, some intriguing ideas there mate, just the kind of stuff that has us excited at the mouthwatering match ups of this one.

Who has the better rotations or the deeper bench to compensate for any fatigue issues?

Who can cover their super stars better if they get into foul trouble?

Which imports will fire, does Childress still have a niggle and can his 2IC Thornton come to the party tonight, can Randle turn it on for two in a row or can Ebe find his touch and blow us all way like he did in week 1?

Which coach will get it right and leave enough fuel in the tank of whoever is available at the end to get his team over the line...?

So many ways this one can go and I am keen to see how it goes, bring it on baby!

Reply #557400 | Report this post

Kobe24  
Years ago

Not buying the fatigue factor, back in the day road doubles were very common. If the 36ers aren't fit enough to back up after a 40 minute game 2 hours flight away in Sydney then god help us. The real concern is losing Teys, is anyone else really ready to step up enough to cover his 1% plays... If you have to play a full strength Sydney this is the time to get them, Childress will be a rusty as he is going to be, id say he is still best on court, BUT its a slight angle to go at.

Reply #557406 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

I'd start Randle then, this time.

Reply #557408 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

All depends which Gibbo turns up I reckon.

Reply #557409 | Report this post

snooch  
Years ago

Not buying the fatigue factor,

I'm talking Randle specifically. The guy only flew into Australia from the US a few days ago then played last night. That's a pretty tough ask. Hope I'm wrong, but I'd be surprised if he doesn't suffer some fatigue.
And losing Teys doesn't help Randle's situation because it does lessen their backcourt depth.

Sydney should be up and about with their No.1 guy back too, even if it is only limited minutes. And they're at home - they deserve to start favourites imo

Reply #557411 | Report this post

Kobe24  
Years ago

I was referring to the general consensus about fatigue of playing last night, didn't even read you said anything specific about Randle. Having said that, he is a gamer shouldn't be an issue for a guy like him imo.

Reply #557412 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Randle also only played 20-odd minutes last night if my memory serves me right.

Reply #557414 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Randle also only played 20-odd minutes last night if my memory serves me right.

Reply #557415 | Report this post

snooch  
Years ago

Having said that, he is a gamer shouldn't be an issue for a guy like him imo.

Let's hope so. I didn't make clear what I meant with my original post.

Reply #557418 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

It could be a factor late in the game if Sydney were fresh, but they played a pretty physical contest on Weds and then had to travel a decent distance. Pretty sure other factors will decide this one.

Reply #557443 | Report this post

Kobe24  
Years ago

Ebe done for mine at this point, he gives nothing in any other area besides jacking it every time he touches it. So frustrating.... Randle needs to get in this one to change the tempo.

Reply #557446 | Report this post

MACDUB  
Years ago

Adam 'Flop' Gibson

Reply #557447 | Report this post

Kobe24  
Years ago

Mac dub if that box out and foul over the top call annoyed ya, then dont tune into the next one! Redhage is getting ready haha

Reply #557448 | Report this post

Beantown  
Years ago

Is something wrong with Hodgson? Haven't seen him yet. Our defence was awful for the first 5 mins. Sydney was getting whatever looks they wanted. DJ needs to pull his finger out too, because Khazzouh has killed him early.

Reply #557449 | Report this post

Kobe24  
Years ago

Great Tech by Joey just after a 3 made.... awesome momentum killer. Id be pissed too if the buddy I brought in was making him look this bad!

Reply #557450 | Report this post

snooch  
Years ago

I think I'm ready to concede. Sixers need to pull the trigger on Ere.

Reply #557451 | Report this post

Kobe24  
Years ago

Missed 5 to start the game.... 4 of which hit the rim.

Reply #557452 | Report this post

MACDUB  
Years ago

Wise words Kobe. Mind you he hasn't been flopping anywhere near as much this year because hes hardly got the ball ;)

Reply #557453 | Report this post

MACDUB  
Years ago

The tech worked though! 36ers getting some back to back calls now.

Reply #557454 | Report this post

snooch  
Years ago

Did I read somewhere talk of Childress being on minutes restriction. I guess they're restricting him to the most minutes of anyone on the court....

Reply #557456 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Ebi the only negative for efficiency in the Adelaide team...what does that tell you.

Reply #557457 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Snooch, Sydney know they can't win this without Childress on the court.

Reply #557458 | Report this post

Kobe24  
Years ago

Its more so that he doesnt make up for missing everything by doing any thing else... gets blown by on D and can hardly get off the damn ground for a rebound. The team is playing really well in general though, nice to see they didn't break after the Kings hot start.

Reply #557459 | Report this post

MACDUB  
Years ago

Ebi has an open shot and then decides to take one or two dribbles and takes an ever harder shot.

Would love to see the number of timeouts reduced even just one less each per team.

Reply #557460 | Report this post

Kobe24  
Years ago

Walker has woken up, that tip dunk was nice.

Reply #557461 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I should also say...much like us without Randle on the court and Ebi off it!

Reply #557462 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Sydney getting nothing but doughnuts from its bench.

Reply #557463 | Report this post

Train  
Years ago

Ere is terrible again. 0-7
Wonder how long 36ers will put up with those numbers.

Reply #557464 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

We're about to head into the quarter where the 36ers fall asleep...this quarter could decide the game.

Reply #557465 | Report this post

Doug  
Years ago

I sometimes think Ebi could benefit from being just a spot up shooter but even that seems like a struggle at times.

Reply #557466 | Report this post

Kobe24  
Years ago

Too long. Saw this coming from the get go, but of course its negative to have an opinion that isnt convenient sometimes. He needs to be flipped and the 36ers could cause some serious noise... They would have to admit they got lucky with Randle. Need to capitalise.

Reply #557467 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Train, they shouldn't have put up with Ebi this long...at first it was joke worthy, now its just embarrassing - a decent player in his place could be the difference between a Finals berth or not.

Reply #557469 | Report this post

Hendo8888  
Years ago

Cadee's only had 1 shot tonight.
Sydney effectively have 3 players that are doing anything.

Reply #557470 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Kobe 24, I agree with you mate!

Reply #557471 | Report this post

Callisto 75  
Years ago

Wasn't one of the negative ones but am now if Ere's shot is not dropping brings nothing. Think the Sixers need someone like Torrey Craig.

Reply #557472 | Report this post

snooch  
Years ago

Some nice home cooking in this one..

Reply #557474 | Report this post

Beantown  
Years ago

Waxy! Looks like he's turned the corner after a poor start to the season. Having a big impact in this game!

Reply #557475 | Report this post

Hendo8888  
Years ago

Ere's having his one quarter for the game.
Couple 3s and a free throw.

Reply #557476 | Report this post

MACDUB  
Years ago

Nah I still think Ere can be very valuable especially now with Randle being able to open up space and feed him (quickest import ive seen).

But as mentioned above all he has to do is be a spot up shooter - he did that brillantly against us in the first game. If he stops putting the ball on the floor and trying to attack he will be more effective.

Reply #557477 | Report this post

Kobe24  
Years ago

Haha Hendo i totally agree, I'm waiting for all the 'see he is awesome' posts, just a one trick pony, and the tricks are becoming less and less. Great 2minutes for him though, that 3 at the horn was nice! Kings look just terrible, starting to think that Taipans win they had was a massive upset!

Reply #557478 | Report this post

Hendo8888  
Years ago

Make that three 3s!
He seems to catch fire for 1 quarter most games. And do absolutely nothing for the other 3 quarters.

Reply #557480 | Report this post

Beantown  
Years ago

Looks like Ebi was checking Hoops in the last time out and fired up!

Reply #557481 | Report this post

D4444  
Years ago

I wonder what the Kings excuse will be tonight.

Cotter had to be under pressure.

Reply #557482 | Report this post

Callisto 75  
Years ago

Lol looks like Ere is reading these posts!

Reply #557483 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

It might just be this forum although it seems 36ers fans are the most negative in the league. Likely to great wins this weekend, and mostly hate.

Reply #557485 | Report this post

BigAds  
Years ago

You'll love him, hate him, love him again, hate him again. Ohh arhh, Ebi Ere.

Reply #557487 | Report this post

Hendo8888  
Years ago

All of a sudden, he's on 12 points.

Reply #557488 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Dredds. Shit, Sack Hudson, let Cotter pick his own team. NO more West Sydney connections please.

Reply #557489 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Still shooting at 27% though...don't let a couple of shots fool you!

Reply #557491 | Report this post

Kobe24  
Years ago

Yeah and at a respectable 3-11 shooting... ;) I liked his 3rd period, just need him to do it every quarter, he cant start games 0-7 when all he can do is shoot.

Reply #557492 | Report this post

snooch  
Years ago

This isn't over by a long-shot. Fatigue.

Reply #557493 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

36ers swapped their poor third quarters for the fourth tonight?

Reply #557494 | Report this post

tony2119  
Years ago

Tom Garlepp is utter crap.

He can't move, he can't jump. Look at him shuffle across the court. There's no core strength, no agility, Petrie is owning him.

Oh, but he's a heady role player? Bullshit. He sucks

Reply #557495 | Report this post

Hendo8888  
Years ago

13-2 run and it's back to 6 points.

Reply #557496 | Report this post

Kobe24  
Years ago

Great ball game right now

Reply #557497 | Report this post

snooch  
Years ago

Pity Randle can't get the same reach-in fouls he's been getting called for.

Reply #557498 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

36ers need one more little run to finish this game off...Randle is the man!

Reply #557499 | Report this post

tony2119  
Years ago

Great coaching there Cotter at 3.30. Have all 5 starters fan around the arc and have Kazzouh jack some fadeaway from the baseline

Reply #557500 | Report this post

Hendo8888  
Years ago

Couple settlers by Gibbo and Petrie.

Reply #557501 | Report this post

Kobe24  
Years ago

DJ fadeaway just broke the back!!!

Reply #557502 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Gibbo with back to back Double Doubles.

Reply #557503 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Carter has done pretty well on Randle tonight. Yes, Carter

Reply #557504 | Report this post

snooch  
Years ago

Gibbo 14, 11 and 7. That's the level he needs to be at all the time.
Balls-out win tonight imo

Reply #557505 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Carter is a tenacious defender...always liked what he brought to the table when he played for the 36ers.

Reply #557506 | Report this post

Hendo8888  
Years ago

Gibbo's having a really good round.
14, 11 assists and 7 rebounds to go with his 15, 8 and 6 last night.

Reply #557507 | Report this post

Bake  
Years ago

"It might just be this forum although it seems 36ers fans are the most negative in the league. Likely to great wins this weekend, and mostly hate."

No it's just a couple of legends in their own lunch time making statements in anonymity.

If only the owners could locate and employ these experts. They could save a lot of money, no need for Joey and Brooksy, and all their problems would be solved. I'm sure the players would be impressed with their knowledge and expertise.

Reply #557508 | Report this post

MACDUB  
Years ago

Randle has to be the quickest import we've had in this league?

He's acceleration makes him look like Westbrook.

Reply #557509 | Report this post

Hendo8888  
Years ago

38 DT points from just 4 points for Petrie.
8 rebounds, 3 assists and 3 blocks.
That's what you want from a complimentary piece like him.

Reply #557510 | Report this post

joshuapending  
Years ago

Man took 36ers 1-10 ah! great win for us though.

Reply #557511 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

People are allowed their opinion Bake and funnily enough, sometimes they are right!

Reply #557512 | Report this post

D4444  
Years ago

What was Cotter trying to achieve with that time-out with 39 seconds to go? Moose used to do the same crap all the time. The game is long gone so it's just for show but does nothing except prolong the agony for fans.

Reply #557513 | Report this post

Hendo8888  
Years ago

Probably a little dig at Joey for doing exactly the same thing last night with 1 second left.

Reply #557514 | Report this post

Kobe24  
Years ago

All the compliment type guys gave something and covered Teys nicely. Was really relieved to see Walker offer what he did, and Peach played tough got a hold of a few nice Oboards in the 4th. Nice win, good to see them get tested and not fold, star players were not afraid of the moment and wasn't just one, Randle Gibbo and DJ all hit silencer shots.

Bake remember its a forum, its a place for opinion, right wrong and sometimes crazy.

Reply #557515 | Report this post

Jerry  
Years ago

Kings are not a plyoffs calibare team. The 6ers areclose to being one but you also have Perth, Hawks, Breakers and the United whom all are.

Reply #557517 | Report this post

Callisto 75  
Years ago

Does Thornton last the season?

Reply #557518 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

this is an Adelaide based forum (note 36ers are the only team that has their own forum sub menu)so there is more comment on the 36ers.
negative comments will normally be more prevalent in any discussion because if its all going good, there are no questions/problems etc, you just enjoy the good times. But if things arnt going so well you will look for answers and, engage in discussion on your ideas to fix what ever you feel is not working. I think we see a lot of that on this forum.
That being said, Ive always thought it would be interesting to know how many of the more outlandish anti-36er comments come from interstate trolls claiming to be from Adelaide. As some of the comments are that ridiculous, reactionary or just plain stupid i dont believe they are genuine. But it creates discussion, and that's why we are here. I wouldn't be surprised if Marcus Camby was a creation of mods of this site to encourage discussion. Perhaps its time for this site to take on a more national appearance. With membership and, no anon posting...maybe.
But, besides that...good game coming off last night. Id have to know what $$$ Ebi is on to say whether we sack him yada yada yada.
Still lots of room for improvement in this line up and they going to have to make up that room if they want to be genuine title contenders.

Reply #557519 | Report this post

D4444  
Years ago

Thornton would already have one foot out the door I expect.

Reply #557520 | Report this post

Hendo8888  
Years ago

No anon posting... says the Anon.

Reply #557521 | Report this post

Beantown  
Years ago

^ Agreed, Carter got in Randle's head and did a good job on him. Didn't get enough help from his team-mates though. Sydney not looking too good thus far. Probably the only team in the league who rebounds worse than the Sixers!

Two from two this week is a great result for the Sixers, who had to try and integrate Randle into the team and play twice in two days.

Still some work to do if the Sixers want a spot in the finals, but Randle's signing has them heading in the right direction.

The jury is well and truly out on Ebi. He showed he still has the killer instinct in the 3rd quarter, but we need to see more consistency from him. Joey played him quite a few minutes again though.

I wonder if Ebi is the kind of guy who will work himself into good shape by playing? (Not saying this is ideal, but some players seem to be like that).

Reply #557522 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Joey called that time out with 1 second left to practice running a play in that situation...it's actually good coaching. You get to test a play and also players on how they would go in that situation.

Reply #557524 | Report this post

Kobe24  
Years ago

Whatever Ebe is on id be saving the money... haha

Reply #557527 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

You shouldn't have to play someone into fitness unless they are coming off an injury. Lets not forget, Ebi was with the team for the whole pre-season...which begs the question, just how out of shape was he when he got here?!?!

Reply #557530 | Report this post

XY  
Years ago

Suddenly the Sixers start shooting 30 threes in a game at a high percentage? Amazing what a bit of confidence can do.

Reply #557548 | Report this post

Bear  
Years ago

6'ers earned this victory, but for some reason the game didn't quite reach the heights I had hoped it would. Maybe Childress being injured and the Kings not playing their best, not sure...

One thing is for sure, Joey Wright had an influence on the officials at key moments, smart coach that!

Reply #557601 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yeah that's two nights in a row Joey called timeout with a second to go and why not. Get real time practice of a play although now opponents see what you try to do with that lat second is the downside.

Also reminds me Joey being pissed off for Ebi not running the floor on Wednesday not sure if TV picked it up. I was thinking err Joey he's fat what do you expect.

Reply #557605 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Great 24 hours from Gibson and Petrie, exactly what the team needs from them. Then when you get Randle on fire on Thurs and Johnson smoking tonight it all falls into place, especially with Walker and Ere producing cameos.

Sydney in all sorts if Childress is out again. The question with their roster is who can you rely on?

Childress, sure, after last season I'd say Garlepp but he's struggling this year, and apart from that there are a bunch of talented guys who are inconsistent from minute to minute.

BTW, who picked Randle as Ladbrokes Player of the Game tonight? Gibbo and DJ were clearly the standouts.

Reply #557606 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Re time-outs, don't forget tie-breakers are decided by points differential.

Three seasons ago the Kings effectively made the playoffs ahead of Melbourne thanks to a mid-season Ian Crosswhite three-pointer at the buzzer when the game was over. Every point could count at the end of the year.

Reply #557611 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

I wouldn't be surprised if Marcus Camby was a creation of mods of this site to encourage discussion.
The only especially active mod is likely to be me. And I don't have time to bother doing anything like that. In fact I block/delete trolls where possible that would otherwise generate traffic. If I had time to build up traffic, I'd build in reply notifications and things like that - that might 1.5x traffic, I'd guess.

Last 7 days post count is above 2,000 (it's usually 7-900). People find enough to talk about without me inventing anything.

Reply #557618 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

paul, agree. Randle seemed like a hype pick. DJ or Gibbo should've got it for sure.

Reply #557620 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Oh well, can't complain about NBL hype I suppose!

Reply #557625 | Report this post

Rat10  
Years ago

Really enjoyed that game, might have been because I had a few post work beers also but really entertained. How many big shots did the Sixers hit!

Enjoying how potent the Sixers are offensively. For a big man DJ has such impressive range on his jumper and some incredible moves around the ring. Sure he still puts up the odd ill-advised shot but his shot selection has drastically improved from a few years ago. He used to frustrate me no end but I'm so glad he's back with the Sixers after his stint in Europe.

Gibbo and Randle are two legitimate scorers who can knock down the three or mid-range jumper. Then you have Petrie chipping in, Ebi hitting some massive shots and when Lucas Walker plays like he did tonight, the Sixers are hard to handle. How good was Walkers put back dunk also!

Reply #557670 | Report this post

dave  
Years ago

Always fun reading the threads associated with SA teams I enjoy your passion and knowledge of the game. Now forgive me if this has been mentioned previously but I nearly fell off my couch....and it's a big couch.....I thought I heard Heal question Randels shooting technique, it still makes me laugh!

Reply #557696 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Heal needs to get out more and learn to use some technology and do his history homework. 93%FT, almost 50%@the 3, and crazy handles and ability to use his team mates and create with such great vision. His resume is full of facts and success that any player would love to boast but he is not a boaster, just gets it done and after 2 back to back tough games and an interstate flyover and landed in the team after OS travel from US 3 days ago And not to mention his creation of some attitude already and shooting inspiration in the team.... Really Shame opps Shane !!!!!

Reply #557698 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

BTW, who picked Randle as Ladbrokes Player of the Game tonight? Gibbo and DJ were clearly the standouts.

Agreed, Fox probably a bit too keen on him. He deserved it against Cairns, not so much against Sydney.

Gibbo 2 good aggressive games in a row, interesting. Also DJ was spot on tonight

Reply #557702 | Report this post

Ruszo  
Years ago

Great entertainment!!! We really enjoyed watching the game last night!

What is happening with Hodgeson?

Reply #557703 | Report this post

XY  
Years ago

Hodgson made a mistake on offense resulting in Gibbo's pass sailing wide and Wright immediately benched him for the night.

Reply #557709 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:35 am, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754