Anonymous
Years ago

What happened to Devlin?

With Homicide Williams and Brad Robbins commentating tonight and Trevor Gleeson also in the building, it brought back memories of the Perth-Townsville rivalry of a few years back.

One key guy who was missing was Simon Devlin, a noted Perth "super fan" who was known for always being in his courtside seat and being very talkative to the players. Homicide once famously said "that bald guy on the sideline in Perth, he kills me!"

I don't think he's been there all season (was he there last year?). For one of the most iconic and die hard fans, that seems unusual. Was there a falling out, or does he not reside in Perth anymore?

Topic #38403 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

I was wondering the same thing- don't think he was there last season either but definitely not this season! I'm pretty sure he still lives in Perth (his kids go to school with our family friends kids)

Reply #562134 | Report this post

Dazz  
Years ago

They have changed the courtside seating, not as comfy as it once was. He may have changed it up for a corporate box.
He's a got a few different irons in the fire now, not just the Cigar Shop.

Reply #562142 | Report this post

kaiju  
Years ago

Hype Tours my friend!!

Reply #562143 | Report this post

Years ago

lung cancer?

Reply #563450 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 11:33 pm, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754