Anonymous
Years ago

Dejan ‘DJ’ Vasiljevic Joins Big V team

So is DJ heading to a college mid season or overseas league?

This seems to make little sense otherwise as a SEABL team then looking to NBL/ College surely would be better for his development.

The Big V league is only been getting weaker in the last few seasons with no NBL guys dropping back anymore so I'm trying to workout the logic unless they are throwing him a heap of cash

Topic #38580 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

I am trying to work out the logic of this thread!

Reply #567658 | Report this post

JMc  
Years ago

Presume he will head to College mid season as Matt Mcarthy did last season when playing with DV. McAughtry must be tight enough with DJ so got him there.

Reply #567676 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Big V SCM is better than most people on this forum give it credit for.

Reply #567679 | Report this post

anonymous  
Years ago

I agree, give BigV Champ some credit...It is a better league than people suggest and a lot of current players in the NBL have played BigV!!!

Reply #567695 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Ben Simmons played Big V

Reply #567702 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Many moons ago it was stacked with current NBL players in the offseason not so much anymore hence as an overall it probably doesn't have the depth.

It is still a solid state level Como but probably not the depth of a few years back

Reply #567703 | Report this post

anonymous  
Years ago

Joe Ingles, Tommy Greer, Daniel Johnson, Corletto, Burston, Tragardh, David Barlow, Crosswell, Rhys Carter, Daniel Dillon, Corey Maynard etc have played in BigV can't be too bad....

I do agree that it isn't as good as it once was though..

Reply #567714 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

It used to mix up and comets with those players back from college & NBL offseason.

Not really the case any longer for whatever logistical or financial reason.

Reply #567723 | Report this post

Tyrell  
Years ago

Is he related Pero Vasiljevic?

Reply #567747 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Son

Reply #567754 | Report this post

Alpha  
Years ago

He'll go to a college mid year so really does not matter where he lands in meantime. Probably playing BigV for DV and Al Mc is a better option in terms of minutes than some SEABL teams giving lots of minutes to senior players. Also as far as I am aware his sister also plays for DV, so some connection there too.

And Pero is too young to be his father :) not sure if they are related though

Reply #567806 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Goes ok the kid...

Reply #567821 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:40 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754