Anoniguy
Years ago

NBL Team Logos

Most of the teams logos look pretty decent, but I have an issue with the Breakers logo, looks like a 12 year old created that in Powerpoint or something.

Adelaide's to an extent need a bit more graphics.

Taipans, Crocs and Hawks all look awesome and professional.

Topic #38581 | Report this topic

Anoniguy  
Years ago

http://www.boydznthehood.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/09/NBL-Logos-Season-Preview.jpg

Reply #567736 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I like all apart from NZ.. Perth and Sydney nice and classic.

Reply #567742 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

36ers one is the worst, NZ isn't great. Rest are fine.

Reply #567743 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

36ers & Breakers are a bit on the boring/unimaginative side. United's one doesn't do much for me either to be honest.

Not that it really matters. Being identifiable probably is the most important thing for a logo, which means it really just needs to be inoffensive enough that it doesn't need changing, so that it can be used for an extended period of time and build up a recognition factor with people.

There are some pretty lame logos out there for some very popular teams in other sports and it doesn't seem to hurt them.

Reply #567744 | Report this post

Breakers could be making better use of their team name "Breakers". Get a wave in there instead of the clip art basketball.

I preferred the previous incarnation of the 36ers Logo, i felt it was a stronger, better balanced mark. The others are all pretty good though.

Reply #567751 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

We should go back to the old style with the big 36ers almost like on the hats you can get.

Reply #567759 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Crocs have revamped theirs this year too

Reply #567761 | Report this post

Anoniguy  
Years ago

Ah, yes. The font looks a lot better now on the Crocs logo.

Reply #567764 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Brisbane Bullets new logo very nice and clean too.

Reply #567766 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

most are stale and need a redo

Reply #567775 | Report this post

mystro  
Years ago

"Breakers could be making better use of their team name "Breakers". Get a wave in there instead of the clip art basketball."

The Breakers name is in reference to running the fast break, not the beach.

Reply #567781 | Report this post

36Boggers  
Years ago

Yes... so many of these logo need major upgrading. Perth have made theirs look out of balance with that red key line now - just doesn't suit it at all. I've had my fair share at redesigning and submitting my logos to these mentioned teams. Not sure if Issac will allow me to post a link, but this is something that I've put a bit of time into before.

Reply #567790 | Report this post

Anoniguy  
Years ago

Would love to see bro.

Reply #567791 | Report this post

RMQ  
Years ago

In a comp of 8 teams I don't know why two teams need to both wear "Red, Black and White" as their colours.

Reply #567792 | Report this post

Gil Renard  
Years ago

RMQ, so as team's drop out, the remaining teams should change their colours?

Maybe Perth could have stuck with yellow, black, grey.

Hawks have used red, white, black since their second season.

Reply #567797 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Is Melbourne United's logo, a man standing with his hands on his hips, with a hoody on and the basketball as the head? (That's the way I see it)

Reply #567827 | Report this post

Jackson G  
Years ago

Either that, or he is graduating with a sash on and a ball as his head..

Reply #567829 | Report this post

36Boggers  
Years ago

If Isaac allows - I'd love to show people my concepts - https://www.behance.net/nahumziersch

Reply #567833 | Report this post

Sixers Fan  
Years ago

Those 36ers ones are amazing! Changing that dark navy to a more royal blue and a sharper yellow would be more like Sixer colours.

Reply #567834 | Report this post

Sixers Fan  
Years ago

You have talent mate you should take these to the NBL and the clubs.

Reply #567835 | Report this post

proud  
Years ago

I think the Wildcats logo is awful and the circa 1995 logo of the wildcat with the the red flames or whatever it is just looks cooler and it goes with our red jersey... Not sure why we have orange in the jersey.

Didn't Illawarra have green in their jerseys when CJ Bruton played for them?

Reply #567843 | Report this post

Speed44  
Years ago

@ 36Boggers - Why the NBL and clubs don't come running to guys like you and the guy that designs uniforms (forgot his name), I have no idea. Everything you and he do, beat anything the NBL has ever had, hands down.

Your logos for the 36ers are the best logos that club would have EVER had. I would absolutely buy that t-shirt, even though I have never bought any Sixers merch in my life.

Reply #567848 | Report this post

36Boggers  
Years ago

Appreciate the kind feedback people!

Sadly it just seems to be one of those hard things to gain full trust from a pro club, that a sole freelancer is capable of delivering a good product. I have tried on numerous occasions over the past 5 years to make inroads into the 36ers and many other clubs. I always wonder myself who designs these club logos and it almost always leaves me disappointed...

I've always liked the Cairns logo - they got it right from the start and its stood the test of time! It could do with a slight update, but otherwise its what a good basketball logo should be.

Reply #567856 | Report this post

Bunk Bed Bros  
Years ago

@proud yeah there was a teal bit (maybe a pinstripe, and another year had a thick strip) in the uniform, but again they were black, red and white mainly.

Reply #567860 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

I like the 36ers Iconmarks

Reply #567862 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

NBL is tied to ISC.

Not sure about but 36BLOGGERS, but some external designers are exclusive to their employers and can't always just freelance.

Reply #567870 | Report this post

RMQ  
Years ago

36Blogger you are the best NBL Logo designer in the nation!

It's a shame the clubs don't listen to the people when someone like yourself produces some quality!

I have a challenge for you.

Take each team and their main sponsor (the one that takes priority on the team's jerseys) and design a good looking jersey.

I'm interested to see what you can come up with. Maybe even use that dope 36ers logo you've made.

Reply #567875 | Report this post

Anoniguy  
Years ago

Love the designs, what kind of feedback do you get from clubs?

Frankly, I'm surprised they don't go with freelancers, they tend to be more passionate and skilled than so called professional branding/logo design companies.

The other guy Speed34 was talking about is here:

http://www.projectthirtyfour.blog.com/

Reply #567876 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

RMQ,

Why just one logo? Simply not viable.

Front has a Major, a huge ISC logo in the centre which must be part of the contract, a big NBL logo in comparison to NBA, and another huge one on the opposite side.

The back also has two.

It's all well and good to say they look crap, but who is going to foot the bill by removing hundreds thousand of dollars worth of branding?

Reply #567894 | Report this post

RMQ  
Years ago

Only one logo coz i didn't want to create too much work.

The minor (smaller) logos can be placed on the shoulder/chest area and lower back under the number. They don't require as much integration as the major sponsor.

Make something look good that sells more and that is more attractive that people actually. I'm not saying make the major sponsor logo smaller, I'm saying make the overall integration of it more attractive.

Reply #567909 | Report this post

36Boggers  
Years ago

Right on the money in regards to team Sponsor logos taking up more space than the team logo/name. I think the NBL needs to reconsider this aspect too, and I'm not saying do away with the sponsor logo, the fact is they should work in with the team design/colours, and not be forced to stick it on there with a big box shape.

Its like the EPL for example, they have big sponsors on their front, but at least it fits in with the colour/style of the overall teams look. I really wish the NBL would make the team come first and not the sponsor - I totally understand the need for promoting the sponsor, but the fans aren't there to see them. This is basically the reason I haven't bought any NBL merch, because the jersey's are like billboards instead of a classic uniform.

Reply #567914 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

did someone use the word 'dope'? lmao

Reply #568348 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 2:02 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754