you must be joking
Years ago

NBL site is crap???

anybody else think it is crap? Very slow to navigate and not user friendly.

Topic #38745 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Better than the old one but it's so slow to load on phones

Reply #572233 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

Perhaps the NBL need Bernie Finigan to design it better

Reply #572234 | Report this post

PeterJohn  
Years ago

Yes, it's poor.

Anon - it won't load at all on my 'phone (iPhone 4 - provided by my work) but the old one would. Page rendering generally has been pretty poor on all devices I've used (iPad, iPhone, laptops with and without external monitors). That's improved over the season (they got rid of the infuriating 'sign-up' pop-up and a few other things were fixed) but some problems remain. e.g., page headings overlay and obscure scores on live stats.

I find it more difficult to find what I used to regularly access on the old site. Some things I can't find at all. e.g., the old site had a page that listed all games for the season with scores for games already played. I used to refer to that regularly. I haven't been able to find any equivalent on the new site.

That said, the Stats Central page on the new site is pretty good. It allows more flexible analysis and profiling of players and teams. Certainly better than what was possible with the old site. It's one of two things I rate better than the old site. The other is the lack of broken and incorrect links, which abounded on the old site.

However, I can't find historical stats before 2008-09 season. Luckily I bookmarked the old historical stats so I can access them using that old location for years before 2008/09.

Overall, I could use the old site more easily and got more value from it than I do the new site.

Reply #572235 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

I'm not a fan either. It's bloated pile of rubbish IMO.

Reply #572243 | Report this post

Dazz  
Years ago

It's rubbish.
Considering the emphasis that was put on re-branding and re-launching, its a big disappointment. There are bits that are cut off, other bits don't load properly, and the whole effect is just one of a poorly laid out mess.
The previous version wasn't great, but at least I could find my way around. I have not yet figured out how to get into any detailed stats. I assume its there somewhere, but so far, it just pisses me off too much to try.

What really pisses me off is that they seem fixated on this AFL style of integrated sites, where each team site is really just an offshoot of the main. Cats used to have a great site, now what they have is garbage.

Reply #572253 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Bloated, poor lay out and navigation.

Reply #572255 | Report this post

Hendo8888  
Years ago

It's almost unusable on mobile. You wait like 5 mins for a page to load, so you can click the live stats on the game you want, then you click it and it still jumps to a different game.
The Australian version of the NBA site is just as shit though.

Reply #572257 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

I can't remember ever going to the new website to find something, and succeeding. That never happened with the old one.

Trying to look up past games is impossible. You have to manually click through each round on the gameday bar. It's annoying enough if you're looking up a game from two weeks ago, completely useless if you're trying to find all the times Adelaide have played Melbourne. Used to be I could go to the Fixtures page, select either Adelaide or Melbourne, and then Ctrl+F the other one, and I'd get all the dates and results in seconds.

Reply #572258 | Report this post

ROFLcopter  
Years ago

The iPhone App is world class.

GAF about the website.

Reply #572261 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The hype surrounding the NBL new branding has settled and now you can truly see the cracks of where the NBL still have a long way to go. Kettleman having a IT background you think would mean the NBL site should be 2nd to none.
But instead its a average website as you all are now starting to see.

Don't get caughtup in the hype or you soon will be disappointed!!

Reply #572264 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 3:38 am, Sat 27 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754