Northerner
Years ago

Gaze coming to Marion

Just been to Dymocks at Marion, and saw Gaze has released a new book and will be appearing at the The Marion Cultural Centre - Domain Theatre on Tuesday 23rd August (7:30 - 9pm). It says on the flyer I picked up that bookings are essential on 8375 6855. He will be available to sign his book afterwards.

Sounds like a top night to go to.

Topic #3905 | Report this topic

Bo Hamburger  
Years ago

I have it on good authority the book is titled "Enemies I Have Made", and is exactly 2 pages long.

It was going to be called "How To Play Defense The Gaze Way" before it was realised that this would be even shorter than "Enemies I Have Made".

Reply #45548 | Report this post

wak  
Years ago

I heard it's a massive series titled 'How to sit on a fence'

Reply #45550 | Report this post

Dr Bullshit  
Years ago

haha love it

Reply #45562 | Report this post

igotmadskills  
Years ago

i heard it was "how to never get a foul called against you". most of the credits go to the umpires.

Reply #45569 | Report this post

Dr Dunkenstein  
Years ago

i've just received an exclusive insert from his new book.

Chapter 4: Coaches

"Over my long and illustrious career, the thing that allowed me to grow and develop as a player is the number of coaches i have played under. From my junior level with the Melbourne Tigers under Linsday Gaze, right through my senior Tiger career under a bloke named L.Gaze and even my early Boomer career with dad as coach, every single different coach has shown me something different. My three favourite coaches of all time are:

1. Senior Tigers: Linsday Gaze
2. Junior Tigers: Linsday Gaze
3. Boomers: Linsday Gaze.

Thanks coaches, without all of you, i wouldn't be the player i was."

Reply #45573 | Report this post

Kent Brockman  
Years ago

Have picked the book up and it is quite good reading especially about the Boomers and various games at Olympics and World Champs etc.

Reply #45590 | Report this post

Bo Hamburger  
Years ago

Here's what I like to read in a book about Gaze; Kent, is any of this in the book?

- How to hit jumpshots hit from the carpark with a hand in your face at an elite level for 20 years

- How to snap defenders' necks on backcuts despite every team he's ever played against knowing every single nuance of their offense

- How he used to throw it down with AUTHORITAH on the break (OK, maybe this won't be in the book)

It's easy to joke about his lack of defensive and athletic ability (and I like to at every available opportunity) but Christ he could move without the ball, get open, and shoot the ball.

I reckon a Gaze DVD showing all his higlights over 20 plus years would be good value, too. I'd love to see footage of him with non-grey hair and skinny as, carving up the league for 40+ppg circa the mid 80s.

Reply #45602 | Report this post

Kent Brockman  
Years ago

He mentions how he learnt to go back door playing jungle ball as a 14 year old against Goorj, Bennie Lewis and Al Westover when they were players.

Plus as a 16 year old filling in at Boomers training to make up the tenth player in a scrimage when one of the players was injured. Imagine that as a kid!

He does spend a lot of time going through the "my dad was the national coach issue".

He coped a fair bit about this when he was young even being booed as a 14 year old when he go the MVP in a tournament for being Lindsay's son.

Reply #45607 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:31 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754