Aussie
Years ago

Steph Curry worth $14 billion?

Wow!!

Article here: http://www.perthnow.com.au/sport/analyst-projects-stephen-curry-may-be-worth-14-billion-to-under-armour/news-story/f34f19cf36797d3e4f02d5ed476f4c99

Topic #39109 | Report this topic

ME  
Years ago

I find that pretty unlikely.

Reply #581472 | Report this post

Wilson Sting  
Years ago

I contemplated buying a pair of UA shoes purely because of Steph Curry.

Reply #581485 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

He's been a great pick up for UA, is profile has really put their brand on the basketball map.

It makes it quite a costly decision by Nike to not allow him to put a small bible verse on his signature shoes.

Reply #581490 | Report this post

Dazz  
Years ago

It's not impossible.
The sportswear market is huge, and the margins are often stupendous. Companies can make shoes for a couple of dollars and flog then for a couple of hundred if they have the right Star's name. It's bizarre.
Personally, I think its disgusting, but that's America for ya.

Reply #581495 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

A billion to pro athletes is like a million for us common folk.

So 14 big ones for them isn't out of reach if you invest the endorsement and salary income wisely like Magic did for example.

Reply #581497 | Report this post

Sitiveni  
Years ago

Can't remember the players name, but in the late 70's he was offered to be a share holder in Nike when they started and instead chose the cash, he would have been worth billions now if he took the original share offer. Was it Walt Frazier?

Reply #581524 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

What a fool whoever it was. Equity > cash

Reply #581546 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"Spencer Haywood turned down a 10 percent ownership share in Nike on the advice of his agent 30 years ago.

According to the report, Nike offered $100,000 or 10 percent of the fledgling company for Haywood — 21 years old at the time — to promote its brand.

Haywood took the money (via Fox Sports), resulting in a hefty commission for his agent. Forbes places Nike's current value at $86.2 billion."

Greedy agent.

Reply #581550 | Report this post

Ricey  
Years ago

Maybe if all those Christians buy his shoes he will be worth that much, but no way in hell will he be worth 14 billion to Ua

Reply #581832 | Report this post

Sitiveni  
Years ago

Yeah Haywood was the guy I was talking about.

Reply #581836 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:53 am, Sat 27 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754