ME
Years ago

Andrew Bogut with groin strain

Andrew Bogut has been diagnosed with a right abductor strain which may keep him out of action for a short time.

I hope they manage this injury right so he doesn't end up out of Rio. But at this point, it seems to be a fairly minor injury.

Topic #39363 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

will only be a heart strain that keeps him out of Rio

Reply #587219 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Screw Rio! The Warriors need the big man up and running for the title run! Go Dubs!

Reply #587221 | Report this post

Wwizard  
Years ago

who would be the ideal replacement in the current group should he not be able to to go to Rio?

Reply #587224 | Report this post

ME (he/kangaroo)  
Years ago

Well, there isn't a good replacement. But Baynes did his bit in the World Cup, and I'd suspect it would be him.

Having said that, we have three months til the games, and two months until the warm up tournaments - this groin strain will not keep him out.

In other Olympic news, there is talk of the Rio games being postponed, moved, or cancelled due to the Zika virus epidemic in the city. The story is doing its rounds in a few places, but it is only based on what a Canadian doctor says should be done and not on any specific plan.

Just another thing to look out for.

Reply #587226 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

So what is the issue? Has he kidnapped anyone lately?
I thought is was called adductor. ;)

Reply #587229 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Would be crazy to go there imo. Thats Virus and that part of the world in general with violence etc is messed up.

Reply #587230 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yes clearly the Olympic Village will be a threat.

Reply #587231 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

wow, who could have predicted this?

Reply #587237 | Report this post

Cram  
Years ago

"Would be crazy to go there imo. Thats Virus and that part of the world in general with violence etc is messed up."

Brazil is a bit of a mess at the moment no doubt, but it's not Syria. I'm living here now and sure you have to take precautions, but it isn't as bad as the media makes out.

Reply #587246 | Report this post

PeterJohn  
Years ago

Anon 587229 - there are adductors and abductors of the thigh (hip). One set pulls the thigh towards the body's mid-plane and the other pulls it away.

Reply #587249 | Report this post

ME (he/kangaroo)  
Years ago

From what I am reading it appears the games will go ahead either way. I certainly hope they do. Just don't fuck anything, don't drink their water, and spray mosquito repellent everywhere lol

Reply #587250 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Andrew Bogut will not return in Game 5 for the Golden State Warriors as he left the game at halftime with a right adductor strain according to the team.

Reply #587254 | Report this post

Hoopie  
Years ago

As long as he's there against OKC cos he should dominate Adams and Kanter

Reply #587284 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Groin injuries are found in the adductor muscle group. Adductors of the hip (there are only two) are on the outside of the leg. Not really part of the groin.

Reply #587301 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

wrong.

Reply #587302 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

How? If your hip hurts so you say you've hurt your groin?

Reply #587306 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"A pulled groin muscle usually refers to a painful injury sustained by straining the hip adductor muscles. These hip adductor muscles that make up the groin consist of the adductor brevis, adductor longus, adductor magnus, gracilis, and pectineus."

Of those 5, exactly zero are not located in the inner thigh...

Reply #587307 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 3:12 am, Sat 27 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754