Degenerate
Years ago

Grand Final Reviews

Women:
Forestville def. North Adel.

Forestville played a strong game, the game did get close, even in the last quarter, but Forestville was to strong and grabbed a well earnt victory. Great effort by North to stay in it, their suppourters also were excellent, clearly out numbered by Forestville, still managed to be heard and was acknowledged by Forestville's girls after the match.

Men
Woodville def. Forestville

Nail Biter! The lead changed many times during the match, especially the last qtr. Woodville's small men grabbed a lot of rebounds, and would be interesting to see how many they got.

Good back-cutting by Woodville, but the overall effort of Forestville's men was excellent even until literally the last shot with less than a second to go went up, to send it to overtime (it went in and out), made Woodville winners by 3!.

Woodville's celebration was big on the court and after the game, and I am sure the celebration would still be going, these sides were obviously very evenly matched, Woodville though, was the better team tonight and picked up a big win, good for them and their club, though you can't take anything away from this Forestville side.

-The stats should tell the story, can't wait until they're up, others may also have other information... please feel free to add.

Topic #3946 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Dgen. zI seen u play on friday. Player to talker u should retire into thje social comp. No disrespect intended .

Reply #45999 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

tad harsh
maybe you should sober up before putting figures to keyboard

by observing your post you appear
insensitive and inarticulate to the extreme

well done on the write up degenerate
they were both great games and the best teams on the night won

Reply #46012 | Report this post

Moses Guthrie  
Years ago

Personally, I've found the D-gen to be quite funny over the years, even if they did finish The Late Show a bit early for my liking.

Now it's over to those old intellectual sparring partners, Graham and "The Colonel" (had to put that in "" or it would get barred!).

Reply #46018 | Report this post

Moses Guthrie  
Years ago

Personally, I've found the D-gen to be quite funny over the years, even if they did finish The Late Show a bit early for my liking.

Now it's over to those old intellectual sparring partners, Graham and The C.o.l.o.n.e.l. (Damn this is getting difficult, Isaac!).

Reply #46019 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

'tad harsh
maybe you should sober up before putting figures to keyboard

by observing your post you appear
insensitive and inarticulate to the extreme'

was meant to the poster who said deg should play social grades

not to degen about his write up which i thought was good

Reply #46028 | Report this post

Take Luck  
Years ago

ohh yes the celebration was big on court and it did continue on till the early hours. wat a game wat i nite. man i dont feel well. may go lie down.

Reply #46030 | Report this post

Degenerate  
Years ago

This is the first year I have posted

Reply #46041 | Report this post

Degenerate  
Years ago

When did you see me play on Friday

Reply #46042 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

DEANo is da man

Reply #46050 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Who is Deano?

Reply #46051 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

dean kingsman of course!

Reply #46063 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yes good old Dean

Reply #46064 | Report this post

egalitarian  
Years ago

Any reason only half the scoreboard was used? ie no details of the five on court nor players names fouls and scores? The screens were empty. The scoreboard facing the entrance was also giving wrong scores!

Reply #46173 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

the main scoreboard or the cube can only be used if the computer used during NBL etc has been set up.

it obviously wasn't in use saturday night.

the western end board has malfunctioned often this season and shows odd scores like 3 to 66 it appears to have a mind of its own.

Reply #46191 | Report this post

cheezeburger  
Years ago

matt elder had a huge game.he always looked like he was gonna score every time he got the ball in his hand.great game by g pascoe.massive 3 pointer to break the game open followed by a foul shot.fuller did his job and much more.dix didnt dominate.rees and elder did well on him.gange was cold all night.cam wilson carried his toops to the holy grail.big win.

Reply #46198 | Report this post

croc hunter  
Years ago

green train is leaving all aboard
its heading east south east
the KB express next stop geelong
go the green train yeah!!!!!!!!!!

Reply #46216 | Report this post

w/d 2 da forestville girls altho i think a tad lucky, north girls didnt shoot well until the last few mins, eg. tania dhu 0/10 from three all makeable shots (mayb slight exaduation on the stat) if even half these went in games woulda been a totally did story, well done 2 both teams. PS rhees hit a 3 4 woodville funnyest shot ive seen in a long tym, added a touch of humor 2 a quite boaring game

Reply #46220 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

why don't you just crucify the english language

Reply #46223 | Report this post

if was written in a hurry get ova it, soz bout da mistakes but im sure u get the picture

Reply #46225 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

It's slow to read poorly written sentences. Please take the time to show respect for forum readers by at least attempting to write correctly.

Reply #46234 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

cheeze you clown.

Were you even at the game???

When Elder and Rees were on Dix, F/ville were getting good looks. It was Puddifoot who was able to guard Dix. He played one the best defensive games i've seen in ABL.

Don't just talk up the players who gave you their autograph. I know its exciting meeting some ABL'ers, but at least give credit where credit is due.

Reply #46245 | Report this post

cheezeburger  
Years ago

yeah i was at the game you unknown random person.dig a hole you random.dix hit 7 from 21.fine pudds and elder and rees BOTH did well on dix.u must of have nachos cheese and sauce all over your eye balls,with that rare comment u made.ive rated pudds game since he came to woodville,he should be in the sixers sqaud.but i guess phil doesnt like players who arnt a offensive threat.his game is biult around his strong d and rebounding.

anonymous you must be walking around with empty baggage.post under a legit name you random.

Reply #46356 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

"i guess phil doesnt like players who arnt a offensive threat."

Cheezeburger, meet David Cooper, Mark Nash, Paul Rees, Brad Gerlach and Todd Gower. What were you saying again?

Reply #46357 | Report this post

Lloyd Braun  
Years ago

maybe he just doesnt like 6"3 guys who play power forward?

Reply #46358 | Report this post

cheezeburger  
Years ago

dont worry reesy has a arsenal of low post offensive moves.take him out of those players isaac.mark nash has a three ball.

Reply #46380 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

I heard that Puddifoot was rated well by the coaches around this time last year, but made the decision to not be involved past a certain point?

Puddifoot doesn't mind the three either -- one game this year he attempted 12 outside shots. In another 9, and in another 8.

This season, 26% of his scoring came from three-pointers. He also averaged 17.6 PPG, so I don't know why you'd suggest that he isn't also an offensive player.

Reply #46384 | Report this post

bit hard to respond with your foot in your mouth is it Cheez?

Reply #46437 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

He's not really an offensive threat, he gets most of his points off put backs. It's not like you have to send your best defender to guard him, his post game isn't that special, and his 3 ball is too inconsistent to be labelled a shooter. He is a defensive minded player, has stopped all the big guns this year, and should be easily Defender of the year.

Reply #46636 | Report this post

gertrude  
Years ago

cheez....you are a clown, that is all that needs to be said.

Reply #46722 | Report this post

anonymous  
Years ago

Puddifoot is the hardest working player in the league. Lets just leave it at that.

Reply #47426 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 6:29 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754