Anonymous
Years ago

Elite Sydney Highschools

What are some Sydney Highschools that consistently produce talent? E.G. CAS, GPS, ISA Schools

Topic #39558 | Report this topic

Duke Fan  
Years ago

Sydney high schools don't "produce" talent. Local associations do and the schools borrow or steal them

Reply #590108 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I beg to differ. Some schools do more than certain associations to foster and develop a player's potential just due to them being involved with the athlete on an a year basis along with better coaching at schools than some associations have.

Reply #590110 | Report this post

Duke Fan  
Years ago

So "some" schools have the ability to polish a player more than "some" associations, but they still don't "produce" them. Or can you tell me the high schools that are out there running learn to play programs in the local primary schools?

Reply #590111 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

A majority of an athletes improvement is done from the 7th-12th grade. I agree that associations identify and foster development but they don't provide key aspects of development such as weight training. Schools that are K-12 also have programs that run from prep into high school.

Reply #590115 | Report this post

Duke Fan  
Years ago

I can only speak from my own experience of the number of schools getting around our association and others that I'm aware of and looking to offer incentives to athletes at top age U14/U16 level to come to their school.
If you're talking about elite players then these are overwhelmingly produced through associations. I stand by my first post

Reply #590118 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

(GPS)

- Newington
- Shore
- Scots
- Riverview

(CAS)

- Knox
- Trinity

(ISA)

- St Augustines

Reply #830837 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Sydney boys has won two national championships, all the above have not any, Oakhill college is the only other winner of the national championships in nsw.

Reply #830842 | Report this post

Dave Q  
Years ago

Westfield Sports is another good one.

Reply #830853 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Historically Sydney Boys have had the most success at nationals etc but if we're talking recent dominance (last 5 years) in their respective competitions and where most of the state and top players go school that list is the most accurate

Reply #830940 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

They run a very good system at SBH, if the talent is not there it's hard but there basketball structure is first class.

Reply #830944 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 7:10 am, Sat 27 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754